Page 66 of 74 FirstFirst ... 1656626364656667686970 ... LastLast

Thread: DC Future State

The art in dark detective is fantastic!!! I really like the paper DC has been using. It really makes the art pop and unlike the glossy crap you don't get finger prints on every section that's black...

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    I liked her too. Really looking forward to see her getting trained by Kaldur.

Too bad she is a baby in current continuity. I would mind a Young Justice type of comic with this characters, and Damian instead of Jace since he is already a adult in the present.
    she seems to have her mother's quick temper and some awesome powers too, even the ability to fly using water as propulsion.
    However as a baby she is adorable

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    just read Future State: Justice League and HA! I nailed the Legion of Doom roster! but also HA, they all got taken out immediately LOL. pretty solid story, it seems like only Batman and Green Lantern are actually following the rules about fraternizing which actually makes sense for those two mantles in a way. also, Batman always being in shadow? hilarious. it was just funny to me how consistently he was cloaked in shadow or silently creeping in the background.
    For what it's worth, Jon is set up as wanting people to reform connections and seems like he'd be anyone's friend (like his dad) and I think Yara's fraternizing is to sow the seed of her being the one who leaves the Justice League with both of them being set up as Future State's World's Finest.

Andy and Jess, however, are either totally flirting or I've become awful at reading body language. That could just be "best friends" but I'm thinking that's not where they're going.

I'm not sure how much of Future State everyone has been reading but, a question: how do you rank the Future State stories so far? not the whole issues, I'm talking about the stories individually.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

I'm still not impressed so far.

The back-up stories proved to be more enjoyable so far than the main stories which enough to tell me all I need to know about some of the new books we will have starting March. It might be too early to judge, but I can't say I'm interested in Tec and GL.

That being said, FS JL did a better job selling me the new generation (despite the twist) than any other book did so far. So, I think I will pick the next issue.
    “Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain but it takes character and self-control to be understanding and forgiving.”
    – Dale Carnegie

Do people like the idea of Damian as Red X? Personally I don't think he is, but I can't deny that it sounds good on paper.

The idea that Damian's next mantle would not be a role defined by Bruce or Talia, but Dick instead, is cool.

Spectacular Member

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/more...sh-superwoman/

Well surprise for the second printings of Flash (I thought it was not well receive by the public). But it positive to see this initiative sold well. After it would be interesting to know the number of titles print by DC.

Quote Originally Posted by km_sus View Post
    Do people like the idea of Damian as Red X? Personally I don't think he is, but I can't deny that it sounds good on paper.

The idea that Damian's next mantle would not be a role defined by Bruce or Talia, but Dick instead, is cool.
    There's already a thread about Red X

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dioman-san View Post

Well surprise for the second printings of Flash (I thought it was not well receive by the public). But it positive to see this initiative sold well. After it would be interesting to know the number of titles print by DC.
    That's surprising since all those were terrible. Maybe they printed so little cuz they thought NO ONE would buy them but a few people actually did.

I think FS so far has been pretty meh. There were a few good ones that I wasn't expecting though.

From last week.

Wonder Woman was great. Fun and imaginative.

Swamp Thing was done well.

Flash Harley and Superman of Metropils were all really bad.

From this week.

Justice League was pretty good. But Williamson is an aweosme writer. (Cant wait for his Infinite Frontier stuff) and JLD was pretty good as well.

Robin Eternal was decent with awesome art.

The Guy Gardner story in GL was fun and entertaining. But its Guy so of course. Lol.

Superwoman, the rest of GL, Teen Titans, Dark Detective Superman/WW were all mediocre to terrible.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    There's already a thread about Red X
    Whoops. I didn't see it, sorry that's my B

I'm not sure how much of Future State everyone has been reading but, a question: how do you rank the Future State stories so far? not the whole issues, I'm talking about the stories individually.
    Week 1- Wonder Woman
    Batman
    Superman
    Swamp thing
    Week 2- Justice League
    Superman/WW

Wonder Woman - A fun introduction to Yara Flor and enjoyable art.
    Swamp Thing - Is up there with WW for me. The atmosphere is great and the monster vs human angle has enough of a twist to feel fresh.
    Justice League Dark - Good magical apocalyptic setting and nice surprises.
    Justice League - Solid. The twist was neat. I hope Williamson gets to explore the relationships between the leaguers in #2.
    Teen Titans - Intriguing but also confusing and too rough around the edges. I don't expect many answers to the myriad of questions proposed in #1.

That's all I've picked up so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Dioman-san View Post

Well, my faith in these second printings has suddenly been shaken.

Extraordinary Member

The Next Batman will be getting a digital continuation.

n the current flash-forward DC event 'Future State,' Tim Fox has taken over the mantle of the Dark Knight with a moniker as the 'Next Batman.' His path to becoming Batman will now be told in an in-continuity digital-first series titled The Next Batman: Second Son.

Debuting February 23, the 12-chapter The Next Batman: Second Son will be written by the returning John Ridley, and joined by a new art team of Tony Akins, Travel Foreman, and Mark Morales.