Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    Peter let the Burglar go so he bears some responsibility. I agree with you about Harry he is not exactly logical. But he was a screw up long before Kindred. Norman is the same way. Peter neglected him and refused to basically be is son so he hates him. “Cry me a river” for those poor millionaires. As far as Spider-man villains are concerned I have more sympathy for Rhino or Gibbon. They were treated bad by society which led to their issues. Harry was a spoiled brat who had a “Silver spoon in his mouth.”
    That a bit harsh toward Harry, while it doesn't justify his actions, Norman's abuse of him really mess him up, it was no surprise that he was such a clingy mess, sadly his deep denial of his father true characther ended very badly. Again not trying to justify him, he was in the wrong, but i can understand why he is the way he is.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    That a bit harsh toward Harry, while it doesn't justify his actions, Norman's abuse of him really mess him up, it was no surprise that he was such a clingy mess, sadly his deep denial of his father true characther ended very badly. Again not trying to justify him, he was in the wrong, but i can understand why he is the way he is.
    I do not think I was harsh. Lots of people come from abusive relationships and ( or) broken homes without being a douche. Former President Ronald Reagan’s father was an abusive drunk, it did not turn him into one ( and there are examples every day of people overcoming the odds and becoming successful). While I agree Norman is a Dick, here is my answer. “Did you like what was done to you”? If not do not do it to others

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    Now that I think about it, Kindred is really starting to sound like a Venom retread.

It’s like Spencer wanted to have Venom but couldn’t use the actual Venom for the story.
    I noticed the Venom similarity when he talked about not liking to kill people, yet he did it anyways, he even killed some people who worked for Fisk just to be a dick.

That, him not seeing himself as evil (Since he says he's not a monster) and hating Peter for personal reasons, are kinda as far as their similarities go, since Kindred is way more passive and has plans, Venom's was basically "I REMEMBERED THAT I HATE PARKER SO I'LL INVADE HIS HOUSE AND KILL HIM!", but yeah, still lots of similarities lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    It wasn't Gabriel? I thought it would've been him when he dug up George's body. Wonder how Nick Spencer's gonna explain this one.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsafanforever View Post
    I agree. I think it is Gabriel. George and Stacy's corpses at the dinner table, Kindred mentioning having his own "familial matters" and "being surrounded by those you love" ... when Norman simply identified Kindred as "his son", it leaves everyone to jump to Harry ... but I think that image is Gabriel, just with his hair cut like Norman/Harry.
    Guys come on, not only it'd be weird to change Gabriel's hair style just to make us think it's Harry, the editor's notes rather blatantly say it's Harry.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    By the way something to blow everyone's mind.

Remember the title of the Spectacular Spider-Man story arc that JMD wrote on Harry. It's called "The Child Within". The word "Kind" in Kindred is German for child.

And Harry is Norman's child, and Kindred can sound like Kind + Dread, i.e. "fear of the child".

And of course the word dread (or dred) and dead have a morphic similarity. so it also conjures "the dead child".

Harry Osborn is the dead kind who has become a figure of dread.
    Old comics have a very consistent habit of sounding prophetic lol.

I want to see how Kindred can bring back George and Gwen ( unless they are clones of course).
    He can resurrect people, I don't see why he'd bother with clones.

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex85 View Post
    How can you say that without Harry first revealing what Peter's big "sin" is that he "buried so deep he barely remembers"?

Spencer has said multiple times it's not who Kindred is that is so important, it's what he wants. So I would expect that there is going to be a big revelation coming that is going to shock readers and Peter.
    Wait, did he say the "It's what he wants" more outside of ASM#44?

I was never much of a fan of Harry. Why? He seldom accepted responsibility for his actions. It is always Peter’s fault or Norman’s fault. No one put a gun to his head and say you must take drugs.MJ came ft a broken home and did not become a junkie. As far as Peter is concerned, he bears no responsibility for George, and a sliver for Gwen ( and that was because he was decent to Norman). Where is Peter at fault? 1: OMD. 2; Uncle Ben. 3: Being mean to Deb Whitman. Contrast that to all the good he has done? That is a pretty impressive record if you ask me.
    Him being mean to Deb was sad, then funny, then annoying, then funny again. Happened so often you'd think it was a super power lol.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Well, tragic backstories are romanticized, Harry can suffer all he wants, at the end of the day, he's a piece of **** by his own choice, not Norman, certainly not Peter, it's all him.

I do not think I was harsh. Lots of people come from abusive relationships and ( or) broken homes without being a douche. Former President Ronald Reagan’s father was an abusive drunk, it did not turn him into one ( and there are examples every day of people overcoming the odds and becoming successful). While I agree Norman is a Dick, here is my answer. “Did you like what was done to you”? If not do not do it to others
    Fair enought.

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Spectacular Member Voices From the Eyrie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    Now that I think about it, Kindred is really starting to sound like a Venom retread.

It’s like Spencer wanted to have Venom but couldn’t use the actual Venom for the story.
    I dunno, I'm enjoying this way more than I've ever enjoyed any comic featuring Mr. Brains For Lunch.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    By the way something to blow everyone's mind.

Remember the title of the Spectacular Spider-Man story arc that JMD wrote on Harry. It's called "The Child Within". The word "Kind" in Kindred is German for child.

And Harry is Norman's child, and Kindred can sound like Kind + Dread, i.e. "fear of the child".

And of course the word dread (or dred) and dead have a morphic similarity. so it also conjures "the dead child".

Harry Osborn is the dead kind who has become a figure of dread.
    That's pretty sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by Dzika_Sowa View Post
    Nice catch. I've got to re-read SSM 200, If I remember correctly, Harry in that issue is tormenting Peter, just like Kindred wants to now. I wonder if we'll get any callbacks to android parents.
    We did in the 2099 arc, the first time they've been mentioned since it happened I believe!

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey_62 View Post
    That's pretty sweet.

We did in the 2099 arc, the first time they've been mentioned since it happened I believe!
    Yeah, i wondering if Peter would finally call out Harry for that one, it was always weird how it was never mentioned in BND. Then again, they probably were trying to stay away from controversial storylines, no one really likes the robot parents twist.

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

LOL! wait I'm confused so Kindred is NOrman's Son Gabriel? I thought Gabriel was dead? And if he isn't dead does that mean Sarah is still alive. It's been a minute since I've read Sin's Past, which is what I'm assuming that this is tying to.

Quote Originally Posted by the nomad View Post
    LOL! wait I'm confused so Kindred is NOrman's Son Gabriel? I thought Gabriel was dead? And if he isn't dead does that mean Sarah is still alive. It's been a minute since I've read Sin's Past, which is what I'm assuming that this is tying to.
    No it's Harry Osborn, not Gabriel.

I got so horny reading #850 and watching Kindred dig up corpses and then the reveal made me flatline. 2 years!!!

Remember when Hydra Cap was revealed in #10???!!!!!
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by the nomad View Post
    Gabriel is still around, he showed up post OMD at least once, it's not known if Sarah is still around, but she probably is since he is.

And no, it's not Gabriel, it's Harry, how many times is this misunderstanding going to happen? Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex85 View Post
    No it's Harry Osborn, not Gabriel.
    Oh, okay good, bc I was confused. I was like wait who is that at the end. not to mention the whole Georgy Stacy and Gwen Stacy corpse reveal too. I was like wait, what!

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Gabriel is still around, he showed up post OMD at least once, it's not known if Sarah is still around, but she probably is since he is.

And no, it's not Gabriel, it's Harry, how many times is this misunderstanding going to happen? Lol.
    It's comics so I imagine quite a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post

To be confuse with Gabriel of all people, that must be a blow to Kindred's pride lol.

Kindred: I am the son of Norman Osborn.
    People: You are the Grey Goblin?!
    Kindred:......
    Last edited by TheCape; 10-15-2020 at 01:47 PM.

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    I got so horny reading #850 and watching Kindred dig up corpses and then the reveal made me flatline. 2 years!!!

Remember when Hydra Cap was revealed in #10???!!!!!
    Readership of Captain America comics is smaller than ASM. So long running mysteries and twists need to be done quickly in these low profile titles, whereas with ASM you have more leeway.

And again the original green goblin mystery was 26 months. Kindred would have been 25 without pandemic delays, it’s 27 with delays.