Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    So Bruce’s belt, Superman’s cape, and a GL ring.

Guess it’d be rather hard for an identifiable item from Manhunter, Flash, or Cyborg.
    Well, for Flash, it would also be a ring - the one that stores his costume.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    This is probably intentional, but in our folklore here in Brazil, Yara is the name of a mermaid that lives in the Amazon River.
    Sounds similar to the Wonder-Woman of China, who was based on Chinese folklore.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

At the very least Yara looks cool. I just wish she was an established character with a few years of history in the WW title before becoming a legacy. DC spent all this time on useless Jason when they could've spent it on her instead.

Also with a South American Wonder Woman it's a perfect opportunity to dig up Sebastian Ballesteros as her arch-enemy!

Just kidding.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Well, for Flash, it would also be a ring - the one that stores his costume.

Sounds similar to the Wonder-Woman of China, who was based on Chinese folklore.
    I think it's great we have a blonde, brunette and redhead along with a Chinese, Black and Latina Wonder Woman counterparts. The "Amazon Corps" concept from the fan art thread is becoming a very real thing!

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    I think it's great we have a blonde, brunette and redhead along with a Chinese, Black and Latina Wonder Woman counterparts. The "Amazon Corps" concept from the fan art thread is becoming a very real thing!
    Make it a book, DC.

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    Looking at the art, I have two concerns.

The first is that it seems the balance between the swimsuit and the armour will be tricky to get right. The last cover that Hypo posted gave me really strong chainmail armour vibes.

The second is the lack of distinctive elements between Yara and Diana. Granted, the differences in looks between Yara and Diana is greater than between Donna and Diana, but there is a reason why Donna looks so much like Diana, and their costumes are really different. Yara's costume, on the other hand, is something that Diana easily could wear, with the only real addition being the shoulder protection.

I also don't like that sword. If they wanted to give Yara a weapon besides the lasso, why go for a sword, and one with a rather crappy design at that. At least the bola lasso is a nice invention.

ETA: The solicitation text and the interview linked earlier (on page 2) also has a lot of emphasis on Diana being a goddess. I think the continued emphasis on that is one of the things that DC gets wrong about Wonder Woman, and it makes them forget her humanity and her humanistic core.
    Yeah, that’s become a pet peeve of mine when writers try to do one-to-two word summary of Diana. Also when they have her call Superman “Kal”.

Just comes off as they’re trying to make her more aloof or separated from humanity.

After reading all the solicits and seeing all the covers they released i think that Wonder Woman has by far the best new concept. Also, Immortal Wonder Woman is a great name.

I only wish we could see Donna at least a bit in some of this books.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

With the exceptions of Giganta and Hades, no Wonder Woman villains seem to be a part of this event. Where are Cheetah, Veronica Cale, Dr. Poison, Silver Swan, Dr. Cyber, Dr. Queen Clea, Dr. Psycho, and the other Wonder-rogues or their legacies in the future?
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

This new "Wonder Woman" looks nice, I guess. But I would rather see what Donna and Cassie are doing in the future. Superman has Jon and Kara doing there thing. Batman has the new Bats, Dick, Tim and Steph active, and Aquaman has his kid, and Aqualad as the new Aquaman (who still pales in comparison to Kaldur'ahm). Yet none of Diana's satellite characters can be used? Sad

At least Nubia is finally making a splash. Too bad they choose not to show how she looks. So obviously this Yara is more important to the overall story DC is trying to push.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    With the exceptions of Giganta and Hades, no Wonder Woman villains seem to be a part of this event. Where are Cheetah, Veronica Cale, Dr. Poison, Silver Swan, Dr. Cyber, Dr. Queen Clea, Dr. Psycho, and the other Wonder-rogues or their legacies in the future?
    I imagine if any show up they’d be in Immortal Wonder Woman, if any of them would still alive by the point the book is not presumably set at.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    I imagine if any show up they’d be in Immortal Wonder Woman, if any of them would still alive by the point the book is not presumably set at.

Even if most of the rogues are dead, at least some of them should have legacies, especially Cheetah, Gundra, and Dr. Poison.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Alphaxman View Post
    This new "Wonder Woman" looks nice, I guess. But I would rather see what Donna and Cassie are doing in the future. Superman has Jon and Kara doing there thing. Batman has the new Bats, Dick, Tim and Steph active, and Aquaman has his kid, and Aqualad as the new Aquaman (who still pales in comparison to Kaldur'ahm). Yet none of Diana's satellite characters can be used? Sad

At least Nubia is finally making a splash. Too bad they choose not to show how she looks. So obviously this Yara is more important to the overall story DC is trying to push.
    Odd we don't get a hint of Donna or Cassie. I assume they won't be in immortal wonder woman, because they'd be dead. They could feasibly show up in new Wonder woman to check Yara. Donna COULD also show up in titans but it seems like they want to focus on the Cartoon lineup. Idk.

Cassie shouldn't be dead. She's a demi-goddess, granddaughter of Zeus, so she should be immortal. Donna would depend which origin is true this week. Originally, she was just a human girl rescued from a fire and loaned power from the Amazons, so she'd have a normal human lifespan. Then there was the Troia retcon after Wonder Woman's post-Crisis reboot, and then New 52 gave her Diana's old clay origin, which would actually make her immortal too.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I've seen people online speculating that, if Yara proves popular, they could incorporate her in the main present-day continuity by making her the new Wonder Girl.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I've seen people online speculating that, if Yara proves popular, they could incorporate her in the main present-day continuity by making her the new Wonder Girl.
    No. Just no. We already have two that DC doesn't know what to do with.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    If anything, she should replace the old Wonder Woman.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut