Page 70 of 74 FirstFirst ... 2060666768697071727374 LastLast
Results 1,036 to 1,050 of 1109

Thread: DC Future State

I will say that after going back and picking up Swamp Thing #1 and then reading #2, while it doesn't necessarily tie-in to any of the rest of Future State I will say that this could have been like a very cool elseworlds or even Black Label series. Like it feels that it has enough strength and individuality that I think if it did not have Future State on the title then I think it could have stood on its own as an interesting Swamp Thing story taking place at the end of the world, or at least near end of humanity.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Swamp Thing's conclusion is excellent. I agree that it could entirely stand on its own very easily. Also, the post-apocalypse and Swamp Thing are a perfect match.

Can't quite say the same for Wonder Woman. Still not quite sure how I feel about it. It feels very rushed. Not only storyline-wise but as if Jones didn't have enough time to polish it.

Mighty Member

I think the Future state is a hit or miss .I think know what's happing to the current heroes for example the new Batman tells you what's the new batman going to be and dark Detective what's going on bruce Wayne same thing for the other books

Although I'm eager to get to March and beyond Future State, I don't think the two-issue series' had a real chance at meeting their potential, especially the ones introducing new characters.

In two regular length comic books, they had to introduce new characters, a new (future) world, at least a little about how things progressed to arrive at that future world, begin a story and resolve it. That's a lot for two issues. Even so, I thought that Swamp Thing and Harley Quinn did about as good of a job at that as they could, given the restrictions.

I'd have loved to have seen Swamp Thing's FS story stretched out so we could really live in that world and further explore Obsidian's place in it. I'd also have loved to have seen more of the delightful new characters that Swamp Thing (or rather Ram V) created.

Once I read FS Swamp Thing #2, I decided to mostly DCUI-wait the rest of the event. I can't typically wait 6 months to read a comic when it's available for me to purchase so much earlier, but these stories can clearly wait--especially since they're mostly just teasers for new creative teams. Yeah, I'll be behind on the Yara Flor Wonder Girl series but, while I loved FS WW #1 and her appearance in FS JL, I can wait for that too.

Plus I need something to justify my DCUI subscription since I've read all the old DC comics I could ever want to read. And I'm not going to be able to hold off on any title I want to read from March forward.

Yara's the only new character that popped out for me. I'm indifferent to the other new peeps and would need more of a hook before picking up more content.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 02-07-2021 at 08:45 AM.

QuickFire round up of all the first issues from the first month of Future State

Swamp Thing - terrific
    Superman of Metropolis - crap
    The Flash - great fun
    Wonder Woman - outstanding
    Harley Quinn - garbage
    The Next Batman - fine
    Shazam - mess
    Green Lantern - fine
    Aquaman - mediocre
    Kara-Zoe-El Superwoman - nice art shame about the writing
    Batman/Superman - ridiculous
    Suicide Squad - crap
    Catwoman - very good
    Dark Detective- main story; great - grifter; inane tedious bollocks
    Superman v Imperious Rex - excellent
    Justice League - main story; sleep inducing - JLD; excellent
    Superman worlds of war - main story; excellent - the rest; meh
    Legion of Superheroes - garbage
    Teen Titan - guy needs a co-writer, it’s all over the place
    Superman/Wonder Woman - started well, then faded
    Robin Eternal - mediocre
    Immortal Wonder Woman - main story; very good - Nubia story; rubbish
    Nightwing - mediocre

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

The Flash is needlessly depressing and yeah, Superman of Metropolis is three bad stories; it's unbelievable.
    Wonder Woman was 9/10. And I like the psychological aspect in HQ #1 Did they drop the ball in #2?
    Superwoman is sleep medication. oy vey.
    Batman/Superman is good but it's too basic.
    "Cable was right!"

updated month one (plus week 5) rankings of all Future State titles:

best
    1. Aquaman
    2. Wonder Woman
    3. Outsiders
    4. Catwoman
    5. ⁠Batman/Superman
    6. Last Lanterns
    7. The Next Batman
    8. ⁠Dark Detective
    9. Justice League
    10. ⁠Nightwing
    11. ⁠Batgirls
    12. Jessica Cruz
    good
    13. ⁠Justice League Dark
    14. ⁠Kara Zor El: Superwoman
    15. ⁠Black Adam
    16. Swamp Thing
    17. ⁠Grifters
    18. Shazam
    19. Guy Gardner
    20. Nubia
    21. ⁠Arkham Knights
    22. ⁠Superman: Worlds of War
    23. Immortal Wonder Woman
    24.Superman/Wonder Woman
    25. ⁠Suicide Squad
    26. Teen Titans
    27. Mister Miracle
    28. ⁠Guardian of Metropolis
    29. ⁠Midnighter
    30. ⁠Harley Quinn
    meh
    31. ⁠Superman vs Imperious Lex
    32. ⁠Red Hood
    33. ⁠Robin Eternal
    34. ⁠Black Racer
    35. Superman
    bad
    36. ⁠Legion of Superheroes
    37. ⁠Gotham City Sirens
    38. The Flash
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 02-08-2021 at 10:29 AM.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Titans gyped us on the Red X reveal but I think I know who it is and I might've been wrong; Bao Pham is just the greatest red herring of all time.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

currently following:
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

If DC doesn't give Rosenberg a Grifter solo book, I'll be so sad. That was such a fun story.

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    Titans gyped us on the Red X reveal but I think I know who it is and I might've been wrong; Bao Pham is just the greatest red herring of all time.
    do you think it's one of the new kids or a established character?

I mean I assumed they weren’t going to officially reveal who it was here considering it’s still supposed to be the long running mystery of the Titans Academy comic starting next month. Besides my money is on this being a new guy, and that showing us now means nothing because we would have no idea who the heck it was.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Also a tiny thing I think we just learned from the backup Justice League Dark story today

spoilers:
    I’m pretty sure they just revealed that Etrigan and maybe Khalid can see or at least are aware of the future that takes place in future state. Now Khalid seems predicated on getting his helmet fixed but I guess Etrigan just naturally sees time differently, so I guess this means Etrigan is going to work to avoid this Merlin future.
    end of spoilers
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I mean I assumed they weren’t going to officially reveal who it was here considering it’s still supposed to be the long running mystery of the Titans Academy comic starting next month. Besides my money is on this being a new guy, and that showing us now means nothing because we would have no idea who the heck it was.
    I don't think it's a new guy (well. they're still relatively new) from the Titans Academy.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    If DC doesn't give Rosenberg a Grifter solo book, I'll be so sad. That was such a fun story.

do you think it's one of the new kids or a established character?
    "established" but the character I have in mind is still relatively new.

currently following:

I don't think it's a new guy (well. they're still relatively new) from the Titans Academy.

"established" but the character I have in mind is still relatively new.
    You're gonna say Clownhunter.