Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

I can understand that point of view. It does seem like there’s a lot of disparate stories going on at once, but I’m really intrigued about how things play out over the next couple months. I’m just really excited about the Osborn connection. I’ve always disagreed with the thought that Norman and/or Harry need to be shelved for any significant amount of time. I think much of the best drama and stories with the highest stakes revolve around them. Regardless of how many of us guessed that Kindred was Harry, I don’t think that negates the fact that it’s a solid choice with dramatic storytelling potential.

Switching gears a bit - did anyone else read the letters column at the end of the issue? Lowe responds to one letter with a mention of Ben Reilly, saying he was almost part of this story. Then, he teases to keep reading, implying that Spencer may have plans for Ben. What do you all think of Ben being involved at some point in the near future?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex85 View Post
    Judging by the solicits, I'd say we are giong to find out about Peter's sin / what Kindred wants by issue 55.

LAST REMAINS CONCLUDES!
    "LAST REMAINS" ends and will make you look at Spider-Man differently. It'll make Peter look at himself differently.
    • If you thought the buildup TO Kindred was intense, the fallout FROM Kindred is even more devastating.
    Rated T+

I don't see this arc being the end of the Kindred story, though it may take a vastly different turn from there on. From what I heard the Kindred arc is going to be the whole focus of Spencer's run and I don't think he is just going to quit at the end of this arc.
    I disagree. I think Harry will be sent straight back to Hell. The only question is will Peter or Norman do it? I also suspect someone else is going to die ( the ASM 55 cover was very bleak). I just hope it is not MJ ( although that would anger but not shock me).
    Last edited by NC_Yankee; 10-14-2020 at 07:54 PM.

Amazing Member

Theory
    Kindred blames Peter for his actions during one more day(although shouldn’t he also feel this way toward MJ? Ehh.....)
    Very soon in this arc Kindred will either explain or cause Peter to remember OMD
    There will be some sort of moral quandary about undoing OMD once it is brought to light. Would undoing this cause Aunt May to die, would the world remember Peters identity? And so on
    By the end of the arc Peter will have to come to terms with OMD and most of the rest of Spencer’s run will deal this development.

Excited to see how MJ will play into this story as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Jness View Post
    Hot take: this storyline is a mess. And I was around for the clone saga. At least that had some cool twists and sweet art.
    Patrick Gleason's art is great, though. This run has had some pretty bleh fill-ins here and there but Gleason is a top-notch industry artist on the title, whatever faults the story might have or end up having his art right now definitely isn't one of em imo. It's high energy and very atmospheric for the story's nature which probably can help to elevate the material, and I love seeing the big Spidey eyes. I do agree the Clone Saga had pretty sweet art a lot of the time lol.

I know some are saying it was obviously Harry, but see i didn't make that connection because to my knowledge he was still alive at the end of Slott's run when Parker Industries went down...did he die at some point? Or is this the Harry that was already dead before OMD?

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    His last apperances was in that digital comic in youtube about Absolute Carnage wich was a bit cool, but i don't know if that is canon.

So generally, he did things, but it really wasn't interesting or very relevant overall. Half of the time i forgot that he was around.
    I believe his last appearance was in Web of Venom: The Good Son. Where he and Lizz both took in Dylan and Sleeper with them while Eddie was away because of Venom Island.

I always thought it was funny how Harry and Eddie had this little bits of rivalry because of when Venom worked for Alchemax in the Costa run. With Eddie poking fun at how he was the better villain of the two, and Harry helping Eddie out with his kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Jness View Post
    Hot take: this storyline is a mess. And I was around for the clone saga. At least that had some cool twists and sweet art.
    How is this a mess? That's not even true. It's been building up pretty well for the most part.

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    I disagree. I think Harry will be sent straight back to Hell. The only question is will Peter or Norman do it? I also suspect someone else is going to die ( the ASM 55 cover was very bleak). I just hope it is not MJ ( although that would anger but not shock me).
    Similarly to how people didn't expect it to be Harry since Harry has mostly been absent for this run, MJ has been absent on purpose by Kindred to keep her away from him. Harry doesn't want her to be hurt so how would that be for a twist of fate for her to end up dying as a result of Harry? The run started with a flashback to the loved To Have and To Hold story where Peter talks about how he feels whole when he's with her so that would definitely be bleak for Peter. I don't want MJ to die mind you, but just spitballing. Seeing them together again and happy was so refreshing for the first year of the title before they shipped her off.

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    I know some are saying it was obviously Harry, but see i didn't make that connection because to my knowledge he was still alive at the end of Slott's run when Parker Industries went down...did he die at some point? Or is this the Harry that was already dead before OMD?
    He didn't die again, it's just that Absolute Carnage's tie-ins have too many clues that pointed at Harry, since Kindred knows Norman, Norman says Kindred is part of his legacy, Kindred talked about like he was there during the "golden times" (That being before Gwen died), the flashbacks showed a decent amount of Harry... AC's tie-ins made it look like it was either him or Gwen, but before that, Kindred was specifically called a "he", and even said to be "A man who became a demon", so that was really pointing at Harry, even though he was still alive last time we saw him, the clues still really pointed at him.

Quote Originally Posted by JTHM View Post
    I believe his last appearance was in Web of Venom: The Good Son. Where he and Lizz both took in Dylan and Sleeper with them while Eddie was away because of Venom Island.

I always thought it was funny how Harry and Eddie had this little bits of rivalry because of when Venom worked for Alchemax in the Costa run. With Eddie poking fun at how he was the better villain of the two, and Harry helping Eddie out with his kids.
    Sounds like Eddie was just a douche while Harry helped him out anyways lol.

Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

I don't know what to think about this issue (could say the same about #850). Both didn't feel special enough.

Really liked the reveal, though, since it was my prediction.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    He didn't die again, it's just that Absolute Carnage's tie-ins have too many clues that pointed at Harry, since Kindred knows Norman, Norman says Kindred is part of his legacy, Kindred talked about like he was there during the "golden times" (That being before Gwen died), the flashbacks showed a decent amount of Harry... AC's tie-ins made it look like it was either him or Gwen, but before that, Kindred was specifically called a "he", and even said to be "A man who became a demon", so that was really pointing at Harry, even though he was still alive last time we saw him, the clues still really pointed at him.

Back then the way that Kindred describe his relationship with Norman i was like "that 100% sounds like Harry" especially the part of being scared of him.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by JTHM View Post

Speaking of Eddie it is interesting that so many people you think of that are part of Peter’s cast: Fisk, Gwen, Cletus, Rhino and Eddie himself with be in King in Black but no Peter. This after he basically sat out the Kree/Skull story ( he was an FF replacement). I wonder why?

Astonishing Member

Harry once implanted a mindcontrol device in Liz that would activate upon his death, so Kindred’s actions aren’t too crazy by comparison.

He did stuff, thought it wasn't particurlary memorable, he has romance with Lily Hollister/Menace (remember that lol) and has another kid with her wich was conected with American Son, he beat the crap out of Michelle's brother when he got out of prision because he was threatening him (he got into some weird Green Goblin cult on prison) and then that was dropped, he appeared in Superior at the end to help with something and then he did stuff in Slott vol 4....i think. His last apperances was in that digital comic in youtube about Absolute Carnage wich was a bit cool, but i don't know if that is canon.

So generally, he did things, but it really wasn't interesting or very relevant overall. Half of the time i forgot that he was around.
    Only thing I remember him doing during PI era was figuring out Regent's secret identity, where he did most deductions, and I remember that because in the same issue Peter was being a manchild and fighting Iron Man, so the parts without Spider-Man were way better lol.

Outside of that, I think all he did was basically have this "Hey Peter, I'm a good friend and am supportive of you" relationship with Peter, and he didn't show up much, so we didn't see much of that too.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Hulk View Post
    I don't know what to think about this issue (could say the same about #850). Both didn't feel special enough.

Really liked the reveal, though, since it was my prediction.
    Yeah, this issue is just setting up for the next ones, so hopefully the next ones are worth it.

Back then the way that Kindred describe his relationship with Norman i was like "that 100% sounds like Harry" especially the part of being scared of him.
    One thing that made me kinda doubt it's him was the "Made me feel powerless. Whether the mask was on or not", 'cause I'm not sure how many times Harry actually saw Norman as Goblin, if at all, one time we even had Norman going back to normal when seeing Harry (Pretty sure Harry was unconscious), maybe there was an issue where Norman was a dick to Harry as Goblin, but I really don't remember if that happened.

Still, being scared of Norman would really describe Harry anyways, and probably not Gwen, 'cause as far as we've seen, she didn't even meet Norman much to be scared of him, she'd have more reasons to be scared of him as Green Goblin, since he kidnapped and killed her, which Slott's retcon would help out since originally she was unconscious and it's not even clear if she saw Green Goblin before going unconscious.

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    Harry once implanted a mindcontrol device in Liz that would activate upon his death, so Kindred’s actions aren’t too crazy by comparison.
    The hell man lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Well, in all fairness. The "I'm the cooler villain" was before Harry gave him a hand with his kids. But yeah, Eddie's kind of a jackass lol.

But hey, better to be a jackass than to be Kindred.

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    Speaking of Eddie it is interesting that so many people you think of that are part of Peter’s cast: Fisk, Gwen, Cletus, Rhino and Eddie himself with be in King in Black but no Peter. This after he basically sat out the Kree/Skull story ( he was an FF replacement). I wonder why?
    Peter is in King in Black. In the form of the Symbiote Spider-Man tie-in, as well as in the main book. He has appeared in the covers and I have little doubt he'll be in the story itself too.