Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Amazing Spider-Man #50 (SPOILERS)

ALL OF MY POSTS GOT DELETED. LOL. I posted on the Kindred spoiler thread so many thoughts about this and just posted on the other one and it was deleted now too! Anyway, lets see if I can post my thoughts without spoilers here..

I'm not disappoitned by the reveal but I'm not surprised either given that many had suspected it already including myself. There still is a lot more to the mystery besides who he is though. Like HOW is it [this person], what is Peter's sin that [this person] is upset about, and what does [this person] want at the end of the day?

Though I was thinking something funny about Kindred's narrative. Up until issue 25 the big thing with Kindred was Peter needed to GUESS HIS NAME. It was all about WHO Kindred was begin the mystery. Then later people were like, "it seems like [this person] but that's too obvious". After that, the Kindred narrative was "it's not who I am you should be asking yourself, but WHAT DO I WANT?!"

I wonder if that was Spencer shifting due to many already guessing who Kindred was? LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex85 View Post
    ALL OF MY POSTS GOT DELETED. LOL. I posted on the Kindred spoiler thread so many thoughts about this and just posted on the other one and it was deleted now too! Anyway, lets see if I can post my thoughts without spoilers here..

I'm not disappoitned by the reveal but I'm not surprised either given that many had suspected it already including myself. There still is a lot more to the mystery besides who he is though. Like HOW is it [this person], what is Peter's sin that ]this person] is upset about, and what does [this person] want at the end of the day?

Though I was thinking something funny about Kindred's narrative. Up until issue 25 the big thing with Kindred was Peter needed to GUESS HIS NAME. It was all about WHO Kindred was begin the mystery. Then later people were like, "it seems like [this person] but that's too obvious". After that, the Kindred narrative was "it's not who I am you should be asking yourself, but WHAT DO I WANT?!"

I wonder if that was Spencer shifting due to many already guessing who Kindred was? LOL
    wait why did that last thread get deleted
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    wait why did that last thread get deleted
    No idea, maybe Marvel is contacting CBR about spoilers on this issue and having them delete stuff? Would be good to get an explination though since it has spoiler warnings on both of them.

No idea, maybe Marvel is contacting CBR about spoilers on this issue and having them delete stuff? Would be good to get an explination though since it has spoiler warnings on both of them.
    wait marvel cares about these forums i know that they lend previews
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

One more thing about the reveal. The reveal in this issue is stated by Norman.

Now, back some issues ago Kindred says something to the effect: "Norman thinks he knows who I am. What I am. ..." Why would Kindred use the words THINKS. Maybe I'm reading too much into it but I wonder if we are being mislead here and Kindred is going to end up being someone different. I highly doubt it. Like 90% sure it's the person in this issue but there is a slim chance given Kindred saying that in a previous issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    wait marvel cares about these forums i know that they lend previews
    Maybe that's the reason. Thread was tagged with spoilers.
    Anyway, I thought the reveal is ok, but also... Predictable. A lot of people guessed right.

Spencer has a lot of explaining to do.
    Last edited by Dzika_Sowa; 10-14-2020 at 08:14 AM.

Astonishing Member

This actually goes to legal issues such as “Exclusivity ” Let me tell a story. I saw a film on Roku called “I Take This Woman” I had been looking for it for many years and wrote a review on IMDB about it. The next day it was taken off and had not returned. Universal who owns the rights probably raised Hell over this film being shown and threatened to take their movies away ( it is extremely rare). In this case, Marvel was not happy because they figure they lost money in sales over the reveal and threatened CBR to take their previews to Bleeding Cool or somewhere else unless the spoilers are taken down.
    Last edited by NC_Yankee; 10-14-2020 at 09:11 AM.

Default Amazing Spider-Man #50 (SPOILERS)

Are we allowed to post anything on this now that it's out and comic stores are open?

Anyway, besides the big reveal I just wanted to mention the on the nose reference to One More Day by Doctor Strange to Peter? Peter did not literally make a deal with a demonic entity throwing Osborn off the vehicle, but he did literally do it in OMD. I thought that was really a twist of words that was on purpose.

Thoughts?

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Default Spider-Man 50 Discussion

Another stellar issue from Spencer. Not as good as #850 but the way he teased and teased up until the end was great.

As for the reveal...a little obvious but I’m still pleased with it. It opens up to ALOT of questions when you begin thinking about it.

CBR Community Standards & Rules

NO REVIEW/SPOILER THREADS OF NEW COMIC RELEASES BEFORE 9AM EST

Threads to discuss newly-released comics may be created at 9:00 AM Eastern on the day the issues are officially released in the United States (typically Wednesday).
    Conn Seanery
    CBR Forums Administrator ~ Ron Swansonite ~ Brock Samson will show us the way
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

"Hnh. Could Bowie have been a mutant?" ~Dr. Doom (Hellfire Gala 2022)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Conn Seanery View Post
    Dang. Well, at least we've been warned...

BANNED

Man, I don't know what to think about the Kindred reveal.

I mean, how does that fit in the timeline, he's been alive for a long time now and even had a close relationship with Peter for a while.

Are we allowed to post anything on this now that it's out and comic stores are open?

Anyway, besides the big reveal I just wanted to mention the on the nose reference to One More Day by Doctor Strange to Peter? Peter did not literally make a deal with a demonic entity throwing Osborn off the vehicle, but he did literally do it in OMD. I thought that was really a twist of words that was on purpose.

Thoughts?
    The teasing never ends.They had o good opportunity to retcon / resolve / acknowledge OMD with this story, and it seems they had chosen another direction.

A wasted opportunity in my opinion. But hey, the story is still good, even with the reveal that we got.

I wonder if Norman will stay cleansed for a bit. I would like to see some stories with him becoming sane. I also wonder if Kindred will resurrect a certain uncle from the grave.

Anyway, I still wonder how Kindred can be dead, if he is alive at the same time.

I think Gwen would have been more "juicy" but I understand that after Hydra! Cap, Nick would not want to expose himself so much.

It fits well and I'm intrigued where this can go with the obvious references to One More Day.

A good comic.

I'm happy with the reveal, this is the opportunity to blend one of my favorites comicbooks ever, where this character died, and his comeback in OMD and Brand New Day, which never worked perfectly before. This new addition to the story can help make BND better in retrospective. Predictable? Certainly, but also that predictability made a lot of people discard that suspect, and the answer makes sense with the clues given. Could there be more plot twists in further issues? Yes, and it's common for Spencer to do so. I've been really enjoying ASM these past months after a time of underwhelming stories in the series
    Last edited by Chubistian; 10-14-2020 at 12:31 PM.
    "The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH