Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Brian M. View Post
    Magik’s rain analogy I think means something special. Scott is going big here.
    I believe that rain thing is a code or a password between captains to verify their identities or something.

I think Jean and Scott are infected and they did infect Magik psychicly. Vespora very well can be a psychic virus. So X-Men will deal with two things at once. I mean that pulling the sword scene was a classic horror story scene. And the smile and "We're gonna be ok" thing. It screams as "I'm infected."

Unless Scott thought of a way to use Vespora as a weapon on the tournament. This also is a possibility.

So the first 4 issues were very "meh" for me. But I liked this issue and the promises it brings. Hope they don't fizzle out.

Yes, when Cable removes the sword, the power goes out and then there is a cut directly to Krakoa, it feels like a horror movie.

Cyclops and Magik were using the rain code before they faced the Vespora, so I dont think they are infected
    "Dear World: the nation of mutantkind is watching you. Do not #$%& with us." -Cable-

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drakeon View Post
    Cyclops and Magik were using the rain code before they faced the Vespora, so I dont think they are infected
    I thought so too but if it is a psychic virus and can access a person's memories, that code won't help much. Well, we'll see. It can always be a double bluff

Mighty Member

That's really silly, cause then why wouldn't they just do it to everyone there? Nobody except Cable is a Psychic and Cable is notably a significantly weaker psychic than Jean.

Cyclops has a plan for if/when the contest goes bad, and it probably involves dropping a load of extra-dimensional weirdos on the Arrakoans.

This was GREAT.

The communication between Yana and Scott was sublime.
    Scott essentially asking Jean to quantify the threat level to determine the severity of their response and/or accompanying regret quotient: Tremendous.
    DADCLOPS MOWING DOWN THE SEEMINGLY ENDLESS INVADING HORDE TO DEFEND HIS FAMILY: [makes breathy quivering sound]

...[holding breath]

....[holding breath]

... [loud exhaustive exhale followed by collapsing into a heap on the floor].

WOOF. This **** was my jam.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    Cyclops has a plan for if/when the contest goes bad, and it probably involves dropping a load of extra-dimensional weirdos on the Arrakoans.
    Scott should have plans (plural). It's his main character trait and the role Hickman assigned him on Krakoa - he has total control in times of war.

There's no way he'd just stand around waiting for the results, so if he doesn't have plans, that's bad writing.

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    Scott should have plans (plural). It's his main character trait and the role Hickman assigned him on Krakoa - he has total control in times of war.

There's no way he'd just stand around waiting for the results, so if he doesn't have plans, that's bad writing.
    I bet you he has drawn up what if plans for several different bad outcomes... and rain is the code word for one.

I keep hoping he will “rain” energy blasts through the permanent gate into the demon land and be all like “This is my sword”
    In the real world i would be BOTH pro registration and Pro mutant rights. Xavier and Trask were both right.

Agreed. I can picture Cyclops ordering Magik to open a bunch of portals in the sky and then it rains Vescora down to wipe out Arrako/Amenth except for a few survivors like Solem.

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post

When his plans go past plan Z he can wrap round back to plan AA.

When his plans go past plan Z he can wrap round back to plan AA.
    Screen Shot 2020-10-15 at 9.44.05.jpg

Reminded me of this panel from Gillen's run.

Cyclops plan will either save the day or make everything go to ****, or maybe both. The only thing certain, is that he will take the blame.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Viteh View Post
    Screen Shot 2020-10-15 at 9.44.05.jpg

Reminded me of this panel from Gillen's run.
    I love that line.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    The scene with the possessed crew member could’ve been straight out of a horror movie. It was creepy as hell and I loved it. I’m curious to see how much of a problem the vescora will be moving forward.
    Foreal gave me Event Horizon vibes with the eyeless stare