Page 12 of 74 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262 ... LastLast

Thread: DC Future State

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I think Tanya is a great character but she definitely needs a different code name. Is Ultra Girl taken?
    By a Marvel character yeah, I'm not if she'll have the same type of issue Shazam has though.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    Shows you just how committed they are to diversity. The fact that we don't get to see Jackson in action is a cop out and over on the Batside. Luke get's a bit of spotlight while the two character's of colour from the young gen [Duke and Damian] aren't anywhere to be seen

Wallace isn't anywhere. This isn't how you set up/establish successful diversity characters.

Ignoring the ones that have managed to gain a foot hold in favour of new creations.
    I generally dislike the term “pandering” because it’s often misused to dismiss any attempts to improve representation, however that’s clearly what this is. DC thinks they can look woke without actually investing in the minority characters that they already established. I would be a lil more annoyed, but this is temporary anyways.

Shows you just how committed they are to diversity. The fact that we don't get to see Jackson in action is a cop out and over on the Batside. Luke get's a bit of spotlight while the two character's of colour from the young gen [Duke and Damian] aren't anywhere to be seen

Wallace isn't anywhere. This isn't how you set up/establish successful diversity characters.

Ignoring the ones that have managed to gain a foot hold in favour of new creations.
    That’s just how DC is... they always ignore or forget about the prior diverse characters they introduced in the last initiative, every single time. That’s why they don’t have a POC at the level of Black Panther, Storm or Miles Morales. Look at New Age of Heroes... where’s Sideways and Silencer now? Lol

Out of all the characters I see there, probably only Jo and Yara will stick around. They have the most potential, and both are probably Jessica Cruz competition sadly (female GL, Battle of the Latinas).

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

When's January's solicits?
    "Cable was right!"

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Samm View Post
    That’s just how DC is... they always ignore or forget about the prior diverse characters they introduced in the last initiative, every single time. That’s why they don’t have a POC at the level of Black Panther, Storm or Miles Morales. Look at New Age of Heroes... where’s Sideways and Silencer now? Lol

Out of all the characters I see there, probably only Jo and Yara will stick around. They have the most potential, and both are probably Jessica Cruz competition sadly (female GL, Battle of the Latinas).
    That's a really good point. I've never noticed that before but when you pull back and think about it happens everytime, hell you use Jessica as a possible loss but it's funny she basically replaced Simon as the new Green Lantern to the point you wonder if he's just been forgotten.

I agree about Yara I can see her and at least Red X sticking around or coming back as it were.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    When's January's solicits?
    This Friday, I think?

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    You know, Duke would make an interesting Batman since he's a metahuman. Also I didn't even think about the Harley thing tbh, maybe slow aging is one of her powers now.
    you know what, what if they do the same thing they do with Aquaman and have a changing of the guard between their solo and the league book. if you look at his Justice League suit, Next Batman's colors are an inverse of Duke's color scheme; you never know.

you don't really know that, I know for Batman for example they are gonna be covering a wide breadth of Batfamily characters from Outsiders to Arkham Knights to Cassandra Cain, to even Punchline as Harley Quinn; it's more than likely Damian and Duke are going to pop up. You also have them including people like Vixen, Power Girl, Bunker, popping up and you have Jackson Hyde getting promoted to Aquaman. so we should probably not start making large proclamations about things that we objectively don't know if or how they'll be included until the stories drop or get closer to dropping.
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 10-15-2020 at 09:39 PM.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    you know what I, what if they do the same thing they do with Aquaman and have a changing of the guard between their solo and the league book. if you look at his Justice League suit, Next Batman's colors are an inverse of Duke's color scheme; you never know.

you don't really know that, I know for Batman for example they are gonna be covering a wide breadth of Batfamily characters from Outsiders to Arkham Knights to Cassandra Cain, to even Punchline as Harley Quinn; it's more than likely Damian and Duke are going to pop up. You also have them including people like Vixen, Power Girl, Bunker, popping up and you have Jackson Hyde getting promoted to Aquaman. so we should probably not start making large proclamations about things that we objectively don't know if or how they'll be included until the stories drop or get closer to dropping.
    Duke would make a lot more sense given the ages of the other Leaguers unless they're going with the seasoned vet angle with Luke.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Has that been officially confirmed? I know some people assume that because of how young Harley looks or elements of the costume, but I'm still not sure.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Has that been officially confirmed? I know some people assume that because of how young Harley looks or elements of the costume, but I'm still not sure.
    It hasn't. It's probably a mantle carrying character.

I feel like most of the timeline shenanigans can be explained by whatever happens in Death Metal.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I thought it was confirmed, but i just read the solicit for Harley's story and it doesn't seem like a different character taking the name; so I (and others) may be jumping the gun on that one.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Ultimate Member

Sorry I have to side with Fergus on this. Because we have seen this mess way too many times from DC.

We will KEEP calling DC out because we KEEP seeing this mess over and over.

If you are trying to sell a 2 month filler-I should see Damian, Wallace and Duke because unlike Bunker, Vixen and Power Girl they were ALL in books recently. Yes those 3 are seen but how many times have we seen CRAPPY cameos with no dialogue. Or a crappy cameo PERIOD.
    We saw it with Steel in Doomsday Clock. Heck we saw it with Jakeem Thunder in Teen Titans. Hotspot in Sideways.

In fact where is Cyborg at? Mister Terrific?

Also why is it when we have FILLER-suddenly DC realize they have POC?
    In Convergence suddenly folks remembered Natasha Irons had a BROTHER. Who was not seen for almost 20 years.

We can find diverse writers for filler yet can't for most DC main books. Suddenly we got editors who don't mind diversity for FILLERS.

FUNNY they want to toss in POC when MILESTONE is slated to pop up again.

It's not to say folks won't buy these books. But we that doesn't mean we can call out DC. It's not HARD to notice and that is the issue. If you work on being diverse EVERY DAY folks will stop noticing.

Diverse is more than background and cameos and POC needing to be bossed around by Batman.

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    You know, Duke would make an interesting Batman since he's a metahuman. Also I didn't even think about the Harley thing tbh, maybe slow aging is one of her powers now.
    To be honest, I have no problem with Luke being the black Batman of the generation. If Duke took the Batman mantle instead, I feel that it waters down the core concept of him being The Signal. Him being The Signal needs strong perception of having a great identity, which I feel would try to eliminate that purpose if he becomes something else.

With that said, I do think Duke should be featured way more.

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    To be honest, I have no problem with Luke being the black Batman of the generation. If Duke took the Batman mantle instead, I feel that it waters down the core concept of him being The Signal. Him being The Signal needs strong perception of having a great identity, which I feel would try to eliminate that purpose if he becomes something else.

With that said, I do think Duke should be featured way more.
    Could’ve make Duke Luke’s Robin lol. Or at least pair the new Batman with Signal as his partner.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Could’ve make Duke Luke’s Robin lol. Or at least pair the new Batman with Signal as his partner.
    Yea, that would've been better so he can at least make a good appearance. I prefer the latter lol. That would be ideal imo.