Page 16 of 74 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666 ... LastLast

Thread: DC Future State

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    I could be missing something, but is there not a main series for this 2 month special? I think the last times they did similar stuff to this Futures End and One Million, there was a main series you could follow and then the tie ins. Some of these look interesting but im surprised if there isn't something isn't something anchoring them together.
    Nope, no main “Future State” series.

Would not have figured Grifter and Midnighter to turn up.

Even more odd that the Grifter in this near future looks like it will still be Cole.

Fantastic Member Potanical Pardon's Avatar

I can't explain it, but for some reason I'm really intrigued and interested. I haven't been with any DC events since like 2004. Maybe it's because it is heavier on unknown new characters, as opposed to new takes on previous characters or redos, etc. Kind of like the appeal of DC One Million, Kingdom Come, etc. Convergence, Futures End, Injustice, whatever - nope, none of that jibes the same because those were still heavy on the familiar. I guess it's because I'm older and perhaps have already read and experienced most of what could already be consumed about characters I know since the beginning. Even if it's just two months, so were a lot of great past arcs - good enough for me.

And this FINALLY feels fresh. New 52 did not at all have that feeling. Additionally, it helps that whoever designed these characters and takes is fire. Way, way, way better than Jim Lee's costume redesigns, and not because of just aesthetics, whoever it is seems to know how to really put thought towards communicating character and story while balancing it with the familiar. Every character in these covers just has me wondering "what's that about?" There's also a "wow, that looks good, original and fresh take on the familiar while not derivative in a predictable by-committee or fan idea way."

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post

Even more odd that the Grifter in this near future looks like it will still be Cole.
    Really? I’m kinda surprised others are surprised to see them. Jim Lee is now the sole head, so he’s pushing his toys again. That standalone The Wild Storm universe is radioactive given Ellis’ situation. I figured something like this was going to happen again. Honestly I don’t have a problem with it, I think the Authority could fill an interesting niche in the DCU under the right creative team.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Seems like this would have a been a good opportunity to show underused characters with lots of potential finally getting to the next level. Would have loved to have gotten Cass Cain, Blue Beetle - Jaime Reyes, Vibe, Tanya Spears, Aquagirl - Lorena Marquez, Naomi, etc. Instead there are more new characters who will be quickly forgotten/shelved by DC.
    This a hundred times over. They don’t do much with a lot of new characters they’ve already created and instead create a bunch more new characters they will do nothing much with after this.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    Didn’t the joker pump her full of chemicals?
    It’s probably something from Ivy.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    I'd be happier with new characters if they didn't remove old characters and hand off their names to the new ones. Let them have their own code names and make them great, just like the early batch did. But, of course, from business/IP perspectives that doesn't fly. Also the lack of accessibility to floppies for casual readers and that it's not a mainstream market anymore make that a hard sell. But it really does feel like coattails for newbies that way, and it's bound to draw resentment from existing fanbase when their characters are removed from play so someone else can use the name they built. And betrays a (probably reasonable) lack of faith for the new characters to stand on their own without the weight a better-known name. I also get as attached to supporting casts and heroes often, so there's that, too.
    So are you still annoyed at Kamala Khan adopting the Ms Marvel name over at Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post

Sorry where were they shown?

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Also, that's like the worst Kara outfit I've ever seen.
    It's probably difficult to come up with a Supergirl outfit that doesn't look like it was based on Superman.

I'm hoping Conner Kent saves earth 3 from his SQ team and becomes the sole hero of the planet, it's superman ...... with TTK lol

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Sorry where were they shown?
    Grifter is getting a story in one of the Batman books and Midnighter is getting a story in one of the Superman books.

BANNED

I see ww with kryptonite on his neck. I hope that doesn't mean that superman or someone in the superfamily turns evil.

Quote Originally Posted by NaVi View Post
    I see ww with kryptonite on his neck. I hope that doesn't mean that superman or someone in the superfamily turns evil.
    It's a GL ring.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by NaVi View Post
    She's also wearing a bat utility belt.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    It's a GL ring.
    Yep. Though she does seem have to Clark's old cape.