Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Future State: Wonder Woman #1 Variant by Matt Taylor

Fantastic Member VonHammersmark's Avatar

Nubia looks like an off-brand Wonder Woman, why isn't she wearing the Wonder Woman logo?! it's a thumbs down from me

Quote Originally Posted by PopQuezy View Post
    There seems to be a stiff sadness in this Wonder Woman. I'm intrigued.
    Everyone she's cared about is likely dead in this story so it makes sense.

Love the hairdo. With me I've never found anything more attractive than a woman with long hair let down, its just my thing and has always been my thing, but recent ponytail looks have hit for me. Starting when the tried it in the last DCAMU.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I love the designs, but are these supposed to be Amazons we know?
    I wonder if #3 is Donna? And based on the colour scheme and hairstyle, could #6 be Naomi McDuffie? She's not an Amazon, but she is a pre-existing character and she's not been shown on anything Future State related - it's possible she joined the Amazons.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

The Amazons are looking good. I love how much recent artists have gone all out on the character designs.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I wonder if #3 is Donna? And based on the colour scheme and hairstyle, could #6 be Naomi McDuffie? She's not an Amazon, but she is a pre-existing character and she's not been shown on anything Future State related - it's possible she joined the Amazons.
    I was looking for Donna in the pic. She might be. Now that you've drawn the comparison she resembels Diana a lot. Hoping it's her but not holding my breath. I'd already be happy if these are all pre-existing characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post

Gorgeous variant.

Astonishing Member

Everyone she seems to know and love is dead, so that might be part of it.

I'm curious, do you partially prefer it because she's wearing pants ?

Not that I'm arguing against diversity, but it'd be nice to see Donna and Cassie used more too.

#3 looks like an older Donna and #4 is Nubia.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Alitha Martinez's Nubia for Future State:

This has me wondering if Nubia’s father is Ares.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Been lurking since '08 Marik Swift's Avatar

Character designs for The Last Amazons:

https://twitter.com/heyjenbartel/sta...47754752602113

I wonder if these were done to scale. Cause if so, those seem to be some pretty short Amazons.

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Avi View Post
    The Amazons are looking good. I love how much recent artists have gone all out on the character designs.

I was looking for Donna in the pic. She might be. Now that you've drawn the comparison she resembels Diana a lot. Hoping it's her but not holding my breath. I'd already be happy if these are all pre-existing characters.
    I think it's more than likely these are new characters. All the heroes that we know in the story are likely dead.

For an interest level that is still just absolute zero, the character designs are all generally good. It kinda pisses me off actually. Why can't they do this stuff with the real ones? Any of these designs would have been fire back in 2011 for instance. I guess its because Lee was given wholesale charge of the redesigns. But stuff like this just shows you how a collaborated effort is always best. They only seem to allow creative collaboration when things "don't matter". And how visual change for the real characters isn't automatically bad, they've just gotta be good designs. In the main line for far too longer its only been one or very select people put in charge of things be it visuals or overall direction individual books then have to adhere to to some form or another. If there's anything I hope to take from Future State, I hope its a realization of these things. But I doubt it.

This thought process is also why I'd bet the farm that the actual content of Future State is going to be better than it ever would have been had it been realized as the original 5G. That this doesn't really matter is probably going to make this a lot more creative than it would have been if it had been canon.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 10-31-2020 at 01:45 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Looks incredible!

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

It wouldnt be Wonder Woman if a writer decides to bring in completely new characters and ignore the old ones.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

I’m for it. Create another tribe of Amazons that set up shop in the Amazon jungle. Maybe make a mixture of Greek and Carib mythologies.

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    The one next to Diana kind of looks like LoWW Etta Candy to me