Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Oh thanks for finding this, much appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Art by Joelle Jones:

Oh I actually really like how that looks, if this maintains more of a fantasy vibe could be really good.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Extraordinary Member

Variant Covers:

Extraordinary Member

Variant Covers:

Two things I want to say, first I love that image of her over the hydra it’s pretty great. Second, someone needs to clarify if Jon has a cape or not, at lot of the images show no cape but I’m seeing Cape images and I guess I’d like some costume consistency.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

LOVE THIS!!! Lost amazon tribe? Yara Flor? Nubia? Last woman standing? Youthful gray streaked Wonder Woman with a giant half ponytail? Diana Prince? Joelle Jones? Hell Yes!

The new costume is amazing! it's so Wonder Woman like but different enough to be special. It reminds me of Fury.

Those first two variant covers are awesome. I'm really excited to see these stories unfold. I would have liked to have seen this new Wonder Woman in the main title before 5G was scrapped.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

The grey/white streak in Diana’s hair looks pretty neat.

Then again I’m also the guy who liked Hal Jordan’s grey temples.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

I'm loving Yara already!

Makes me wonder so if she is the new Wonder Woman. What does Diana do after giving up or does she died? This should be intersting

Sorry if it sounds petty, but seeing the Bat insignia on Wonder Woman's belt... I don't like it. It's almost as if the writer has decided that her world, the Wonderverse, is not good enough to stand on it's own, and I don't like that. She's carrying the back brand, as if her own brand isn't good enough, and that leaves a bad taste.

It's disrespectful to wonder woman ..and to wonder woman's fans.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Art by Joelle Jones:

I will say this about her...she looks gorgeous and her book is going to look gorgeous.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Dyer View Post
    Sorry if it sounds petty, but seeing the Bat insignia on Wonder Woman's belt... I don't like it. It's almost as if the writer has decided that her world, the Wonderverse, is not good enough to stand on it's own, and I don't like that. She's carrying the back brand, as if her own brand isn't good enough, and that leaves a bad taste.

It's disrespectful to wonder woman ..and to wonder woman's fans.
    This is the reason why I stopped reading WW: Dead Earth initially, because of the random Batman drop at the end of issue #2. I really do just want to read stories where Wonder Woman goes on adventures.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Looking at the art, I have two concerns.

The first is that it seems the balance between the swimsuit and the armour will be tricky to get right. The last cover that Hypo posted gave me really strong chainmail armour vibes.

The second is the lack of distinctive elements between Yara and Diana. Granted, the differences in looks between Yara and Diana is greater than between Donna and Diana, but there is a reason why Donna looks so much like Diana, and their costumes are really different. Yara's costume, on the other hand, is something that Diana easily could wear, with the only real addition being the shoulder protection.

I also don't like that sword. If they wanted to give Yara a weapon besides the lasso, why go for a sword, and one with a rather crappy design at that. At least the bola lasso is a nice invention.

ETA: The solicitation text and the interview linked earlier (on page 2) also has a lot of emphasis on Diana being a goddess. I think the continued emphasis on that is one of the things that DC gets wrong about Wonder Woman, and it makes them forget her humanity and her humanistic core.
    Last edited by kjn; 10-15-2020 at 10:58 PM.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    I don't know how to feel. They could have brought back Fury to be the next Wonder Woman. They could have gotten Cassie or Donna. But new characters. It's a bad thing for Diana to go through so many new characters to never see them again
    Future iterations of Donna & Cassie as Wonder Woman - Been there, done that. Why go back there again?

This time we get Nubia & Yara Flor (whom I find very intriguing), so I’m excited to check this out.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

I have to admit that I'm intrigued by these future Wonder Woman books. Hopefully they don't let me down.Glad to see that Nubia is part of the mix. Hopefully some Wonder-rogues will be too.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.