Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 131920212223

I love the idea of a nightclub for mythical beings.

Interesting them bringing in Anansi (with Aunt Nancy).

Who is aunt Nancy exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by MarquisAsh View Post
    Who is aunt Nancy exactly?
    Anansi presumably, an African trickster god.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Anansi presumably, an African trickster god.
    Ah ok! I wonder how she’s related to Nubia! Especially if she’s Diana’s sister again

Quote Originally Posted by MarquisAsh View Post
    Ah ok! I wonder how she’s related to Nubia! Especially if she’s Diana’s sister again
    “Aunt Nancy” is usually just another name Anansi is referred to by when his stories got brought over to the Americas via slaves, not saying there won’t be but I don’t imagine there will be familial relation.

Thought the conclusion to Immortal Wonder Woman was decent, though like few other FS titles I read felt rather truncated/uneven because it's only two issues.

Incredible Member

Thought the conclusion to Immortal Wonder Woman was decent, though like few other FS titles I read felt rather truncated/uneven because it's only two issues.
    I was waiting on someone to create a spoiler thread, but I, too, thought it only rose to decent. I liked the first issue much more. I'm not certain how much I can say in a non-spoiler thread, so I'll only say that the issues ask too many questions that it can't possibly answer in a two-issue arc. Also, considering the events of the 1st issue, Diana is forced to spend too much time in her own mind which makes the narrative feel circular and truncated.

That being said, I would love an Immortal Wonder Woman book or graphic novel as I think there are a lot of elements: Darkseid, the Undoing, keeping mementos of her fallen comrades, the Amazons at the end of days, etc. that could make for an execellent story if given the opportunity to be one.

Quote Originally Posted by PopQuezy View Post
    I was waiting on someone to create a spoiler thread, but I, too, thought it only rose to decent. I liked the first issue much more. I'm not certain how much I can say in a non-spoiler thread, so I'll only say that the issues ask too many questions that it can't possibly answer in a two-issue arc. Also, considering the events of the 1st issue, Diana is forced to spend too much time in her own mind which makes the narrative feel circular and truncated.

That being said, I would love an Immortal Wonder Woman book or graphic novel as I think there are a lot of elements: Darkseid, the Undoing, keeping mementos of her fallen comrades, the Amazons at the end of days, etc. that could make for an execellent story if given the opportunity to be one.
    Yeah, I can see makings of a good "final Wonder Woman" story here but it's like trying to cram something like DKR or All-Star Superman into two standard sized issues.

Though I will say I'm now looking forward more Cloonan/Conrad on the main book next month.

Yeah, I can see makings of a good "final Wonder Woman" story here but it's like trying to cram something like DKR or All-Star Superman into two standard sized issues.

Though I will say I'm now looking forward more Cloonan/Conrad on the main book next month.
    Yeah it was too short or perhaps even too long depending on how you look at it. They could have had one extra long issue of Diana just floating through the void with a few flashbacks to explain how she got there. Overall I enjoy it though.

And I am also excited for Cloonan/Conrad's ongoing now. It's been a while since I've been excited for a Wonder Woman ongoing.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    Yeah it was too short or perhaps even too long depending on how you look at it. They could have had one extra long issue of Diana just floating through the void with a few flashbacks to explain how she got there. Overall I enjoy it though.

And I am also excited for Cloonan/Conrad's ongoing now. It's been a while since I've been excited for a Wonder Woman ongoing.
    Even though I think you can count on one hand the number of times they've interacted

spoilers:
    I did like her interaction with The Spectre
    end of spoilers

Even though I think you can count on one hand the number of times they've interacted

spoilers:
    I did like her interaction with The Spectre
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I think her interaction will the Spectre will have more weight when Infinite Frontier comes out since they are supposed to go on a journey together. I'm curious to see if it changes the conversation they had in Immortal Wonder Woman at all.
    end of spoilers