Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I didn't expect future Wonder Woman to bring the swimsuit back. Or to be a completely original character.

Why does Diana need a utility belt?

And are there two lasso's of truth?

Is the redhead Mera? Aquaman's daughter is on another cover and she's too young.

No idea who Flash is but I think the Supes is Conner.
    There’s multiple futures in play here apparently. Not all books take place in the same one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post
    Note Immortal Wonder Woman, aside from the Bat utility belt, is wearing Kryptonite as a necklace and has graying hair.
    Maybe it takes place in the far, far future where they're dead? That would actually be interesting...though I dislike that implication than even after they're gone, Diana's still anchored to Superman and Batman.

As for the rest...so the future Wonder Woman has no connection to Diana and is a Superman Family character. Hard pass.
    Maybe she killed them and is keeping that stuff as trophies lmao (please no DC, don’t do that)

Kind of a shame that Tamaki will be the last Diana Wonder Woman writer before she's replaced. Least we get one last story with Diana in the immortal book. Wonder how long this change will last?
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

Quote Originally Posted by masterwitcher88 View Post
    Kind of a shame that Tamaki will be the last Diana Wonder Woman writer before she's replaced. Least we get one last story with Diana in the immortal book. Wonder how long this change will last?
    It's temporary. Diana will be back in two months.

Extraordinary Member

FUTURE STATE: IMMORTAL WONDER WOMAN #1
    "Immortal Wonder Woman" written by MICHAEL W. CONRAD and BECKY CLOONAN
    "Immortal Wonder Woman" art by JEN BARTEL
    "Nubia" written by L.L. McKINNEY
    "Nubia" art by ALITHA MARTINEZ and MARK MORALES
    cover by JEN BARTEL
    card stock variant cover by PEACH MOMOKO
    ON SALE 1/19/21
    $5.99 US | 48 PAGES | 1 OF 2 | FC | DC
    CARD STOCK VARIANT COVER $6.99 US

The Undoing are coming. Long past the Age of Heroes, few of Diana Prince's friends survive, and most of her sisters have passed as well. As an immortal goddess, this is her lot. But then, a threat appears that even the mighty Darkseid can't handle—and it's up to Wonder Woman to take on the battle! It's big action and high fantasy at the end of time, courtesy of Eisner Award-winning cartoonist Becky Cloonan (By Chance or Providence, Gotham Academy), and her Doom Patrol co-writer Michael W. Conrad, with the popular artist Jen Bartel (Blackbird) making her interior art debut for DC.

Then, peer into a closer future as the original champion of Themyscira strikes out on her own. Things have not been stable on Paradise Island for some time, and Nubia has found a new home in Man's World. Now, she is tasked with protecting it from the dangers of the world of myths and magic. The writer of DC's Nubia: Real One, L.L. McKinney, takes this powerful Amazon to a whole new level.

FUTURE STATE: WONDER WOMAN #1
    written by JOËLLE JONES
    art and cover by JOËLLE JONES
    card stock variant cover by JENNY FRISON
    card stock blank variant cover
    ON SALE 1/5/21
    $3.99 US | 32 PAGES | 1 OF 2 | FC | DC
    CARD STOCK VARIANT COVERS $4.99 US

Deep in the heart of the Amazon rainforest lies a hero of mythic legend...Wonder Woman! But in the absence of Diana, Yara Flor has risen out of obscurity to protect Man's World from the magic that lies within it. Along with her trusty steed, she journeys to the Underworld to rescue one of her Themysciran sisters from the grasp of Hades. Will she unleash the wrath of this god in the process? You won't want to miss this first appearance of a character who will change the history of Wonder Woman forever!

FUTURE STATE: SUPERMAN/WONDER WOMAN #1
    written by DAN WATTERS
    art by LEILA DEL DUCA
    cover by LEE WEEKS
    card stock variant cover by JEREMY ROBERTS
    ON SALE 1/12/21
    $3.99 US | 32 PAGES | 1 OF 2 | FC | DC
    CARD STOCK COVER $4.99 US

The sun has set on the heroes of the past, and a new age is dawning! As two arrogant gods challenge one another to a contest of strength, Superman and Wonder Woman are forced to take action to save their cities from the chaos. Together, Jonathan Kent and Yara Flor, man of science and woman of myth, have the potential to become something powerful, but that's only if they can learn to get along! Can the two fledgling heroes put their differences aside long enough to save the world they have sworn to protect?

FUTURE STATE: JUSTICE LEAGUE #1
    "Justice League" written by JOSHUA WILLIAMSON
    "Justice League" art by ROBSON ROCHA and DANIEL HENRIQUES
    "Justice League Dark" written by RAM V
    "Justice League Dark" art by MARCIO TAKARA
    cover by DAN MORA
    card stock variant cover by KAEL NGU
    ON SALE 1/12/21
    $5.99 US | 48 PAGES | 1 of 2 | FC | DC
    CARD STOCK VARIANT COVER $6.99 US

Witness the start of a new era for the Justice League starring Jonathan Kent as Superman, Yara Flor as Wonder Woman, Jo Mullein as Green Lantern, Andy Curry as Aquawoman, a new Flash from the Multiverse, and [REDACTED] as Batman! Together, they protect the future, yet apart, their identities are secret even from one another—but why? When their greatest adversaries wind up murdered in an abandoned Hall of Justice, all clues point to...the Justice League! The new team's adventures begin here!
    And in a new tale of the Justice League Dark, a witch hunt across the DC Universe begins as magic users are harvested and executed—and the team is on the run! Zatanna and Detective Chimp (now possessed by Etrigan) must round up new and old teammates, including John Constantine, Ragman, and Madame Xanadu. Their mission? To battle the power-mad Crow King, Merlin, before his plans for magical domination destroy the fabric of reality. But where is Dr. Fate? And what led the team to disband in the first place? Discover the truth here!

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

A Brand New Wonder Woman

DC fans can expect multiple incarnations of Wonder Woman to take part in Future State, though their respective stories won't all necessarily unfold at the same point in the DC timeline. One of them is a brand new addition to the DCU - a Brazilian heroine named Yara Flor.

"We will eventually discover that there are connections to the other tribes of the Amazons that we have established," said Rich. "Yara does have some connection to the Amazons, and part of what we'll discover in her origin is what activates her position, what makes her Wonder Woman at this time. She's from Brazil, but was an immigrant to America. There's also that element of her story. Even though we'll see her currently active as Wonder Woman, eventually we'll learn what her origin is - partially her figuring out what that means, where she's from, why this is her, how she relates to Diana, how she relates to the other Amazons."

"Joelle was looking at Yara as - she is new to this," continued Rich. "Her humanity is still very much intact and very much important. From a reader standpoint, what does that mean for me when I look at this character? Diana Prince is a goddess, so she's always a bit above us. This is a chance to sort of get back to some of the early roots of Wonder Woman where Diana was trying to be human and trying to learn how to be human. Now we're going the opposite way - how does a human learn how to be a goddess?"

But even as Future State establishes Yara Flor and her relationships with her fellow young heroes, Future State will also spotlight the Amazonian warrior Nubia and even Diana Prince herself. Rich teased that we'll see the original Wonder Woman fighting at the very end of time, quite possibly the last surviving member of Earth's golden age of heroes.

Full article: https://www.ign.com/articles/dc-futu...an-batman-2021

So Yara has secret Amazonian heritage or is descended from Diana? I can't see how she can become a goddess without some divinity in her heritage and the Amazons are apparently her "sisters."

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So Yara has secret Amazonian heritage or is descended from Diana? I can't see how she can become a goddess without some divinity in her heritage and the Amazons are apparently her "sisters."
    There's a secret tribe of Amazons from the rainforest. They discovered it in the last run. She's most likely from there

Extraordinary Member

Incredible Member

Not bad. Wouldn't had wanted this as the permanent status quo change 5G was rumored to be, but it looks like interesting possible future what if's. So the Diana book is set even further in the future than the rest of the books? I get why people are disappointed to not see Donna or Cassie in the role however.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    Pretty art, but I'm not about all these alternate reality versions. Can we please get some good stories featuring actual Diana?

Also, WTF is that Batman symbol on her belt? Ugh.
    I was thinking the same thing. I guess the cape is Superman's cape though.

I do really love this artstyle though.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

I would like to say the utility belt, cape, and necklace are honoring lost friends, but Kryptonite isn't really a positive Superman relic. Wouldn't be surprised if they're battle trophies. Ugh.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Extraordinary Member

If you zoom in on the full size design Bartel posted her necklace is definitely a ring so it could in fact be a GL ring with the cape being Superman's.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EkY-4miW...jpg&name=large

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I would like to say the utility belt, cape, and necklace are honoring lost friends, but Kryptonite isn't really a positive Superman relic. Wouldn't be surprised if they're battle trophies. Ugh.
    Looks a GL ring to me

Ohhhhh. Well in that case they probably are well-intentioned keepsakes then. If its not dark in that vein (they're likely all dead judging from the solicit at the very least but as long as she didn't do it), maybe I'll give it a look.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    So Bruce’s belt, Superman’s cape, and a GL ring.

Guess it’d be rather hard for an identifiable item from Manhunter, Flash, or Cyborg.