Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Street Fighter is a terrible movie by any measure, but from every account I've seen Raul Julia had a blast hamming it up. Can't fault him for that. He's widely regarded as the only good thing in the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    While my understanding is that he did acquit himself as well as could be expected, I don't think very many people are going to remember that the late Leonard Nimoy's last role was voicing Sentinel Prime in Transformers: Dark of the Moon.
    Yeah, it's pretty forgettable. But I like that Nimoy joins a small handful of actors that were in both the modern films and the original cartoon (if you count the 86 movie as part of the OG cartoon).

But yeah, that wasn't even his best voice acting role. Alas.
    Last edited by Cyke; 10-14-2020 at 08:50 PM.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Heath Ledger The Dark Night.
    He's in The Cabinet of Doctor Parnassus after DK. Colin Farrell finishes the part Ledger starts. Can't think of another situation like that.

Mighty Member

Orson Welles Unicron

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    He's in The Cabinet of Doctor Parnassus after DK. Colin Farrell finishes the part Ledger starts. Can't think of another situation like that.
    ^^^Jude Law and Johnny Depp helped out, too. All 3 were friends of Ledger and donated their wages to his daughter.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Bruce Lee's final role was in Enter The Dragon. According to IMDb, his appearance in 1978's Game Of Death didn't count because it was based on archival footage.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Extraordinary Member

John Ritter in 8 Simple Rules For Dating My Teenaged Daughter

It wasn't his best role (that would be Three's Company IMO) but it was the funniest thing I'd seen him do in years. He had amazing comical chemistry with Kaley Cuoco - very much like he did with Suzanne Somers.

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    Spencer Tracy - ‘Guess Who’s Coming to Dinner’
    Not too shabby.

Brandon Lee - ‘The Crow’
    A sad but wonderful goodbye.

John Wayne - ‘The Shootist’
    Life imitates art imitates life.

Paul Newman - ‘Cars’
    Not many were upset that this was his last role.

Sean Connery - ‘ The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen’
    Personally, I loved him in this film. He got one last action part before retiring.

Ethel Merman - ‘Airplane!’
    She played a guy who thought he was Ethel Merman and got to sing “Everything’s Coming Up Roses”. Hell yeah!
    ----------------

Sean's done some voice roles since-reprising Bond one last time for the From Russia With Love video game (Although he doesn't even bother to hide his accent and doesn't sound that interested), some documentaries and the Scottish animated film "Sir Billi".
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Aaliyah and Queen of the Damned.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    Street Fighter is a terrible movie by any measure, but from every account I've seen Raul Julia had a blast hamming it up. Can't fault him for that. He's widely regarded as the only good thing in the movie.

Yeah, it's pretty forgettable. But I like that Nimoy joins a small handful of actors that were in both the modern films and the original cartoon (if you count the 86 movie as part of the OG cartoon).

But yeah, that wasn't even his best voice acting role. Alas.
    I feel like the Street Fighter movie is looked upon a lot more fondly these days.

Judi Dench's last two roles were Cats and Atlas Shrugged. (20% and 9% on RT) I am pretty sure she has more left in her, but the thought crossed my mind if those were her last two roles...