Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Future State was planned a year ago, right? I wonder if Maria was her original name, but they changed it to Yara when they did the deal to bring her to the Arrowverse?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Cassie had 24 years.

If anything, it’s weird it’s taken her this long to be replaced compared to her generation cohorts.
    Should we count the NuCassie years?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Should we count the NuCassie years?
    Yes, I’d say so.

Edit: Maybe Maria Flor is her civilian name like Diana Prince or Kara Danvers.

While Yara or Yara Flor is her real name like Kara Zor-El.
    Last edited by Will Evans; 11-23-2020 at 10:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Yes, I’d say so.
    Current continuity doesn't seem to .
    Edit: Maybe Maria Flor is her civilian name like Diana Prince or Kara Danvers.

While Yara or Yara Flor is her real name like Kara Zor-El.
    So like Linda Danvers?

Yara right now is shaping up to be the only character that seems remotely intriguing to me in this Future State thing.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Future State was planned a year ago, right? I wonder if Maria was her original name, but they changed it to Yara when they did the deal to bring her to the Arrowverse?
    Well the common assumption is that Future State is just recycled 5G stuff but Mark Russell mentioned that he didn't have any involvement in the original 5G and was approached by DC to do Future State: Superman vs. Imperious Lex like two months before everything was announced.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Well the common assumption is that Future State is just recycled 5G stuff but Mark Russell mentioned that he didn't have any involvement in the original 5G and was approached by DC to do Future State: Superman vs. Imperious Lex like two months before everything was announced.
    From what I understand A LOT of 5G has been funneled into Future State but not all of it.

Also, the chances of them changing Yara's name at this point are nill. Not with all the pressers released and Joelle herself calling her Yara.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

It’s a mix. Some stuff is recycled from 5G: A black Batman written by Ridley and Jon Kent as Superman patrolling a bottled Metropolis for example. But some stuff is new like the Future State Flash, the original rumor was Owen Mercer would be taking over as the Flash. Once Didio got fired their plans shifted.

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    From what I understand A LOT of 5G has been funneled into Future State but not all of it.

Also, the chances of them changing Yara's name at this point are nill. Not with all the pressers released and Joelle herself calling her Yara.
    What probably actually happened is that she was renamed from Maria to Yara prior to Future State's announcement. A few months ago, there were TPB solicits on Amazon for books related to Marvel's Empyre event, collecting comics which hadn't been published due to COVID-19. I think this listing is similarly outdated. And like I said earlier, perhaps she was renamed because she's getting a TV show.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

I assume the "Aunt Nancy" is going to be Anansi.

Wonder what "the war" McKinney is referencing will end up being.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    I assume the "Aunt Nancy" is going to be Anansi.

Wonder what "the war" McKinney is referencing will end up being.
    Sounds like the Amazons get militarized by Yara's time, too.

The monster fighting looks promising
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

The premise sounds like Challenge of the Gods by George Perez, which is probably his most famous WW work.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Incredible Member

By my count this is the third backstory we've gotten for this version of Nubia in promotional materials.

First one of the solicits refered to her as Themyscira's first champion, seemingly indicating they were using Nubia's post crisis backstory.

Then the writer reffered to her as Hippolyta's daughter on twitter.

Now we have her coming to Atlanta to escape a Themyscira that's become more threatening and has abandoned their mission following a war. And spent her formative years under the tutelage of her Aunt Nancy. And they seem to mention the Real One OGN like it's in continuity.

I honestly have no idea what to make of this contradictory information. I can only assume there's been a lot of changes in the development process.

It's also clear this isn't the same Nubia that's been in the Wilson and Orlando runs of WW recently. Particularly since the Writer in the meet the writers section said
    The chance to bring Nubia back to the main continuity. This is all I and other fans have been asking for, for years
    I want to appreciate the enthusaism, but not being aware of the recent runs doesn't inspire confidence.

And if this Nubia is Hippolyta's daughter, I hope they use magic or something so Phillipus is her second biological mother or she's made of clay instead of Hippolyta having another affair or something.