Page 31 of 74 FirstFirst ... 2127282930313233343541 ... LastLast

Thread: DC Future State

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Speaking of, has it been mentioned what, if anything, is being done with Simon Baz? I know the solicit for the Future State GL book mentions Guy and Jessica (in addition to John obviously being the star), but I don't remember Simon or Kyle being mentioned anywhere.
    Given he'll be in the HBOMax GL show, I imagine he'll come back to prominence sooner rather than later.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Speaking of, has it been mentioned what, if anything, is being done with Simon Baz? I know the solicit for the Future State GL book mentions Guy and Jessica (in addition to John obviously being the star), but I don't remember Simon or Kyle being mentioned anywhere.
    Baz isn’t in anything. It looks like John and Jess will be the GLs who get focused on with Future State. Expect Baz and Jess to get another book with that MAX show in the pipeline though.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Baz isn’t in anything. It looks like John and Jess will be the GLs who get focused on with Future State. Expect Baz and Jess to get another book with that MAX show in the pipeline though.
    Guy also has a story as well (or at least he opens up the bar again, I forget if that's part of the other stories or its own thing).

So we have no idea where Hal, Simon, or Kyle are.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Guy also has a story as well (or at least he opens up the bar again, I forget if that's part of the other stories or its own thing).

Right but it sounds like Jess will be the main protagonist/POV character for that story. Although that does remind me, Guy will be involved in the upcoming show as well, so it wouldn’t surprise me if the next GLC book is Guy, Jess, and Baz.

If I was a beting man, my money would be on Hal, Kyle and Simon dying in whatever event makes the power battery go down. Either they will die trying to prevent it, or they will die as a result of it.

I mean, that is no better way of showing how dire the situation is than have one of the main lantern suffocating in space because his ring is out of energy.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Right but it sounds like Jess will be the main protagonist/POV character for that story. Although that does remind me, Guy will be involved in the upcoming show as well, so it wouldn’t surprise me if the next GLC book is Guy, Jess, and Baz.
    Guy's and Jessica's are two separate stories.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I thought Simon died in "Heroes in Crisis"?
    There was a GL logo shown among dead bodies, but the GL was never identified and Simon has appeared since, so it wasn't him. Must've been an alien GL.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 10-23-2020 at 08:25 PM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    If I was a beting man, my money would be on Hal, Kyle and Simon dying in whatever event makes the power battery go down. Either they will die trying to prevent it, or they will die as a result of it.

I mean, that is no better way of showing how dire the situation is than have one of the main lantern suffocating in space because his ring is out of energy.
    Not to be mean, but considering what happened to a lot of Lanterns because of Hal way back when, it'd be a fitting irony if it happened to him.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

Given he'll be in the HBOMax GL show, I imagine he'll come back to prominence sooner rather than later.

I hope the HBO show is based off the recent comic he had with Jessica. That was good.
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

And then she told Brion she might be non-binary, which never went anywhere. Like, I liked Violet on the show, but sometimes it felt like they were just trying to check off a lot of boxes without thinking it through...
    I agree completely

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Not to be mean, but considering what happened to a lot of Lanterns because of Hal way back when, it'd be a fitting irony if it happened to him.
    Technically he also kept them stuck in another dimension when he sealed away a rift in the Source Wall during the Renegade era, if I recall correctly.

Technically he also kept them stuck in another dimension when he sealed away a rift in the Source Wall during the Renegade era, if I recall correctly.

that "sonovabitch" was the funniest **** to me the first time I read it. top 5 dick move by Hal Jordan?
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    that "sonovabitch" was the funniest **** to me the first time I read it. top 5 dick move by Hal Jordan?
    If we're counting doing something unknowingly while trying to avoid something bad happening to the universe as a "dick move," then I guess .

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post

But those guys did not die in space-when Hal went nuts he left them enough power to survive or at least reach a planet.

If we're counting doing something unknowingly while trying to avoid something bad happening to the universe as a "dick move," then I guess .
    ah, see I always read it as Hal saw John on the other side as he was sealing the rift but just didn't care and continued closing the rift anyway.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    ah, see I always read it as Hal saw John on the other side as he was sealing the rift but just didn't care and continued closing the rift anyway.
    Oh yeah, I'm pretty sure Hal had no idea he was sealing the Corps. away.