Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    A) American Son is not universally regarded as a great story.

B) Nobody liked the Osborn hillbilly family stuff in Go Down Swinging, it was quite extraneous to the actual plot of "Norman has the Carnage Suit and relearns Peter's identity". I mean Emily Osborn was alive all along...what was that all about?
    People loathe OMD and Sins Past but Spencer has worked them into his run as story devices rather than removing them. It'd be a shame to have just years of Spidey stories, especially ones that handle Harry/Norman's relationship well, retconned away just so Harry could be more validated as Kindred. I hope Spencer doesnt do this and lean towards him finding a way for both to exist, but who knows.

The Emily Osborn retcon was so dumb lol, I like Go Down Swinging but that whole little thread in his last arc is dumb lol. That character's been dead forever, as in we never even knew her as a living character, then to just have her reveal herself in the climax of the final story being like "It was me, I've always been alive!!" then just peaces out into the night again after it's all over. Ok.

I'm always happy to see some good old fashion Peter and Osborn feuding so this is exciting as it can offer a new dimension to that. It's like for as horrible of a monster as Norman is, somehow Harry has been turned into an even more grotesque monster and that is just sad in a good poetic sort of way.
    Last edited by Spidey_62; 10-14-2020 at 02:57 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey_62 View Post
    Yeah, still not ruling out some sort of One More Day tie. Especially after this issue explicitly calling out making a deal with the devil again, I don't think it's a coincidence given the subject matter, Kindred's origins, and this being the start of a big Kindred story.
    My earlier theory was it was Norman who was Kindred and OMD happened because he went to Hell and made a deal with Mephisto. The deal was Norman becomes Mephisto’s lackey in exchange for the marriage breaking up. This scenario can work for Harry as well. In fact even more so because MJ dumped Harry’s sorry ass and that gives him a motive to hate her ( and hate Peter for marrying her). The fact Dr. Strange reminded Peter of the Mephisto deal makes this possible. A point I have made before and I will again ( until I get an answer) is why did Mephisto want the marriage ended? The only logical answer was it is part of a deal he made. I really hope this is a way to get rid of OMD? That is the only way to justify the use of that story bad well as Sins Past.

Incredible Member

There isn't enough space for Spencer to retcon OMD in 5 issues (the LR issues are just padding). At least 1 of the 5 has to deal with the motivation (if not the origin) of Kindred. The standard 3 issues of buildup to ramp up the stakes and then the "OMG, I only have one more issue to rush out a conclusion" issue. I would be genuinely surprised if he continues to stretch out a Kindred/Spidey storyline throughout 2021.

My prediction is Spidey has to somehow pull the Kindred out of Harry to save his friend or lose him "forever" and has to balance the struggle of how to fight him to accomplish that.

Quote Originally Posted by wleakr View Post
    There isn't enough space for Spencer to retcon OMD in 5 issues (the LR issues are just padding). At least 1 of the 5 has to deal with the motivation (if not the origin) of Kindred. The standard 3 issues of buildup to ramp up the stakes and then the "OMG, I only have one more issue to rush out a conclusion" issue. I would be genuinely surprised if he continues to stretch out a Kindred/Spidey storyline throughout 2021.

My prediction is Spidey has to somehow pull the Kindred out of Harry to save his friend or lose him "forever" and has to balance the struggle of how to fight him to accomplish that.
    agreed I cant see how these 5 issues will focus on OMD when Kindred and Peter are going to duke it out for real this time
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Fantastic Member

If Kindred is tied to OMD somehow imagine post-Kindred arc will involve MJ/Pete being on the rocks over the result of their actions and rekindle their relationship overcoming it, and maybe working up to a wedding by issue #100 if Spencer sticks around till then.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingkalamari View Post
    If Kindred is tied to OMD somehow imagine post-Kindred arc will involve MJ/Pete being on the rocks over the result of their actions and rekindle their relationship overcoming it, and maybe working up to a wedding by issue #100 if Spencer sticks around till then.
    last time I was hype for a wedding in comics was batman and kitty's and both did me dirty. When is the next anniversary year for spiderman I think it would make sense to remarried Peter and Mj there

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    last time I was hype for a wedding in comics was batman and kitty's and both did me dirty. When is the next anniversary year for spiderman I think it would make sense to remarried Peter and Mj there
    The next is 2022, Spider-Man turns 60, 20 year anniversary of Raimi's Spider-Man 1 (2022). ASM #900 will be published around October 2022 as well.

Of course the real milestone within reach is ASM#1000. First Marvel ongoing superhero title to get there (of course it got there by cheating by going bi-monthly but let's leave that aside), that's expected to be say 2026. My feeling is that ASM#1000 will have Peter's 30th Birthday. I can't think of anything more appropriate for such a grand issue.

Milestone Issues in Spider-Man are big deals and tend to attract civilian attention and interest especially for a civilian-friendly character like Spider-Man. Milestone Issues tend to alternate between big serious stories and minor one-offs (like JMS' ASM#500). Sometimes they are dark and pessimistic (Slott's ASM#700 and also #800 to some extent) and feature major character deaths, other times it can feature major character reveals (Venom in #300), or be optimistic. I think ASM#1000 will be a major optimistic story. A valedictory one-off to attract civilians.

agreed I cant see how these 5 issues will focus on OMD when Kindred and Peter are going to duke it out for real this time
    Judging by the solicits, I'd say we are giong to find out about Peter's sin / what Kindred wants by issue 55.

LAST REMAINS CONCLUDES!
    "LAST REMAINS" ends and will make you look at Spider-Man differently. It'll make Peter look at himself differently.
    • If you thought the buildup TO Kindred was intense, the fallout FROM Kindred is even more devastating.
    Rated T+

I don't see this arc being the end of the Kindred story, though it may take a vastly different turn from there on. From what I heard the Kindred arc is going to be the whole focus of Spencer's run and I don't think he is just going to quit at the end of this arc.
    Last edited by Vortex85; 10-14-2020 at 06:31 PM.

It was good. As i said in the other thread i can't believe that my first guest and the one that i dismiss because i thought it was too obvious was the rigth one lol. But hey, at least the reveal makes sense and this is probably the most interesting thing that they had done with Harry in like a decade or more.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    The next is 2022, Spider-Man turns 60, 20 year anniversary of Raimi's Spider-Man 1 (2022). ASM #900 will be published around October 2022 as well.

Of course the real milestone within reach is ASM#1000. First Marvel ongoing superhero title to get there (of course it got there by cheating by going bi-monthly but let's leave that aside), that's expected to be say 2026. My feeling is that ASM#1000 will have Peter's 30th Birthday. I can't think of anything more appropriate for such a grand issue.

Milestone Issues in Spider-Man are big deals and tend to attract civilian attention and interest especially for a civilian-friendly character like Spider-Man. Milestone Issues tend to alternate between big serious stories and minor one-offs (like JMS' ASM#500). Sometimes they are dark and pessimistic (Slott's ASM#700 and also #800 to some extent) and feature major character deaths, other times it can feature major character reveals (Venom in #300), or be optimistic. I think ASM#1000 will be a major optimistic story. A valedictory one-off to attract civilians.
    a remarriage at 900 would be cool

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey_62 View Post
    The Emily Osborn retcon was so dumb lol, I like Go Down Swinging but that whole little thread in his last arc is dumb lol. That character's been dead forever, as in we never even knew her as a living character, then to just have her reveal herself in the climax of the final story being like "It was me, I've always been alive!!" then just peaces out into the night again after it's all over. Ok.
    Yeah, like I said, only way the Emily thing made sense to me back then was when I considered that the next writer wanted to use her alive and asked Slott to bring her around, which is dumb, but hey, at least it'd build up for something.

Maybe Slott just decided to resurrect her so maybe someone someday can use her? Or maybe he's messing with us and is laughing at our theories? Who knows lol.

I'm always happy to see some good old fashion Peter and Osborn feuding so this is exciting as it can offer a new dimension to that. It's like for as horrible of a monster as Norman is, somehow Harry has been turned into an even more grotesque monster and that is just sad in a good poetic sort of way.
    Daddy issues and being in hell does that .

Man I had forgotten those, sheesh... By default I'd expect a marriage in ASM again to be bait, now I'll expect it to be even more so lol.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    It was good. As i said in the other thread i can't believe that my first guest and the one that i dismiss because i thought it was too obvious was the rigth one lol. But hey, at least the reveal makes sense and this is probably the most interesting thing that they had done with Harry in like a decade or more.
    Outside of American Son, did Harry even do anything?

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Yeah, like I said, only way the Emily thing made sense to me back then was when I considered that the next writer wanted to use her alive and asked Slott to bring her around, which is dumb, but hey, at least it'd build up for something.

Maybe Slott just decided to resurrect her so maybe someone someday can use her? Or maybe he's messing with us and is laughing at our theories? Who knows lol.

Daddy issues and being in hell does that .

Man I had forgotten those, sheesh... By default I'd expect a marriage in ASM again to be bait, now I'll expect it to be even more so lol.

Outside of American Son, did Harry even do anything?
    He did stuff, thought it wasn't particurlary memorable, he has romance with Lily Hollister/Menace (remember that lol) and has another kid with her wich was conected with American Son, he beat the crap out of Michelle's brother when he got out of prision because he was threatening him (he got into some weird Green Goblin cult on prison) and then that was dropped, he appeared in Superior at the end to help with something and then he did stuff in Slott vol 4....i think. His last apperances was in that digital comic in youtube about Absolute Carnage wich was a bit cool, but i don't know if that is canon.

So generally, he did things, but it really wasn't interesting or very relevant overall. Half of the time i forgot that he was around.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Fantastic Member

Hot take: this storyline is a mess. And I was around for the clone saga. At least that had some cool twists and sweet art.
    "Mutationem Aeternum"
    Krakoan and Proud

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    He did stuff, thought it wasn't particurlary memorable, he has romance with Lily Hollister/Menace (remember that lol) and has another kid with her wich was conected with American Son, he beat the crap out of Michelle's brother when he got out of prision because he was threatening him (he got into some weird Green Goblin cult on prison) and then that was dropped, he appeared in Superior at the end to help with something and then he did stuff in Slott vol 4....i think. His last apperances was in that digital comic in youtube about Absolute Carnage wich was a bit cool, but i don't know if that is canon.

So generally, he did things, but it really wasn't interesting or very relevant overall. Half of the time i forgot that he was around.
    It's sad that denouncing his father completely wasn't memorable.