Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
    Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    I wonder why they felt the need to give Diana strip of grey hair. Well obviously to show she's "aged" but still doesnt make sense since Hippolyta didnt get grey hair as she got older, or is a Zeus thing?
    Earth 2 Wonder Woman had a strip of grey hair to show she was older than Earth 1 Diana.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    This has me wondering if Nubia’s father is Ares.
    What makes you think that?

I’ve always thought immortal meant ageless? She should look the same but have a different look

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    What makes you think that?

Well, Pre-Crisis, Nubia was created by Mars(aka Ares). The current Nubia is dubbed as another daughter of Hippolyta. If Diana is the daughter of Hippolyta and Zeus, then Nubia most likely has a father too. Making it Ares would be a tip of the hat to the original Nubia.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Well, Pre-Crisis, Nubia was created by Mars(aka Ares). The current Nubia is dubbed as another daughter of Hippolyta. If Diana is the daughter of Hippolyta and Zeus, then Nubia most likely has a father too. Making it Ares would be a tip of the hat to the original Nubia.
    Mars didn't create Nubia. He abducted her. Hippolyta was the one who created her.

If Zeus is still Diana's father, I doubt they'd have another god be Nubia's. They've probably kept the clay birth for Nubia. Either way, I'm so glad the character is being used in a big way.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    If Zeus is still Diana's father, I doubt they'd have another god be Nubia's. They've probably kept the clay birth for Nubia. Either way, I'm so glad the character is being used in a big way.
    Is she even going to be Hippolyta's daughter at all? Assuming she's the same Nubia currently in the comics(from Wilson's and Orlando's runs), there doesn't seem to be any familial relation to Hippolyta or Diana currently.

Quote Originally Posted by Artemisfanboy View Post
    Is she even going to be Hippolyta's daughter at all? Assuming she's the same Nubia currently in the comics(from Wilson's and Orlando's runs), there doesn't seem to be any familial relation to Hippolyta or Diana currently.
    The writer called her “Daughter of Hippolyta” so I believe so

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

My bad. Fuzzy memory here.....
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Yeah, Nubia was made from clay by Hippolyta in pre crisis. Then kidnapped by Ares. At no point was he ever the father of Diana or Nubia.
    Though during the mod era Ares was the father of HIPPOLYTA so im thinking thats where the confusions coming from.

Heres the panel for it https://twitter.com/ElleOnWords/stat...74837812813824

Im hyped for this. Especially with the writer for this Nubia story specifically describing her as Hippolytas daughter and Dianas sister https://twitter.com/ElleOnWords/stat...91529943822336

Quote Originally Posted by MarquisAsh View Post
    The writer called her “Daughter of Hippolyta” so I believe so
    She’s writing two different Nubia’s though, the Nubia of FS, and an OGN Nubia. And I don’t know how they could keep Zeus in if they want to make Nubia biologically related to Diana. I don’t care if they retcon Zeus out although it would surprise me since that’s anti-movie synergy. Frankly I hope they ditch the “secret twin” aspect, that’s dumb. It was dumb both times they did it with Nubia and Jason, and it adds nothing to Nubia’s character.

Wait the Nubia that will be in Future State was described as the “first champion” wasn’t she? Wouldn’t that make her older than Diana?
    Last edited by Vordan; 11-01-2020 at 07:48 PM.

I mean, in the tweet above you she calls the Future State version the sister of Diana.... Not sure how that'll work or how she's the "first champion." That's a head scratcher.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    She’s writing two different Nubia’s though, the Nubia of FS, and an OGN Nubia. And I don’t know how they could keep Zeus in if they want to make Nubia biologically related to Diana. I don’t care if they retcon Zeus out although it would surprise me since that’s anti-movie synergy. Frankly I hope they ditch the “secret twin” aspect, that’s dumb. It was dumb both times they did it with Nubia and Jason, and it adds nothing to Nubia’s character.

Wait the Nubia that will be in Future State was described as the “first champion” wasn’t she? Wouldn’t that make her older than Diana?
    I still think Zeus being the father could work. Especially if he can shape shift or have kids with blue skin.

Quote Originally Posted by MarquisAsh View Post
    I still think Zeus being the father could work. Especially if he can shape shift or have kids with blue skin.
    It could still work, I just don’t get how Nubia could be Diana’s twin. Unless Zeus had sex with Hippolyta in a form like Vivec.

Quote Originally Posted by vasir12 View Post
    I mean, in the tweet above you she calls the Future State version the sister of Diana.... Not sure how that'll work or how she's the "first champion." That's a head scratcher.
    I give up man lol. I’m not going to try to keep continuity straight, I’ll just hope the story is good. Never been a fan of the “secret twin” twist though (wasn’t even fond of the Luke/Leia twin twist when I first saw SW was as a kid!) and I guess they’re going to retcon out Jason? No tears will be shed over that, goodbye Poochie, unless they’re going to make Diana a triplet.
    Last edited by Vordan; 11-02-2020 at 03:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    It could still work, I just don’t get how Nubia could be Diana’s twin. Unless Zeus had sex with Hippolyta in a form like Vivec.

I give up man lol. I’m not going to try to keep continuity straight, I’ll just hope the story is good. Never been a fan of the “secret twin” twist though (wasn’t even fond of the Luke/Leia twin twist when I first saw SW was as a kid!) and I guess they’re going to retcon out Jason? No tears will be shed over that, goodbye Poochie, unless they’re going to make Diana a triplet.
    Who's Vivec?