Page 17 of 74 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920212767 ... LastLast

Thread: DC Future State

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    I suspect this could be a confusion.

I don't think there is news or leaks that Snyder is co-writing a Duke book in 2021.

The book that Snyder is co-writing where Duke has a main role is Tales From the Dark Multiverse: Dark Nights: Metal #1 (2020).
    Sorry for the late reply, but I'm not talking about that. Snyder mentioned on a podcast a new Duke book is in the works alongside Duke's apperance in death metal. Here is the post about it in the batman forum from August: https://community.cbr.com/showthread...=1#post5107164

There is also a link the podcast where he talks about Duke on the folloing page of that thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Looke 90 View Post
    Yeah it is an event that in essence is very much like "Convergence".
    I must be one of the only people who likes events

BANNED

Wonder Woman going all out with Superman, Batman, and Green Lantern gear.

Am I missing anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Sorry for the late reply, but I'm not talking about that. Snyder mentioned on a podcast a new Duke book is in the works alongside Duke's apperance in death metal. Here is the post about it in the batman forum from August: https://community.cbr.com/showthread...=1#post5107164

There is also a link the podcast where he talks about Duke on the folloing page of that thread.
    the post you linked to is talking about his Interview on Absolute Comics and the project he was talking about was most likely Tales from the Dark Multiverse: Dark Nights Metal; seeing as the interview was right before they announced the book. unless you are talking about a different podcast where Snyder says he's working in a Duke mini.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post

Am I missing anyone?
    Guess there really isn't any easily identifiable item to represent Flash, Cyborg, Manhunter

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    the post you linked to is talking about his Interview on Absolute Comics and the project he was talking about was most likely Tales from the Dark Multiverse: Dark Nights Metal; seeing as the interview was right before they announced the book. unless you are talking about a different podcast where Snyder says he's working in a Duke mini.
    Oh, that's a good point. I could have misunderstood that interview then. At least we know Tynion said there are plans for him in the bat books.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Would not have figured Grifter and Midnighter to turn up.

Even more odd that the Grifter in this near future looks like it will still be Cole.
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Sorry where were they shown?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Grifter is getting a story in one of the Batman books and Midnighter is getting a story in one of the Superman books.
    Yep. Seems like the Grifter appearance could be something of a follow up to some of what was being set up for the "Bat" titles.

FUTURE STATE: DARK DETECTIVE #1

Also in this issue, Grifter is back! Cole Cash is having a bad day, and that’s not going to improve when the detectives of the GCPD show up! Will a chance meeting with Luke Fox change his luck? Or is his day about to get a lot worse?
    FUTURE STATE: SUPERMAN: WORLDS OF WAR #1

At the same time, Midnighter, the greatest fighter from Earth, is punching his way through a whole mess of trouble. He’s on the hunt for a new energy source deadlier than Kryptonite. His goal: to shut it down before it gets unleashed on an unsuspecting universe.

BANNED

I see they say it's a GL ring, which means either ww kills all 3 and takes the awards (kinda squishy for a woman using her friend's spine as a weapon) or they die for whatever reason, whatever the reason Anyway, it seems that the writers of Wonder woman are obsessed with killing all heroes. Apart from the killer instinct of ww writers, it seems that superman has become the krillin of dc, if he dies at this rate, a comic in which superman does not die, it would no longer be a superman comic.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Oh, that's a good point. I could have misunderstood that interview then. At least we know Tynion said there are plans for him in the bat books.
    yeah, easy misunderstanding. when the interview dropped we were all convinced it was gonna be a new limited series too. luckily Duke looks like he's getting somewhat of a push with major appearances, so hopefully it's all building toward something for him.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Quote Originally Posted by NaVi View Post
    I see they say it's a GL ring, which means either ww kills all 3 and takes the awards (kinda squishy for a woman using her friend's spine as a weapon) or they die for whatever reason, whatever the reason Anyway, it seems that the writers of Wonder woman are obsessed with killing all heroes. Apart from the killer instinct of ww writers, it seems that superman has become the krillin of dc, if he dies at this rate, a comic in which superman does not die, it would no longer be a superman comic.
    Paranoid much?

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Guess there really isn't any easily identifiable item to represent Flash, Cyborg, Manhunter
    She might have Barry's Flash Ring.

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    How is this any different than Futures End?
    It includes Red X.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    She might have Barry's Flash Ring.
    It'd be funny if she had Flash's lightning bolt headthingies on her tiara .... or ankles...

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post

Am I missing anyone?
    Hal Jordan. But seriously, we'll have to see how it shakes out, but Superman goes missing, Batman is presumed dead and John appears to be on another world when his ring stops working. If WW is adorning herself with elements of her former comrades, I'd wonder how she gets John's ring. Hal hasn't been mentioned, so it could be his. Most other Lanterns are mentioned in Future State as being scattered across the universe.

I also have to wonder if that flash of green is simply meant to be a glint to get your attention or if there's actually a bit of juice left in there, which could be interesting. Maybe there's only enough power in there for three wishes - I mean uses.
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 10-17-2020 at 10:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NaVi View Post
    There's leaps in logic and there's leaps in logic that go over tall buildings.
    Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    It'd be funny if she had Flash's lightning bolt headthingies on her tiara .... or ankles...
    Those actually wouldn't look bad on her boots.