Page 13 of 74 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363 ... LastLast

Thread: DC Future State

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Sorry I have to side with Fergus on this. Because we have seen this mess way too many times from DC.

We will KEEP calling DC out because we KEEP seeing this mess over and over.

If you are trying to sell a 2 month filler-I should see Damian, Wallace and Duke because unlike Bunker, Vixen and Power Girl they were ALL in books recently. Yes those 3 are seen but how many times have we seen CRAPPY cameos with no dialogue. Or a crappy cameo PERIOD.
    We saw it with Steel in Doomsday Clock. Heck we saw it with Jakeem Thunder in Teen Titans. Hotspot in Sideways.

In fact where is Cyborg at? Mister Terrific?

Also why is it when we have FILLER-suddenly DC realize they have POC?
    In Convergence suddenly folks remembered Natasha Irons had a BROTHER. Who was not seen for almost 20 years.

We can find diverse writers for filler yet can't for most DC main books. Suddenly we got editors who don't mind diversity for FILLERS.

FUNNY they want to toss in POC when MILESTONE is slated to pop up again.

It's not to say folks won't buy these books. But we that doesn't mean we can call out DC. It's not HARD to notice and that is the issue. If you work on being diverse EVERY DAY folks will stop noticing.

Diverse is more than background and cameos and POC needing to be bossed around by Batman.
    That reminds me... who's the black Titan who died in Heroes in Crisis because Tom King wanted to make a reference to BLM?

Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

Damian just led the Teen Titans and Duke was in the Outsiders. I don't think DC's pushing them to the sidelines, they got a lot of push.
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OopsIdiditagain View Post
    Damian just led the Teen Titans and Duke was in The Outsiders. I don't think DC's pushing them to the sidelines, they got a lot of push.
    You mean getting absolutely slaughtered in Teen Titans to make way for this
    Consolation prize though, it's no longer a long series.

Honestly, if Damian became Red X (and it'd make sense) I'm all for it. I don't want him to be defanged like he was in Supersons or relying on outside persons to have a moral compass like in DCeased. I don't see any problem with him wanting to end permanently evildoers in the DC Universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    That reminds me... who's the black Titan who died in Heroes in Crisis because Tom King wanted to make a reference to BLM?
    That was Isaiah Crockett aka Hotspot aka Joto

Quote Originally Posted by OopsIdiditagain View Post
    Damian just led the Teen Titans and Duke was in the Outsiders. I don't think DC's pushing them to the sidelines, they got a lot of push.
    Duke has had a push, but I wouldn't say he's gotten a lot of it; especially if we're using Outsiders as a point of reference. considering that it's probably the weakest the character's ever been handled thus far in his history. I would say post-Outsiders he's gearing up to get more of an actual push, with 3 major centralized appearances coming up in succession.

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Honestly, if Damian became Red X (and it'd make sense) I'm all for it. I don't want him to be defanged like he was in Supersons or relying on outside persons to have a moral compass like in DCeased. I don't see any problem with him wanting to end permanently evildoers in the DC Universe.
    I think Damian and Jason suffer the same problem of some writers not wanting to (or lack the know how to) write their characters with the nuance to allow for their character's development AND keep that lethal edge. so when they get a hold of the character it's the lazy take of making them toothless or going "oh, they just don't know no better" and they have to relearn the same lesson or act
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 11-02-2020 at 09:26 AM.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    I think Damian and Jason suffer the same problem of some writers wanting to take the not knowing how to write their characters with the nuance to allow for their character's development AND keep that lethal edge. so when they get a hold of the character it's the lazy take of making them toothless or going "oh, they just don't know no better" and they have to relearn the same lesson or act
    Which is something which drives me crazy, because it shouldn't be that hard. Goons, hired hands and the like ? Damian and Jason shouldn't aim to kill them, perhaps not even maim them. They both know firsthand how easy it is to be driven toward a path of murder and violence. But on the more dangerously driven foes (says, like the Joker for instance) they shouldn't have any barrels held. It's really that simple. Bonus point if the writers show their compassionate side and that it's because they have gentle and kind souls in the end that they can go for the killing blow against some of the most dangerous persons on Earth.

But, basically, don't have Jasopn drawing his guns or Damian his sword if they won't use it to kill someone. And don't have them killing left and right. It has to be a responsible action, not the violent impulse of a sociopath.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    I'm still mad at that, dude ain't been seen or mentioned in years only to make an appearance (to die) in a wack ass book.
    Last edited by 9th.; 10-16-2020 at 03:40 AM.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    I'm still made at that, dude ain't been seen or mentioned in years only to make an appearance (to die) in a wack ass book.
    You literally took the words out of my mouth. Heroes in Crisis as a whole is messed up cause it adds to the narrative that mental illness makes you dangerous and gives your life less value.

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    Hoping the JL Batman is Damian to be honest. He's not a Black Batman but he's a Brownish Batman. That's still diversity

From the solicits it doesn't sound like Damian is Red X
    Teen Titans doesn't seem to be far in the future given how the characters on the cover don't look older. And Red X looks like an adult - so Damian would be too young.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Also, how does Harley Quinn somehow look younger years into the future?
    Good question. Considering her real name is DOCTOR Harleen Quinzel, she certainly isn't young. Ought to be in her early 30s at least, before any Future State age-up. And yet the only sign of aging is that she chopped her pigtails?

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I think Tanya is a great character but she definitely needs a different code name. Is Ultra Girl taken?
    Not at DC, but there's a Marvel hero that has the name, a half-Kree girl. She hasn't appeared for years though, and Kamala Khan seems to have supplanted her as Carol Danvers' legacy hero.
    Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    When's January's solicits?
    Should be tonight.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

This discussion I'm seeing made me remember this tweet:

20201016_060322.jpg

Here I am excited about John Stewart, Jo, Vixen, Tanya and yet after reading this tweet, I'm like should I or anyone really be praising DC, giving them credit, saying they took a step forward when in 2 months, everything will be back to normal, the books they'll be publishing will continue to look how they've always looked, be written by the same types of people, and feature the same characters we've already seen.

So yeah while I'm happy to see some characters I like pop up, I can't give credit to DC when the only things that will survive out of this is a couple of characters and some storylines that will be used just to put easter eggs into current arcs to make it seem like reading Future State isn't waste of anyone's time.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Could’ve make Duke Luke’s Robin lol. Or at least pair the new Batman with Signal as his partner.
    At least Duke fans shouldn't be concerned, since Snyder said he's co-writing a new Duke book in 2021.

Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    This discussion I'm seeing made me remember this tweet:

20201016_060322.jpg

Here I am excited about John Stewart, Jo, Vixen, Tanya and yet after reading this tweet, I'm like should I or anyone really be praising DC, giving them credit, saying they took a step forward when in 2 months, everything will be back to normal, the books they'll be publishing will continue to look how they've always looked, be written by the same types of people, and feature the same characters we've already seen.

So yeah while I'm happy to see some characters I like pop up, I can't give credit to DC when the only things that will survive out of this is a couple of characters and some storylines that will be used just to put easter eggs into current arcs to make it seem like reading Future State isn't waste of anyone's time.
    I think we can just hope that these do well and maybe it makes some changes to the main titles. Maybe put Vixen on JLD or Jo on Justice League. That's my hope. That DC see these characters are wanted and needed.
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    At least Duke fans shouldn't be concerned, since Snyder said he's co-writing a new Duke book in 2021.
    this is news to me, source?
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    this is news to me, source?
    I suspect this could be a confusion.

I don't think there is news or leaks that Snyder is co-writing a Duke book in 2021.

The book that Snyder is co-writing where Duke has a main role is Tales From the Dark Multiverse: Dark Nights: Metal #1 (2020).
    Last edited by Konja7; 10-16-2020 at 03:49 AM.

This looks kind of awful. I am glad that it is only going to be for two months.