Default Pitch your weird or romantic Valentine's day DC story

Mine is a story where Dick Grayson goes to a salon to wax his chest but the place gets attacked by Condiment King.

Turns out he is pansexual and has a food fetish. He likes to cover people in sauces because it makes them sexier (he is also into food play). Dick Grayson has to fight the Condiment King and his henchmen while only wearing a towel.

At the end of the story Condiment King asks for Dick's number and Dick can't quite bring himself to say no, so instead he gives him the number of Matches Malone.
    Last edited by Alpha; 02-14-2021 at 10:53 AM.

got it. John Stewart and Vixen go on a date, it's terrible, then go their separate ways and vow to never cross paths romantically ever again; and they never do.

it's called "black women aren't consolation prizes or plot devices"
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

I kind of want Abby Arcane and Swamp Thing just to go on a stereotypical romantic date, but everyone else around them is freaking out because a swamp monster and...I guess a black demon with white hair (whatever it is Abby looks like when she turns into the Avatar of death) out on a romantic night on the town.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Extraordinary Member

Here is my comedy idea, albeit pretty much in full defiance of everything that’s been done with the characters in a long time.

Red Robin; Valentine’s Violence.

-Tim gets the cowl back for a long weekend in February that’s supposed to end *before* Valentine’s day... but things go haywire, so the climax (ha!) takes place on the holiday.
    -He and BatSteph head to Hong Kong for a mission with Black Bat Cass to track down a lead on the Daughters of Acheron...
    -Only to then get caught up in more than they bargained for when it turns out Promise is trying to exact some revenge on the Golden Dragons, who have summoned Lynx (the one who may be an undercover cop) to HK.
    - Soooo... Tim ends up stuck trying to navigate through a confrontation between his ex in Steph, his touchy-feely frenemy in Lynx, the straightforward opponent and sometimes ally he still saw naked that one time in Promise, and her bad-touch sister who wants him to bear her a child... while Cass plays the role of Tim’s “proactive protection.”
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

I'm impressed. We got all kinds of stuff here. Very good.

A Batman story in which he tries to make sure everyone else's Valentine goes off without a hitch.

Certain villains try to deal with being lonely on Valentine's Day.

The weirdest Valentine's Day story in the DC universe that I can think of is if no catastrophes at all happened on Valentine's Day and superhero couples for once got to celebrate it like normal couples would. That would be quite weird.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I kind of want Abby Arcane and Swamp Thing just to go on a stereotypical romantic date, but everyone else around them is freaking out because a swamp monster and...I guess a black demon with white hair (whatever it is Abby looks like when she turns into the Avatar of death) out on a romantic night on the town.
    YES! That would be so awesome! I'd love that!

Alternatively a short story where they just hang out in the bayou and Alec covers the entire area in flowers for her.

BTW, yes that is basically how she looks in her Avatar form.

Quote Originally Posted by hareluyafan1 View Post
    YES! That would be so awesome! I'd love that!

Alternatively a short story where they just hang out in the bayou and Alec covers the entire area in flowers for her.

BTW, yes that is basically how she looks in her Avatar form.

Thanks it was just kind of hard to accurately describe what that image of her is.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Thanks it was just kind of hard to accurately describe what that image of her is.
    You're welcome. Yeah, I see what you mean.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

I would LOVE to read a story with Max Mercury lamenting his lost love Laura, and diving into their time together.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Mine is a story where Dick Grayson goes to a salon to wax his chest but the place gets attacked by Condiment King.

Turns out he is pansexual and has a food fetish. He likes to cover people in sauces because it makes them sexier (he is also into food play). Dick Grayson has to fight the Condiment King and his henchmen while only wearing a towel.

At the end of the story Condiment King asks for Dick's number and Dick can't quite bring himself to say no, so instead he gives him the number of Matches Malone.
    By the way, THIS. IS. GOLD.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    I would LOVE to read a story with Max Mercury lamenting his lost love Laura, and diving into their time together.
    Man, Max mercury was so cool in the 90s. I haven't been reading Flash very much but seems like they rarely ever use him anymore. Your proposal would be lovely

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    By the way, THIS. IS. GOLD.
    If I had any talent I would actually draw it.

Incredible Member

Besides Swamp Thing and Abby, I'd also like to see a story where Pilot asks Dolphin out. I thought his crush on her was cute (plus she's a beautiful young woman, she should have admirers) and it would be interesting to see what a romantic night out would be like in Atlantis.