Page 9 of 74 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959 ... LastLast

Thread: DC Future State

Spectacular Member

One thing that caught my attention is that Wonder Woman (the original one) is going by DIANA PRINCE again, and they even put that on the cover and on the text of the solicitations.

Incredible Member

So it seems that the Superman Wonder Woman book did well enough for it to appear yet again, even if it is under different characters. Better then trinity anyway. Might check this one out if it seems good but not holding my breath.

Quote Originally Posted by dornwolf View Post
    That's my guess. If any of these sell strong enough we'll see a couple of books.
    Yeah I don't expect all the books to survive but there's been 3 interviews and they all say different and yet similar things, like that some of these characters will reappear again, that Future State effects the DCU, that easter eggs will be seen that was shown in the Future State, plus they've given themselves such good leeway in saying that these books takes place 10 to however far into the future and emphasizing that the future is not set in stone so that if there is an imprint some of these books will probably come back modified.

Also is it me or does whatever Clark is doing in Future State somehow make the rumor about Clark leading the Authority that much more plausible, like I thought it was cancelled b/c I thought it was going into this 5G imprint thing and I didn't think of Future State as a possible imprint but now...

Also this was probably already mentioned but I was too lazy to read through the thread but Diana Prince having a batman logo on her belt and the new Batman having a W batarang ...what's up with that.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    Yeah I don't expect all the books to survive but there's been 3 interviews and they all say different and yet similar things, like that some of these characters will reappear again, that Future State effects the DCU, that easter eggs will be seen that was shown in the Future State, plus they've given themselves such good leeway in saying that these books takes place 10 to however far into the future and emphasizing that the future is not set in stone so that if there is an imprint some of these books will probably come back modified.

Also is it me or does whatever Clark is doing in Future State somehow make the rumor about Clark leading the Authority that much more plausible, like I thought it was cancelled b/c I thought it was going into this 5G imprint thing and I didn't think of Future State as a possible imprint but now...

Also this was probably already mentioned but I was too lazy to read through the thread but Diana Prince having a batman logo on her belt and the new Batman having a W batarang ...what's up with that.
    She's also sporting what seems Superman's cape and a GL ring, so presumably it's her honoring her friends long after the died giving that seems the premise from solicits.

Or DC still just can't wrap it around their heads there's some women who wouldn't care of Bruce.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post

I don't think much will come of the Clark and Authority pitch as that sounds like a 5G plot and unless they cram that in there somewhere the next writer is probably not following Bendis's plan to closely.

As for Future State characters reappearing, my guess is that Damian is the Future State Red X so that'll flow back and have Damian take that role in main canon since it honestly sounds like Tim is locked in as Robin and that new Wonder Woman I see her being brought into main canon as well. Everything else is kinda meh, I could see the Batman book carrying on as the surviving book like Batman Beyond and have it take that publishing spot and basically morph just as Beyond did.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post

Ok that’s pretty cool that they’re using Tanya, Bunker, and Cass. Wow, DC really doesn’t like Blue Beetle Jaime Reyes haha.

Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post

Is that Power Girl? And Bunker? What is this amazing team up. Is this in the JL title or the Shazam mini? I've been dying to see these characters again.
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sbp1972 View Post
    Hmmmm, so it appears to be neither a reboot, or a large scale relaunch. Just read this line in the Newsarama/Gamesradar piece:
    "Then in March, the regular DC title lineup resumes with the numbering of existing series intact, "continuing existing storylines from 2020 and introducing new arcs for the year."

I'd imagine some series may get a new #1. Justice League seems to be an obvious candidate. The last volume basically just existed to be a Death Metal prologue. Whatever Taylor's Suicide Squad follow-up is?
    Does this apply to miniseries as well like Green Lantern or Bat/Cat?

Quote Originally Posted by dornwolf View Post
    I don't think much will come of the Clark and Authority pitch as that sounds like a 5G plot and unless they cram that in there somewhere the next writer is probably not following Bendis's plan to closely.
    I meant that if there is a Future State imprint Clark would have a book with him leading the Authority like it was seemingly planned for 5G.

It was mentioned in interviews for Future State that Clark is defending the universe as a whole instead of just Earth/Metropolis, well when you think about The Authority, they weren't beholden or they didn't follow the rules/laws, Clark's version of the team would be unquestionable good guys but they wouldn't be beholden to any planet's rule/law.

I also just realized that if there is no Green Lantern power battery for Green Lanterns, Clark and his team would most likely be picking up the slack left by that.

So yeah if there is a Future State imprint this is one of the books I think will happen.
    Last edited by kurenai24; 10-15-2020 at 04:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    Does this apply to miniseries as well like Green Lantern or Bat/Cat?
    Black Label books are immune. Isn’t TGL going to be almost done by the time Future State starts? They’re probably going to keep publishing it so that it can wrap in Feb and then with March they can launch a new GL series with a new team.

I've been spending too much per month on comics lately. I won't mind a two month break from DC.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Power Torch View Post
    Is that Power Girl? And Bunker? What is this amazing team up. Is this in the JL title or the Shazam mini? I've been dying to see these characters again.
    No, that's some character that isn't Power Girl.

Some of this looks alright, but honestly the best thing I'm seeing here is Mora's art.

There's bits and pieces here that sound legit interesting, but for the most part I'm hoping this thing goes by like Convergence did; a fill-in distraction that doesn't really carry any weight beyond its two month course.

Some of this sounds like stuff I wouldn't be against the main line bringing in, like Red X or the new Wonder Woman (so long as Diana remains WW and this new girl finds her own name) and if the rumors are true and we end up with an imprint where some of these characters live on, that's cool too. But mostly all I'm seeing here is two months where DC is just providing some filler, hoping ideas prove popular enough to take root in the main line, and I'm not sure I want to drop four bucks on filler when I could put that cash towards Image or Dark Horse.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    No, that's some character that isn't Power Girl.
    It's Power Girl whether you want her to be or not.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

I wonder if the Bruce, Clark and Diana books are repurposed from the rumored Black Label line that would have featured the original heroes and not 5G (since early rumors mentioned Bruce would be much older and act like a mentor to Luke much like in Batman Beyond).
    Future State could actually be a mix of both that Black Label line and 5G.

On another note, I could definitely see them continuing the popular FS minis later on. Seems like an opportunity for a new imprint, maybe even a digital one that could help bring readers to DCU Infinite.