Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 LastLast
    Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Yes. Its the look she had last in Red Hood.

It's interesting that people are claiming Clea's outfit is sexualized when the metal bra covers her cleavage completely (or almost completely in some cases).

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Take away the trident and there isn't anything remotely intimidating about her. If I wanted to be charitable, I'd say the reason she's wearing a metal bra is as a distraction because otherwise, she isn't very threatening at all.
    We get it, you aren't a fan.

A lot of us are, for many reasons. Whether it's the fact that Venturia mirrors Themyscira, Clea's leadership of Villainy Inc., Clea's strength levels (she may not be AS strong as Diana, but she's definitely up there; plus, in the Golden Age they explicitly say she's a giant woman and similar in size to the non-size-changing Giganta), Clea's legion of female warriors, etc.

And from what I've seen, a lot of people love Clea's Aztec-inspired Atlantean garb.

This is getting a little off-topic anyway. This Clea-talk should move to a different thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    So I guess if I had referenced Ariana Grande's "Nasty" it's wouldn't have made a difference, pop's not your genre.

I don't understand it. With the amount of extreme sexual content and nudity available on the internet for free, why a metal bra someone drew provocatively can cause such outrage. Heck Bugs Bunny wore one too. I'm joking, but you can alter Queen Clea's attire and still keep her overall aesthetic. That purported image from Future State clearly doesn't do that.
    Listen to loads of pop...

And Iike and know Arianna...

But i dont pay attention to most artists song names... i don't sing along or know the lyrics...

Im absorbing it all in my peripherals but Im not exactly gonna pick up what I'd consider an obscure reference...

Pop cultures of the 80s and 90s was absorbed from a few radio stations, and the 5 tv channels we had...

Absorbing pop culture was way easier when there was less content...

Now people have YouTube stars, streaming services stars, really no radio but endless spotify content... insta, Facebook, etc etc all biding for our attention...

Used to be we watched friends and everyone knew about cheers, Seinfeld, mash, frasier, etc etc

There were limited shows...

Now there are like 30 streaming services many with original content... its way harder to all be aware of all the same content..

Also according to Google that song was released in October... basically one month ago... besides major Arianna fan my guess is no one would get the reference...

And is janet jackson even active in music? I really never even considered her all that big a star... really only even on peoples radar cause of the super bowl tit slip stunt

Nasty isnt a hit of either artist. Just a random song on their albums...
    Last edited by Menacer; 12-08-2020 at 11:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    It's interesting that people are claiming Clea's outfit is sexualized when the metal bra covers her cleavage completely (or almost completely in some cases).

We get it, you aren't a fan.

A lot of us are, for many reasons. Whether it's the fact that Venturia mirrors Themyscira, Clea's leadership of Villainy Inc., Clea's strength levels (she may not be AS strong as Diana, but she's definitely up there; plus, in the Golden Age they explicitly say she's a giant woman and similar in size to the non-size-changing Giganta), Clea's legion of female warriors, etc.

And from what I've seen, a lot of people love Clea's Aztec-inspired Atlantean garb.

This is getting a little off-topic anyway. This Clea-talk should move to a different thread.
    Okie dokie but I sure don't know where you're getting Aztec from, their headdresses aren't like Queen Clea's.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    Yes. Its the look she had last in Red Hood.
    Huh What are you taking about? Artemis's hair had grown back it's normal length and style by issue 44 of Red Hood, so if we're talking about the group shot cover her having her brief sidecut from her multiversal trip should be an error. Hopefully when she shows up in the book she'll have her correct ponytail style.

And the woman fighting Nubia is Grail, not Artemis, by the way.

Incredible Member

When I grew up you could be young, beautiful and jiggly yet still be taken seriously on a team of private investigators. Lynda Carter herself helped make Wonder Woman an icon even with her massive, heaving, bosom. You could be dripping in diamonds and wearing an evening dress while smoking a cigarette in a holder yet still be seen as an aggressive oil magnate that people were wary of. Or even be a petite old lady that ruled the California wine country with an iron hand that people feared due to her utter ruthlessness. Heroism nor villainy come in a certain package or with a dress code.
    I love Charlie's Angels and Wonder Woman 1977. But those shows were referred to as "Jiggle TV." I'm not certain they were taken seriously, at all. I assume you're referring to Dallas in your next line, but I can't think of what character you're alluding. However, the women on that show were not written well. And as for Falcon Crest, Angela - I believe her name was - was not tryint to conquer the earth and defeat a demi-goddess. She was ruthless in business and dressed the part.

Okie dokie but I sure don't know where you're getting Aztec from, their headdresses aren't like Queen Clea's.
    Her feathery serpent headdress hearkens back to Quetzalcoatl. It's a vague similarity, sure, but pretty easy to see.

Am I the only one who notices that with DC's restructuring and rebranding, and, specifically, its editorial staff changes, Wonder Woman is now playing a central role in the comic line--and a way that she never has before (which was perplexing given the success of her film)?

I'm not complaining, mind you. I was just wondering if anyone else noticed.
    Author of the Instant New York Times bestselling novel, The Prophets, from G.P. Putnman's Sons.

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfBaldwin View Post
    Am I the only one who notices that with DC's restructuring and rebranding, and, specifically, its editorial staff changes, Wonder Woman is now playing a central role in the comic line--and a way that she never has before (which was perplexing given the success of her film)?

Could be. Wonder Woman as a movie franchise at the moment is more important to WBs than it has been as a comic to DC and it seems with the restructuring ATT wants the brands to be closer together so that may be a result.

Incredible Member

While it definitely looks optimistic for them giving Diana and her universe more focus, right now we don't have a lot of solid details and if we're just looking at things, there has been a reduction in focus. Young Justice has been cancelled and we got no news of a relaunch, so Cassie isn't being featured anywhere. Red Hood has become a solo, so Artemis won't be featured there and we don't know if they're are plans to make her a bigger part of Diana's supporting cast again. Donna will be in Titans Academy, but that book is looking to be very crowded meaning she might not be getting much focus. While there seem to be plans to make Yara and Nubia bigger parts of her franchise, we don't have any details related to them in the main line present yet. And it seems like Wonder Woman may be getting returned to monthly status, meaning a reduction in the amount of material starring Diana her self per month.

Quote Originally Posted by PopQuezy View Post
    I love Charlie's Angels and Wonder Woman 1977. But those shows were referred to as "Jiggle TV." I'm not certain they were taken seriously, at all. I assume you're referring to Dallas in your next line, but I can't think of what character you're alluding. However, the women on that show were not written well. And as for Falcon Crest, Angela - I believe her name was - was not tryint to conquer the earth and defeat a demi-goddess. She was ruthless in business and dressed the part.
    If you're a kid watching them you don't have most of society's prejudices and preconceived notions. You take it at face value that Jill or Kris Monroe can physically defeat or outsmart a bad guy, even if they're wearing a bikini.

The next line was referring to Alexis Morell Carrington Colby Dexter Rowan, tv's first fifty-something seductress and as well written a villain as ever came out of the 80's. She was taken seriously while wearing whatever she wanted.

alexis.jpg
    Last edited by Koriand'r; 12-08-2020 at 04:33 PM.

Yes, I indeed noticed, which is why I said we may be entering a new Golden Age for Wonder Woman. Her world as never gotten this much attention.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Nubia has some fantastic hair .

Extraordinary Member

From Immortal Wonder Woman: