Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by JTHM View Post
    Well, in all fairness. The "I'm the cooler villain" was before Harry gave him a hand with his kids. But yeah, Eddie's kind of a jackass lol.

But hey, better to be a jackass than to be Kindred.
    Hey, Kindred is at least nicer:

Look at this, he's apologizing to the innocent man he's brutally murdering, when was the last time Eddie did something like that?

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post

Look at this, he's apologizing to the innocent man he's brutally murdering, when was the last time Eddie did something like that?
    Well has Kindred pat someone after saving their lives by brutally killing a criminal, you can't get nicer than that
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

So the reveal was the most obvious option...the one most of us wrote off as being a little too obvious.
    But it opens to a TON of doors.

It all seems to be slowly converging around the consequences of OMD, and the similarities between Harry/Peter involve making deal with devils somewhere down the line.

I don’t see it being neatly wrapped up and finished by the end of Last Remains. I’m not entirely convinced that’ll be it for Kindred, either. Once we find out Kindreds origins, I imagine that will open up loads of avenues for the next half of Spencer’s run.

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    So the reveal was the most obvious option...the one most of us wrote off as being a little too obvious.
    But it opens to a TON of doors.

It all seems to be slowly converging around the consequences of OMD, and the similarities between Harry/Peter involve making deal with devils somewhere down the line.

I don’t see it being neatly wrapped up and finished by the end of Last Remains. I’m not entirely convinced that’ll be it for Kindred, either. Once we find out Kindreds origins, I imagine that will open up loads of avenues for the next half of Spencer’s run.
    Yeah, I think we're only really reaching the midpoint of this overall story. I think Spencer's goal at least was 100 issues. I can see it building to some interesting things that could peak around #100 of this run or ASM #900 much like how they sort of used 2 anniversaries back to back to get extra sized big markers for the story with 850 and today's issue. My bet is the overall battle with Harry doesn't go too well in Peter's favor and he's gonna have to reckon with what he learns, leading to the next half where it's Peter trying to work his way to the rematch. It's interesting to think how Peter even would get the upper hand on a villain like Kindred who knows him so well and has been watching him in the shadows for a long time now.

I'm curious to see the solicitations soon for January where we might get a sense of where it's going immediately after this story wraps.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post

Now that I think about it, Kindred is really starting to sound like a Venom retread.

It’s like Spencer wanted to have Venom but couldn’t use the actual Venom for the story.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

It wasn't Gabriel? I thought it would've been him when he dug up George's body. Wonder how Nick Spencer's gonna explain this one.
    "Cable was right!"

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey_62 View Post
    Yeah, I think we're only really reaching the midpoint of this overall story. I think Spencer's goal at least was 100 issues. I can see it building to some interesting things that could peak around #100 of this run or ASM #900 much like how they sort of used 2 anniversaries back to back to get extra sized big markers for the story with 850 and today's issue. My bet is the overall battle with Harry doesn't go too well in Peter's favor and he's gonna have to reckon with what he learns, leading to the next half where it's Peter trying to work his way to the rematch. It's interesting to think how Peter even would get the upper hand on a villain like Kindred who knows him so well and has been watching him in the shadows for a long time now.

I'm curious to see the solicitations soon for January where we might get a sense of where it's going immediately after this story wraps.
    Yeah, I agree. this is definitely midpoint.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jness View Post
    Hot take: this storyline is a mess. And I was around for the clone saga. At least that had some cool twists and sweet art.
    How is this a mess tho? How is this a WORSE mess than Clone Saga? I think almost everything is clear or will be cleared in the next 5 issues.

Question: Did Harry ever kill anyone? Why would he go to hell?

Maybe because he was in hell? Hell changes people, you know

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    It wasn't Gabriel? I thought it would've been him when he dug up George's body. Wonder how Nick Spencer's gonna explain this one.
    I agree. I think it is Gabriel. George and Stacy's corpses at the dinner table, Kindred mentioning having his own "familial matters" and "being surrounded by those you love" ... when Norman simply identified Kindred as "his son", it leaves everyone to jump to Harry ... but I think that image is Gabriel, just with his hair cut like Norman/Harry.

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    Now that I think about it, Kindred is really starting to sound like a Venom retread.

It’s like Spencer wanted to have Venom but couldn’t use the actual Venom for the story.
    Considering how much emphasis he makes on Norman, the Lee/Romita era and DeMatteis run, who had barely anything to do with Venom, i really doubt it.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by jsafanforever View Post
    I agree. I think it is Gabriel. George and Stacy's corpses at the dinner table, Kindred mentioning having his own "familial matters" and "being surrounded by those you love" ... when Norman simply identified Kindred as "his son", it leaves everyone to jump to Harry ... but I think that image is Gabriel, just with his hair cut like Norman/Harry.
    Um, did you read this whole issue or just look at some scans? Because in the following page they literally say it's Harry Osborn in the solicits for Last Remains.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey_62 View Post

I question if Spencer makes 100 more issues. Why? He will run out of villains to use ( and thus stories). Of major villains he has not used Otto, Sandman, Shocker, Ezekiel and Kingsley. There are also minor bad guys like Smythe and Lady Octopus but you get the point.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    I question if Spencer makes 100 more issues. Why? He will run out of villains to use
    A) Writers don't think like that.

B) Running out of villains is not a real problem with Spider-Man. He has the best and deepest rogues gallery of any Marvel hero.

Major writers on Daredevil can spin 60-70 issue runs on DD while just orbiting around a few major villains, so a professional writer of great skill isn't going to simply "run out of villains".