Page 15 of 74 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565 ... LastLast

Thread: DC Future State

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    I'm annoyed that Donna got shafted again.
    Garth says what’s up

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ssupes View Post
    So it seems that the Superman Wonder Woman book did well enough for it to appear yet again, even if it is under different characters. Better then trinity anyway. Might check this one out if it seems good but not holding my breath.
    I feel like their trying to appease the Superman/Wonder Woman shippers while not making it Clark and Diana

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by MadFacedKid View Post
    Garth says what’s up
    Bumblebee and Guardian want a word....

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    I meant cause they’re aging her up for this event so the chances of seeing OG Powergirl decreased. Though in general I don’t think DC knows how to push both of them at once.
    But her being aged up and calling herself Superwoman is only for this two month event. Everything goes back to normal in March. So she'll be back to Supergirl soon enough.

And OG Power Girl should be with the JSA since she was with them when they returned in Doomsday clock.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

So did they just rename 5G? Because this (especially the black Batman) reminds me of the 5G rumors

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by MadFacedKid View Post
    I feel like their trying to appease the Superman/Wonder Woman shippers while not making it Clark and Diana
    Does seem like a cake and eat it situation that DC is trying to manufacture. But tbh Jon has bad memories for superman wonder woman shippers since convergence.

Mighty Member

So with future state in Jan and Feb.Will it have a impact when it goes back in March.Or is it just self contain

Quote Originally Posted by Hilden B. Lade View Post
    So tldr version is that Future State is not going to become the new main continuity.
    Making it the main continuity is recognized as a terrible idea.

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    So did they just rename 5G? Because this (especially the black Batman) reminds me of the 5G rumors
    This was going to be 5G, but the difference was that was going to be the new state of the line going forward, while this is being presented merely as a possible/alternate future.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

So Elseworlds with a new name? I can work with that. Though yeah I can see why they changed their minds, this (not knowing how much was decided pre/post deciding to change it) would have been a LOT of big overhauls at once

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Yep.

Honestly, I'm saddened its 2 months long; that's 2 months to many. Haven't seen a single issue that looks fun to read. Guess it will be fanfics for 2 months or so. Or even wading into the other comic companies. Maybe.

I'll check out the new characters/mantles. Not sure about everything else yet.

I could be missing something, but is there not a main series for this 2 month special? I think the last times they did similar stuff to this Futures End and One Million, there was a main series you could follow and then the tie ins. Some of these look interesting but im surprised if there isn't something isn't something anchoring them together.

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    I could be missing something, but is there not a main series for this 2 month special? I think the last times they did similar stuff to this Futures End and One Million, there was a main series you could follow and then the tie ins. Some of these look interesting but im surprised if there isn't something isn't something anchoring them together.
    Maybe it's Justice League.

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    The two Generation one shots at the begining of January and the end of February are to act as bookends to the event