Page 74 of 74 FirstFirst ... 24647071727374
Results 1,096 to 1,109 of 1109

Thread: DC Future State

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    This event needed more issues to tell stories properly.
    agreed, it was rushed

I Was wondering why is it that Diana even in the ''So Called Future State'' doesn't have a Daughter or a Son i mean Kal el has a son who's taken over the mantle of Superman.and we know that Bruce has Damien so what's up with DC's hatred for it's Legacy Characters.

Diana's so much better off for not having a biological child retconned in. I don't consider that a negative in the slightest. And if anything DC is going monumentally overboard with legacy, not showing a hatred towards it.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

You don't need a child to have legacy. Yara is right there. Also I just don't see Diana wanting kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Diana's so much better off for not having a biological child retconned in. I don't consider that a negative in the slightest. And if anything DC is going monumentally overboard with legacy, not showing a hatred towards it.
    Yeah, no need to copy Batman and Superman just because they're doing something.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Eventually DC will give Diana her own child, it'll be a few years but they already let two of the trinity have biological children so..
    Last edited by DragonPiece; 02-12-2021 at 05:07 PM.

At this point giving Diana a child would just feel like checking off a box because Clark and Bruce do.

Quote Originally Posted by fin5 View Post
    why do you all hate future state
    It hasn’t been all bad. The Next Batman and Wonder Woman have been quite enjoyable. But a lot of the stories have been joyless slogs. Teen Titans and Flash for instance. Just dour nonsense that is made worse by the short format. Titans fans usually complain that the characters are used as cannon fodder and this story just doubles (triples?) down.

Yara Flor and Jace Fox are characters I’d like to read more of. The rest not so much.

Spectacular Member

Well i was right, spoilers:
    Raven become The Unkindness we see in FS : Black Adam.
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    At this point giving Diana a child would just feel like checking off a box because Clark and Bruce do.
    So, Diana should be the only not allowed to have children, because it feels like checking off a box.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    If it serves a purpose or helps her story, why not? but I agree that it shouldn't be done JUST because Bruce or Clark do. I believe its time that what occurs to one character should not necessary mean other characters have to follow suit. Otherwise it is copy and paste.
    This does not regard having kids only, so if character ABC marries, Diana will have too as well? However if a right story comes along, marriage should not be forbidden either, but not for the sake of it.
    I believe the concept that heroes can't have a happy personal life is outdated and didn't really work, especially looking at comics sales decline. Not saying it is the reason for that.
    Last edited by Goldrake; 02-16-2021 at 06:40 AM.

Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MarFarr View Post
    If it serves a purpose or helps her story, why not? but I agree that it shouldn't be done JUST because Bruce or Clark do. I believe its time that what occurs to one character should not necessary mean other characters have to follow suit. Otherwise it is copy and paste.
    This does not regard having kids only, so if character ABC marries, Diana will have too as well? However if a right story comes along, marriage should not be forbidden either, but not for the sake of it.
    I believe the concept that heroes can't have a happy personal life is outdated and didn't really work, especially looking at comics sales decline. Not saying it is the reason for that.
    I think the marriage and kids thing shouldn't be the only way to give characters a happy personal life though. Especially when said characters end up getting written as bad parents e.g. Bruce.
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Quote Originally Posted by OopsIdiditagain View Post
    I think the marriage and kids thing shouldn't be the only way to give characters a happy personal life though. Especially when said characters end up getting written as bad parents e.g. Bruce.
    one size doesn't fit all, because Bruce is a bad parent doesn't mean the others have to be so. Bruce is Bruce while Clark is Clark etc
    Just as Lois and Clark are married doesn't mean all the rest must be married. But neither outdated marriage bans.

Diana had a child, it was Fury who existed pre and post crisis on infinite earths. Of course that was earth-2 Wonder Woman.

Also another thing, having finished off the final issue of Next Batman today, while I liked it and the characters overall and I’m excited to read Second Son, I will say that this read more as the first arc to a new ongoing. Like I enjoy the story and it’s compelling but you can just kind of feel that the story was shifted into a mini-series you know, thankfully the characters getting more in the present and future.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.