Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    That supposed to be Artemis that Nubia's fighting?
    Nooooo that's Grail! And it looks like Nubia's giving her the business better than Diana.

It looks like Grail is robbing a museum? Wow, she's fallen so far down that she has to resort to acting like a common criminal.

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    Nooooo that's Grail! And it looks like Nubia's giving her the business better than Diana.
    Guess that axe is a bit small for someone with Artemis' tastes.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It looks like Grail is robbing a museum? Wow, she's fallen so far down that she has to resort to acting like a common criminal.
    To be fair, robbing a museum isn't exactly "common"

I want Maxwell Lord to be Dr. Psycho's creation as this image suggests.

DR PSYCHO AND MAXWELL LORD.jpg

I like the idea of him attacking on multiple fronts like Cale's Godwatch and the symmetry with the Golden Age Duke of Deception and the later Captain Wonder/Silver Swan story. The new Silver Swan is his doing, if Lord was one of his manipulations too (and by extension Liar Liar) Dr. Psycho would truly take his place in the upper echelon of Wonder Woman villains.

Quote Originally Posted by vasir12 View Post
    To be fair, robbing a museum isn't exactly "common"
    Seems like it's only a little more high brow than robbing a bank, but I guess it depends on what she's stealing.

I like the idea of him attacking on multiple fronts like Cale's Godwatch and the symmetry with the Golden Age Duke of Deception and the later Captain Wonder/Silver Swan story. The new Silver Swan is his doing, if Lord was one of his manipulations too (and by extension Liar Liar) Dr. Psycho would truly take his place in the upper echelon of Wonder Woman villains.
    Wouldn't that be a twist .

Psycho being there sure does highlight how redundant Max is.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, it's a little sad to see her fallen like that. But at least writers remembers that she exists. She has so much potential to be a huge opponent of Wonder Woman, and not just because of her powers.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Psycho being there sure does highlight how redundant Max is.
    I see Diana and Max having a much deeper and more complicated history than Diana and Psycho. So Max is not redundant at all. Liar Liar on the other hand...

I like the fact that Diana has more than 1 telepath villain to fight against. It shows how powerful truth really is.

Liar liar can be an enemy of the wonder girls. Along with devastation

Quote Originally Posted by PopQuezy View Post
    I see Diana and Max having a much deeper and more complicated history than Diana and Psycho. So Max is not redundant at all. Liar Liar on the other hand...
    Deeper and more complicated in what way? He's appeared twice in the WW comics before this as opposed to Psycho's decades of appearances.

I think the only real advantage Max has over Psycho is he doesn’t play into possible “Depraved Dwarf” stereotypes but even Earth One shows that that can be done away with.

Other than that, the roles Max arguably brings to the table are already filled by Psycho and the rest by Cale. And unlike Max, they have stories I like and weren’t involved in a storyline/event that completely derailed the WW book for years.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    Deeper and more complicated in what way? He's appeared twice in the WW comics before this as opposed to Psycho's decades of appearances.
    And yet, Lord will be in a major Wonder Woman film before Psycho. Lord was included in this splash page with Psycho. Lord was included in the 750 special splash page by Jim Lee with Psycho. Lord was also in the Earth 2 Book with Psycho, and Lord will be the main antagonist of Book 3. Lord also has a more iconic moment - regardless of how people feel about it - with Diana than Psycho. The Lord doesn't have sufficient claim to be a Wonder Woman villain argument becomes less credible every day.

Because of Diana and Lord's past history - be it canon or not - there is something deep and interesting to explore the limits of Diana's compassion and forgiveness. I'm not reading Tamaki's run anymore, but when I was, I did at least think she wrote that dynamic well. The idea that even "good" people can be pushed to their limits, yet still choose to be good anyway is a narrative I've always loved. As an aside, those were some of my favorite stories of Jesus, as well. I'm also on record as saying I'd rather they get rid of Lord's mind-control power. I think an evil, mortal man is the best arch-nemesis (I also see Cheetah, Ares, and Circe as arch-nemesis worthy, so this discussion is not derailed), for Wonder Woman as her mission is to save Man's world from itself.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

And yet, Lord will be in a major Wonder Woman film before Psycho. Lord was included in this splash page with Psycho. Lord was included in the 750 special splash page by Jim Lee with Psycho. Lord was also in the Earth 2 Book with Psycho, and Lord will be the main antagonist of Book 3. Lord also has a more iconic moment - regardless of how people feel about it - with Diana than Psycho. The Lord doesn't have sufficient claim to be a Wonder Woman villain argument becomes less credible every day.

Because of Diana and Lord's past history - be it canon or not - there is something deep and interesting to explore the limits of Diana's compassion and forgiveness. I'm not reading Tamaki's run anymore, but when I was, I did at least think she wrote that dynamic well. The idea that even "good" people can be pushed to their limits, yet still choose to be good anyway is a narrative I've always loved. As an aside, those were some of my favorite stories of Jesus, as well. I'm also on record as saying I'd rather they get rid of Lord's mind-control power. I think an evil, mortal man is the best arch-nemesis (I also see Cheetah, Ares, and Circe as arch-nemesis worthy, so this discussion is not derailed), for Wonder Woman as her mission is to save Man's world from itself.
    Lord's role in the movie is basically in-name-only and not really reflective of the story from the comics.

He probably has a legit claim now that the movie is coming out, but it's been a rather stupid and forced process to get us there. For a Man's World nemesis that embodies the issues Diana faces, the Earth One Psycho and Veronica Cale (as a woman who thrives in the patriarchy and views Wonder Woman as a threat who can topple it) fill that role much better.
    Last edited by SiegePerilous02; 12-07-2020 at 06:34 PM.

Iconic moment doesn’t necessarily entail it being good or beneficial. Barbara Gordon getting crippled by the Joker or Hal Jordan going crazy in the 90s also fall under iconic and there’s still fans who rail against those creative decisions and didn’t exactly leave their characters and respective fanbases in the best spots.