Page 1 of 23 1234511 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default Wonder Woman Future State books announced

DC announced Future State today which seems to be what 5G ended up being, some Wonder Woman related stuff announced:

Superman Family

Due to his involvement in an international crisis happening in the near future, Clark Kent has been rejected by Earth, causing him to focus his lifesaving efforts outside his adopted home. He travels to Warworld to rise through the ranks of gladiatorial combat in order to defeat Mongul with the help of some unlikely heroes. Back in Metropolis, Clark’s son Jon has taken on the mantle of Superman. After seeing the horrors that befell Gotham, he bottles Metropolis in order to keep it safe, putting him at odds with Supergirl.

Connecting the two oversized Future State: Superman titles, Shilo Norman, the man known as Mister Miracle, finds himself caught between the city he grew up in and the battle-torn planet that could be his downfall.

Meanwhile in the Amazon rainforest, Yara Flor is chosen to be the new Wonder Woman. Years later, the new Superman and Wonder Woman join forces to save their cities in a new superhero team-up the likes of which the world has never seen.

Oversized Comics:

• Future State: Superman of Metropolis #1-2
      • Superman of Metropolis, by Sean Lewis and John Timms
      • The Guardian, by Sean Lewis and Cully Hamner
      • Mister Miracle, by Brandon Easton and Valentine De Landro

• Future State: Superman: Worlds of War #1-4
      • Superman: Worlds of War, by Phillip Kennedy Johnson and Mikel Janin
      • Midnighter, by Becky Cloonan, Michael W. Conrad and Gleb Melnikov
      • Black Racer, by Jeremy Adams and Siya Oum
      • Mister Miracle, by Brandon Easton and Valentine De Landro

• Future State: Immortal Wonder Woman #1-2
      • Immortal Wonder Woman, by Becky Cloonan, Michael W. Conrad and Jen Bartel
      • Nubia, by L.L. McKinney, Alitha E. Martinez and Mark Morales

Monthly Miniseries and One-Shots

• Future State: House of El, by Phillip Kennedy Johnson and Scott Godlewski (one-shot on sale February)
    • Future State: Kara Zor-El, Superwoman, by Marguerite Bennett and Marguerite Sauvage
    • Future State: Legion of Super-Heroes, by Brian Michael Bendis and Riley Rossmo
    • Future State: Superman/Wonder Woman, by Dan Watters and Leila del Duca
    • Future State: Superman vs. Imperious Lex, by Mark Russell and Steve Pugh (3-issue series ending March 2021)
    • Future State: Wonder Woman, by Joëlle Jones
    Think it's kind of weird that she's lumped in with the Superman family but definitely some cool stuff in there.
    Last edited by Hypo; 10-15-2020 at 07:16 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Pretty art, but I'm not about all these alternate reality versions. Can we please get some good stories featuring actual Diana?

Also, WTF is that Batman symbol on her belt? Ugh.

Future Superman - Superman's established son
    Future Wonder Woman - some original character with no apparent connection to Diana
    Keep up the good work, DC.

Extraordinary Member

Missed it the first time but the new Wonder Woman will also be in the Justice League book:

A thread of great change runs through the Justice League heroes: a new League is built upon secret identities (even from each other), but an old and evolved enemy will use these secrets to try and overthrow the world. For the supernatural heroes of Justice League Dark, the very fabric of reality has shifted, and heroes are being hunted.

I can’t say I like that costume for the new Wonder Woman. A little too “busy” for my tastes.

So I assume “Immortal Wonder Woman” will be the follow-up to Diana debuting in WW2?

Let’s hope he ditches that Bat utility belt. Hate that more than the sword.

Is that Solaris I see on the Superman/WW cover? Definitely picking that up if it is, gotta support my boy!

Note Immortal Wonder Woman, aside from the Bat utility belt, is wearing Kryptonite as a necklace and has graying hair.
    Maybe it takes place in the far, far future where they're dead? That would actually be interesting...though I dislike that implication than even after they're gone, Diana's still anchored to Superman and Batman.

As for the rest...so the future Wonder Woman has no connection to Diana and is a Superman Family character. Hard pass.

I didn't expect future Wonder Woman to bring the swimsuit back. Or to be a completely original character.

Why does Diana need a utility belt?

And are there two lasso's of truth?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Missed it the first time but the new Wonder Woman will also be in the Justice League book:

Is the redhead Mera? Aquaman's daughter is on another cover and she's too young.

No idea who Flash is but I think the Supes is Conner.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post
    Note Immortal Wonder Woman, aside from the Bat utility belt, is wearing Kryptonite as a necklace and has graying hair.
    Maybe it takes place in the far, far future where they're dead? That would actually be interesting...though I dislike that implication than even after they're gone, Diana's still anchored to Superman and Batman.

As for the rest...so the future Wonder Woman has no connection to Diana and is a Superman Family character. Hard pass.
    Good call, thought it was a GL ring at first but probably is Krpytonite.

Yeah, title sounds like it could be an interesting premise

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Another epic fail on DCs part to elevate Wonder Woman and her family. Every character on that JL roster is tied to their legacy already (with the possible exception of the Flash character who is a mystery) except the Wonder. Donna, Cassie, Nubia, Artemis, hell even Grace Choi could have been brought back. Nope, let's create another random character. Ok, thanks DC.

Not sure how I feel about a wholly new character taking over as Wonder Woman. I can understand DC wanting to sidestep all the stupid early decisions around Cassie and (especially) Donna, but they are still making it harder for themselves.

Good to see Nubia getting a premium issue, though I'm unsure if the Immortal series will be one-shots or ongoings.

The writers are interesting, but mostly because it's primarily new names that I know little about (and that seems to be true throughout the announcement). Becky Cloonan seems to be well-regarded, and I like Jen Bartel's art—only question is how well it translates to storytelling. Joëlle Jones is the only one I've really read, but I think she is stronger as an artist than as a writer.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

I figured the story about an amazon tribe in the rainforest would lead to something... I'm curious about this Yara person, so I'll pick it up.

Odd that Diana has a utility belt and kryptonite. I wonder what that's supposed to symbolize?

Didn't expect Nubia to get a story. I can accept this.

For some reason I feel like they'll push for a romance between Yara and jon in their team up book.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I didn't expect future Wonder Woman to bring the swimsuit back. Or to be a completely original character.

Why does Diana need a utility belt?

And are there two lasso's of truth?

Is the redhead Mera? Aquaman's daughter is on another cover and she's too young.

No idea who Flash is but I think the Supes is Conner.
    This is Jon, note the shield extends past the shoulders like his kid Jon jacket. Kon still has the Kesel red pants look but with a cape, no jacket, fade look.

Is there a cover that actually features Nubia?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Think it's supposed to be their daugther, guessing the JL book is set further in the future than the Aquaman one. Mera wouldn't fit the book's description of the league's members not knowing each other's identifies since she's a public figure.

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    Good to see Nubia getting a premium issue, though I'm unsure if the Immortal series will be one-shots or ongoings.
    Based off how the Batman issues are solicited it looks like the oversize books are anthologies.

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    Is there a cover that actually features Nubia?
    Nope.