Page 1 of 74 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: DC Future State

Mighty Member

Default DC Future State

Hello,
    questions:

https://www.cbr.com/superman-dc-future-state/
    https://www.cbr.com/dc-future-state-...universe-2021/

1.) Are this limited series like DCeased or is this the new "Main-Universe"?

2.) what happens to:
    -Conner
    -Cassie
    -Bart, Iris West II?

Jon takes over the mantle as new Superman (AGAIN), a new female takes over the Wonder Woman mantle and down right is a black female with blonde hairs who wears the Flash logo.

I have hope for Conner, since there is a guy over Superman, who also wears a Superman Costume and he has many features of Conner
    (red pants with blue top outfit, red S on black Shield), but he wears a cape....

I can’t answer the second but the first can be answered as they literally stare in the announcements that this is only for January and February, then we go back to main continuity to pick up from this years stories and any new stories. Basically January and February are filler months.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

I feel like every title is JL-based. There are 20 Supermen, Batmen and Wonder Woman and even Suicide Squad is composed of new JL versions :/
    More racial diversity but it kind of feels less diverse in terms of content.

where they filmed that one movie and half of that other one

From DC's official news post on the matter:

DC is starting 2021 off with a bang, giving fans a glimpse into futures both near and far, full of current and new characters as the publisher announced plans today for DC Future State, a two-month, line-wide event beginning in January. Through February 2021, the full title lineup will feature a combination of monthly and twice-monthly oversize anthologies, as well as a monthly schedule of miniseries and one-shots.

DC Future State spotlights the World’s Greatest Super Heroes in fresh new roles, with all-new characters taking up their iconic mantles. DC Future State features an incredible array of creative talent, combining award-winning writers and artists with new voices from the worlds of TV, movies and animation. In March 2021, the regular DC title lineup resumes, continuing existing story lines from 2020 and introducing new arcs for the year.
    So tldr version is that Future State is not going to become the new main continuity. It is very much seeming like a filler event in the vein of Convergence.
    Last edited by Hilden B. Lade; 10-15-2020 at 07:27 AM.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Masterff View Post
    Hello,
    questions:

https://www.cbr.com/superman-dc-future-state/
    https://www.cbr.com/dc-future-state-...universe-2021/

1.) Are this limited series like DCeased or is this the new "Main-Universe"?
    Geez.

DC Future State, a two-month, line-wide event beginning in January 2021. February will feature a combination of monthly and twice-monthly oversize anthologies, as well as a monthly schedule of miniseries and one-shots starring current and future DC heroes.
    Also, that's like the worst Kara outfit I've ever seen.
    "Cable was right!"

All-New Member

Yeah it is an event that in essence is very much like "Convergence". From what I have read it will last all of January and February, everything indicates that it is one of the consequences of "Death Metal". It is not 5G but it gives me the impression that DC did not completely discard the idea and only gave it a polish or added or removed elements and voila. It is still too early to know whether or not it will impact the "main universe" whatever that means in the future.

How is this any different than Futures End?
    Last Read: Zatanna and the Ripper vol. 1

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Batman, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Beware the Planet of the Apes, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Green Arrow, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Superman '78: The Metal Curtain, Thundercats, Titans

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    It already looks way better.

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    Not being a year long 52 issue event is a good start.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Hold on: That's Red X, What's he doing making a debut in this.

Also ... I read the Solicits: Okay DC:
    5 DC books for the 2 Months

Dark Detective
    Nightwing
    House of El
    Superman
    Flash.
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Not being a year long 52 issue event is a good start.
    It's less Futures End more Convergence
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Looke 90 View Post
    Yeah it is an event that in essence is very much like "Convergence". From what I have read it will last all of January and February, everything indicates that it is one of the consequences of "Death Metal". It is not 5G but it gives me the impression that DC did not completely discard the idea and only gave it a polish or added or removed elements and voila. It is still too early to know whether or not it will impact the "main universe" whatever that means in the future.
    This looks so bad. Just more of Didios dark dystopian crap. We dodged a bullet with this one. Probably would have been.the final nail in the coffin for DC.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

I'll check out Andy's aqua adventures, 100%. I would prefer it if her mom or dad was adventuring with her and not just her dad's friend, but hey.

Kinda into Superman being John Carter and Jon taking extreme steps back on Earth. Finally something interesting with the concept of Superman's son struggling to live up to the ideal.

Overall a solid skip month while the creative teams are solidified on the upcoming relaunch of the line. Hopefully some fun stories will spring forth.
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 10-15-2020 at 09:06 AM.

so is this the rumor 5g
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    so is this the rumor 5g
    More like the salvaged remnants of it. The original 5G was meant to be long term, now it’s just a quick two month filler event.