Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    It is interesting that Kindred has power to not only take people from Hell ( like Mysterio and Sin Eater), but from Heaven as well ( in the case of George and Gwen). This is without question tied into the Mysterio/MJ movie. The fact they had an actor as Otto in the movie ( not just using ASM 121 ) is proof of it.
    What makes you think he can take people from heaven? I mean all he did was take the corpses out of the grave for the Stacys.

One thing that is bugging me about Kindred are his powers and so on. I wish we would get a more concrete explanation as to just what he is capable of. Seems like now he has the abilities to call on demons. I would personally just like to know what his power level actually is.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by RD155 View Post
    One thing that is bugging me about Kindred are his powers and so on. I wish we would get a more concrete explanation as to just what he is capable of. Seems like now he has the abilities to call on demons and so on. I would personally just like to know what his power level actually is.
    Because power levels are always the most important thing when writing a story./s

I wouldn’t be surprised if Spencer is specifically keeping it vague so that there’s no set limit on what Kindred can do.

Astonishing Member

What makes you think he can take people from heaven? I mean all he did was take the corpses out of the grave for the Stacys.
    That is a fair point. But the fact that Spencer is going in the direction of bringing people back from the dead, and not simply doing a Freddie Kruger style mind game with Peter ( which we know he can do), makes me think he can actually do this.

Astonishing Member

That is a fair point. But the fact that Spencer is going in the direction of bringing people back from the dead, and not simply doing a Freddie Kruger style mind game with Peter ( which we know he can do), makes me think he can actually do this.

But...where are you getting he's bringing other people back outside of Mysterio & Sin-Eater? He's not said anything about bringing back anyone else, far as I can tell.
    Last edited by Yvonmukluk; 10-19-2020 at 09:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    Because power levels are always the most important thing when writing a story./s

I wouldn’t be surprised if Spencer is specifically keeping it vague so that there’s no set limit on what Kindred can do.
    It’s the old school comic fan in my that’s bugged by it. At this point, I do realize that consistent power levels aren’t a high priority anymore with comic stories. Still annoys me at times.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Yvonmukluk View Post
    But...where are you getting he's bringing other people back outside of Mysterio & Sin-Eater? He's not said anything about bringing back anyone else, far as I can tell.
    Here is my question why have a meal with George? I can understand haunting him with Gwen, but why not Uncle Ben? That haunts Peter more then anything ( which is why he goes to a Met game every year on the anniversary of his death)? Uncle Ben’ddeath is also more of a Peter SIN then George. There has to be a reason why he chose George and Gwen? If it actually is them ( and not some Ghost Of Christmas Past that haunted Scrooge in A Christmas Carol), then indeed Kindred has the power to take people from Heaven

Here is my question why have a meal with George? I can understand haunting him with Gwen, but why not Uncle Ben? That haunts Peter more then anything ( which is why he goes to a Met game every year on the anniversary of his death)? Uncle Ben’ddeath is also more of a Peter SIN then George. There has to be a reason why he chose George and Gwen? If it actually is them ( and not some Ghost Of Christmas Past that haunted Scrooge in A Christmas Carol), then indeed Kindred has the power to take people from Heaven
    I think you are overthinking this a bit too much. Granted having uncle Ben would have had more impact but I still
    Don’t see how you are getting this whole “Bring people from heaven” angle. Again it was just the corpses.

A Reckoning is Nigh

I think you are overthinking this a bit too much. Granted having uncle Ben would have had more impact but I still
    Don’t see how you are getting this whole “Bring people from heaven” angle. Again it was just the corpses.
    It's just the corpses right NOW but from what we know about Kindred and what he's been doing it makes sense to think that maybe there'll be something more to them in the near future

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gwen Parker View Post
    It's just the corpses right NOW but from what we know about Kindred and what he's been doing it makes sense to think that maybe there'll be something more to them in the near future
    Thank you Gwen Parker: That is exactly my point. If Kindred wanted to torture Peter he could simply haunt him and drive him crazy ( I mentioned Freddy Kruger as an example of this before). He has something particularly nasty in store for Peter ( and I bet it involves MJ). Of course, like most villains ( especially Dr. Doom and Otto) he will get overconfident and let Peter survive without going insane.

I don't think he will bring back George or Gwen.
    Also, Stillanerd Has a really good theory. Maybe Harry isn't really a demon, and he's just using the tablet to bring people back from the death?

As for not bringing back Uncle Ben, maybe he simply does not know the guilt that Peter is feeling over his death. I mean, the didn't knew each other at the time, right?

All Harry might know is that Uncle Ben died, shot by a burglar.

Fantastic Member

One thing that is bugging me about Kindred are his powers and so on. I wish we would get a more concrete explanation as to just what he is capable of. Seems like now he has the abilities to call on demons. I would personally just like to know what his power level actually is.
    Kindred has displayed the following:
    -Ressurection
    -Induce illusions
    -Empowering servants with demonic power
    -Conjure lightning strikes
    -Conjure pestilence of centipedes/rats/maggots from self and others
    -Centipede appendages on back that can rip off steel doors/rip apart robots/dig/crush heads with ease
    -tap into dreams
    -tap into the web of life
    -teleportation, possibly through any mirror/reflection

So its safe to say his power moveset is pretty high. Maybe comparable to someone like Blackheart? But I wouldn't put him as high as Hell Lords like Mephisto or Satannish, at least what we've seen of him so far, but he seems pretty autonomous in his own right and usually the only demons in hell who do this are ones that get to the level Hell Lords are, unless Mephisto is just letting Kindred play pretend like he has with Blackheart and is really overseeing everything.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dzika_Sowa View Post
    I don't think he will bring back George or Gwen.
    Also, Stillanerd Has a really good theory. Maybe Harry isn't really a demon, and he's just using the tablet to bring people back from the death?

As for not bringing back Uncle Ben, maybe he simply does not know the guilt that Peter is feeling over his death. I mean, the didn't knew each other at the time, right?

All Harry might know is that Uncle Ben died, shot by a burglar.
    If Jackal-Ben was able to figure that out, along with every other person who has died related to Spidey and bring them back to life, I dont see how Kindred couldn't either. For those reasons though, I really hope Kindred's plan doesnt involve too many callbacks of "look at all these people you couldn't save" as a major plot point because all things considered Clone Conspiracy was only a few years ago and did the same thing, even if Spencer's story would be x50 the one Slott's was, the reuse of themes just gets a bit tiring?

Quote Originally Posted by Kingkalamari View Post
    Kindred has displayed the following:
    -Ressurection
    -Induce illusions
    -Empowering servants with demonic power
    -Conjure lightning strikes
    -Conjure pestilence of centipedes/rats/maggots from self and others
    -Centipede appendages on back that can rip off steel doors/rip apart robots/dig/crush heads with ease
    -tap into dreams
    -tap into the web of life
    -teleportation, possibly through any mirror/reflection

So its safe to say his power moveset is pretty high. Maybe comparable to someone like Blackheart? But I wouldn't put him as high as Hell Lords like Mephisto or Satannish, at least what we've seen of him so far, but he seems pretty autonomous in his own right and usually the only demons in hell who do this are ones that get to the level Hell Lords are, unless Mephisto is just letting Kindred play pretend like he has with Blackheart and is really overseeing everything.
    I'm sure we'll get some more in-depth explanations about Kindred's nature once Doctor Strange gets more involved with the whole ordeal.