Page 65 of 74 FirstFirst ... 1555616263646566676869 ... LastLast

Thread: DC Future State

Please Delete Post
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Yes that’s why they went with Kid Quick. It was either that or creating a new Flash like Yara and Fox.
    isn't creating Kid Quick the same as creating Yara and Fox? I don't see the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    isn't creating Kid Quick the same as creating Yara and Fox? I don't see the difference.
    They don't seem to be pushing Kid Quick like they're pushing Yara and Fox. To be honest they don't even seem to be doing it with Jo who ends up being the GL on the Future State League.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    I mean technically only Yara was created for Future State, Kid Quick was created for a recent holiday special and apparently Fox is from the 80’s.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    They don't seem to be pushing Kid Quick like they're pushing Yara and Fox. To be honest they don't even seem to be doing it with Jo who ends up being the GL on the Future State League.
    I believe DC will not do much with Jo until far sector is complete, in respect to NK Jemisin.

Jess Quick is another matter: they're there because they could not solve the Flash's mess for Future State. They're not being promoted because DC will probably try to mend the Flash divide after FS (finally), but they still may become a gateway character to Earth 11.
    Last edited by BohemiaDrinker; 01-12-2021 at 10:15 AM.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    I believe DC will not do much with Jo until far sector is complete, in respect to NK Jemisin.

Jess Quick is another matter: she's there because they could not solve the Flash's mess for Future State. They're not being promoted because DC will probably try to mend the Flash divide after FS (finally), but she still may become a gateway character to Earth 11.
    They*

I think you're right. The other 3 members of the new league seem more like they're just there to fill up the ranks. Jon, Yara, and Jace are the ones with any real push. Which makes me believe current day Yara will be close to Jon in age. As an amazon, she'll probably have an extended life span anyway.

Where has Jess Quick appeared before this?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Where has Jess Quick appeared before this?
    See Sifighters comment above

Quote Originally Posted by vasir12 View Post
    They*

I think you're right. The other 3 members of the new league seem more like they're just there to fill up the ranks. Jon, Yara, and Jace are the ones with any real push. Which makes me believe current day Yara will be close to Jon in age. As an amazon, she'll probably have an extended life span anyway.
    Andy is awesome

just read Future State: Justice League and HA! I nailed the Legion of Doom roster! but also HA, they all got taken out immediately LOL. pretty solid story, it seems like only Batman and Green Lantern are actually following the rules about fraternizing which actually makes sense for those two mantles in a way. also, Batman always being in shadow? hilarious. it was just funny to me how consistently he was cloaked in shadow or silently creeping in the background.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Quote Originally Posted by MarFarr View Post
    Andy is awesome
    Yeah, I changed me mind. I want all of these people to stay.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

It's gonna take me a while to read through Superwoman. It's pretty verbose.

Superman/Wonder Woman was fun. Art's not as good as Supes of Metropolis or Joelle Jones' WW tho.
    "Cable was right!"

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Week 2 definitely gave me a better impression of future state, a lot better lineup of books

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by vasir12 View Post
    They*
    Corrected, sorry. Wrote iun a hurry, no ill intent by it.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by MarFarr View Post
    Andy is awesome
    I liked her too. Really looking forward to see her getting trained by Kaldur.

Too bad she is a baby in current continuity. I would mind a Young Justice type of comic with this characters, and Damian instead of Jace since he is already a adult in the present.