Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
    BANNED

By the way something to blow everyone's mind.

Remember the title of the Spectacular Spider-Man story arc that JMD wrote on Harry. It's called "The Child Within". The word "Kind" in Kindred is German for child.

And Harry is Norman's child, and Kindred can sound like Kind + Dread, i.e. "fear of the child".

And of course the word dread (or dred) and dead have a morphic similarity. so it also conjures "the dead child".

Harry Osborn is the dead kind who has become a figure of dread.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    A) Writers don't think like that.

B) Running out of villains is not a real problem with Spider-Man. He has the best and deepest rogues gallery of any Marvel hero.

Major writers on Daredevil can spin 60-70 issue runs on DD while just orbiting around a few major villains, so a professional writer of great skill isn't going to simply "run out of villains".
    I am going to predict a large Electro ( Dillon) story since Jamie Foxx is returning in the next Peter film. The villain I want to see is Shocker. He is a personal favorite, but like Vulture I have yet to see the great issue featuring him

Astonishing Member

Remember the title of the Spectacular Spider-Man story arc that JMD wrote on Harry. It's called "The Child Within". The word "Kind" in Kindred is German for child.

And Harry is Norman's child, and Kindred can sound like Kind + Dread, i.e. "fear of the child".

And of course the word dread (or dred) and dead have a morphic similarity. so it also conjures "the dead child".

I want to see how Kindred can bring back George and Gwen ( unless they are clones of course).

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    I want to see how Kindred can bring back George and Gwen ( unless they are clones of course).
    I highly doubt this story will be about clones in any way.

What if Kindred brings back the actual George and Gwen and puts Peter in a situation where he has to relive their deaths in the exact same way they died before? What if Peter has no choice but to let them die again and that's what leads to whatever the solicitation for issue 55 is about?

Quote Originally Posted by xpyred View Post

What if Kindred brings back the actual George and Gwen and puts Peter in a situation where he has to relive their deaths in the exact same way they died before? What if Peter has no choice but to let them die again and that's what leads to whatever the solicitation for issue 55 is about?
    that would be cool
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

BANNED

I am going to predict a large Electro ( Dillon) story since Jamie Foxx is returning in the next Peter film.
    Well owing to pandemic and so on, it's unlikely that movie gets made and finished any time soon. It's going to have a long production and post-production owing to all the precautions they are taking and all the delays and so on that's definitely gonna happen.

An Electro story might happen of course somewhere down the line but it's not going to be anytime soon.

The villain I want to see is Shocker. He is a personal favorite, but like Vulture I have yet to see the great issue featuring him
    Do you mean in general or in Spencer's run? There are great stories with Vulture (Roger Stern's issues dealing with his origin). Spencer also gave Adrian some classic moments in his run.

As for Shocker, check out Mark Waid's "Unscheduled Stop", and Nick Spencer's "Superior Foes of Spider-Man".

If Electro is gonna have a big story eventually, it probably would be about his resurrection, dude has been dead since CC.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Nice catch. I've got to re-read SSM 200, If I remember correctly, Harry in that issue is tormenting Peter, just like Kindred wants to now. I wonder if we'll get any callbacks to android parents.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Considering how much emphasis he makes on Norman, the Lee/Romita era and DeMatteis run, who had barely anything to do with Venom, i really doubt it.
    And the obsession with how Peter apparently ruins things means absolutely nothing at all.

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    And the obsession with how Peter apparently ruins things means absolutely nothing at all.
    How can you say that without Harry first revealing what Peter's big "sin" is that he "buried so deep he barely remembers"?

Spencer has said multiple times it's not who Kindred is that is so important, it's what he wants. So I would expect that there is going to be a big revelation coming that is going to shock readers and Peter.

Wich is something that Harry also did in the 90s, hell in the Osborn Legacy issue (Spec 189) he pretty much blames Peter for all his misery. He blamed Peter too for Norman's death in spite of everything, Venom doesn't exactly had a monopoly on that front when it comes to playing the blame game.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Astonishing Member

Well owing to pandemic and so on, it's unlikely that movie gets made and finished any time soon. It's going to have a long production and post-production owing to all the precautions they are taking and all the delays and so on that's definitely gonna happen.

An Electro story might happen of course somewhere down the line but it's not going to be anytime soon.

Do you mean in general or in Spencer's run? There are great stories with Vulture (Roger Stern's issues dealing with his origin). Spencer also gave Adrian some classic moments in his run.

As for Shocker, check out Mark Waid's "Unscheduled Stop", and Nick Spencer's "Superior Foes of Spider-Man".
    Thank you for the Shocker info ( those I did not read). I read the Vulture story before but forgot about it.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by xpyred View Post

I was never much of a fan of Harry. Why? He seldom accepted responsibility for his actions. It is always Peter’s fault or Norman’s fault. No one put a gun to his head and say you must take drugs.MJ came ft a broken home and did not become a junkie. As far as Peter is concerned, he bears no responsibility for George, and a sliver for Gwen ( and that was because he was decent to Norman). Where is Peter at fault? 1: OMD. 2; Uncle Ben. 3: Being mean to Deb Whitman. Contrast that to all the good he has done? That is a pretty impressive record if you ask me.
    Last edited by NC_Yankee; 10-15-2020 at 09:22 AM.

Astonishing Member

I was never much of a fan of Harry. Why? He seldom accepted responsibility for his actions. It is always Peter’s fault or Norman’s fault. No one put a gun to his head and say you must take drugs.MJ came ft a broken home and did not become a junkie. As far as Peter is concerned, he bears no responsibility for George, and a sliver for Gwen ( and that was because he was decent to Norman). Where is Peter at fault? 1: OMD. 2; Uncle Ben. 3: Being mean to Deb Whitman. Contrast that to all the good he has done? That is a pretty impressive record if you ask me.
    That’s funny. Why are you assuming that a supervillain is going to be completely logical in their hatred and methods?

Even the Uncle Ben part is seriously stretching it. Why does he even care?!

Astonishing Member

That’s funny. Why are you assuming that a supervillain is going to be completely logical in their hatred and methods?

Even the Uncle Ben part is seriously stretching it. Why does he even care?!
    Peter let the Burglar go so he bears some responsibility. I agree with you about Harry he is not exactly logical. But he was a screw up long before Kindred. Norman is the same way. Peter neglected him and refused to basically be his son so he hates him. “Cry me a river” for those poor millionaires. As far as Spider-man villains are concerned I have more sympathy for Rhino or Gibbon. They were treated bad by society which led to their issues. Harry was a spoiled brat who had a “Silver spoon in his mouth.”