Page 2 of 74 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Thread: DC Future State

I can’t say I like that costume for the new Wonder Woman. A little too “busy” for my tastes.

So I assume “Immortal Wonder Woman” will be the follow-up to Diana debuting in WW2?

Let’s hope she ditches that Bat utility belt. Hate that more than the sword already.
    Last edited by Gaius; 10-15-2020 at 08:02 AM.

Theres some solid creative teams on these book, regardless of the rather dull concept. And i do like the model of anthology titles and mini-series.

I'll probably check out a bunch of them.

It'll be interesting to see if theres gonna some kinda big shake-up come March, or if its just back to business as usual.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Suicide Squad looks interesting.

Giant-Sized means they're probably gonna charge $8 - 10. Lord.
    "Cable was right!"

I'm really looking forward to this! even if it's just a two month thing, I can't help but feel like this could be a Killing Joke thing where some elements from this will bleed over into main continuity one day. regardless, I'm excited to see these different takes on the heroes. we got Jackson as Aquaman (with Andy as his Aquagirl), an differently abled (I hate the phrase, there gotta be a less clunky saying) Flash, we have an new character as Wonder Woman, MY GUY RED X, and who I believe is Luke Fox as Batman. that looks like a new take on bumblebee along with some new characters and concepts. I'm here for all of it

THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

> Red X

What the hell?
    "Cable was right!"

I don't understand why Red X, a character that only had two apparences, one of which was Dick Grayson behind the mask, can have so many fans.

I think here it's Damian that will assume the moniker, cause he is nowhere to be seen in any of this solicitis.

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    I'm really looking forward to this! even if it's just a two month thing, I can't help but feel like this could be a Killing Joke thing where some elements from this will bleed over into main continuity one day. regardless, I'm excited to see these different takes on the heroes. we got Jackson as Aquaman (with Andy as his Aquagirl), an differently abled (I hate the phrase, there gotta be a less clunky saying) Flash, we have an new character as Wonder Woman, MY GUY RED X, and who I believe is Luke Fox as Batman. that looks like a new take on bumblebee along with some new characters and concepts. I'm here for all of it

Really love that art/character designs..

This looks like something that will end up in the dollar box at the LCS in a matter of weeks. The fact that it’s a filler event means it’s even more disposable. I’ve been waiting 20 years for Red X to make his comics debut. Sadly it’s being wasted here.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    This looks so bad. Just more of Didios dark dystopian crap. We dodged a bullet with this one. Probably would have been.the final nail in the coffin for DC.

Like almost everything in this industry and in any other, the importance, consequences and continuation of this event will depend on sales, as I said in another post I think that DC lightened the 5G concept and it turned out to be Future State, if it sells I would not be surprised that this project be resumed in its entirety.

I don’t know if I’m interested in this; Gotham city is under the thumb of some dictator, Batman is on the run, Luke fox is doing something, and who are the new outsiders? Superman as a gladiator sort of interests me, but I’m not interested in where they’re going with Jon, and kandor 2.0. I like the idea of a Brazilian Wonder Woman. But they’re mushing everything together into these compact books, and I have no idea who’s in what, or what I want to pick up, if anything.

I hate to say this, but the differently abled Flash in that image looks to be the flash of earth-3 Suicide Squad that was teased. The Flash on the Justice League cover is a woman though from the looks of it.

4C9D7C2B-CC8D-467F-BAC8-46B1AE9CCDBF.jpg

A06537A2-7348-44DC-A059-27871B7D71DC.jpg

Other then that though I am right there with you, I know it’s not permanent so I might as well enjoy and see what these writers are capable of doing in this new future continuity. I’m genuinely interested to see how it goes, will probably try Next Batman over anything else though.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

I'm with lemonpeace on this.

Is that an older XS or one of Black lightning's daughters above the new Bumblebee?

I was hoping the dude with the sword could be Simon Baz but nope.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 10-15-2020 at 08:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    This looks like something that will end up in the dollar box at the LCS in a matter of weeks. The fact that it’s a filler event means it’s even more disposable. I’ve been waiting 20 years for Red X to make his comics debut. Sadly it’s being wasted here.
    Don't make feel old, bro. It's at least 12 years
    "Cable was right!"

Astonishing Member

I'm surprised, but I really like it. Especially with it being just two-month event.
    Regarding Red-X, I'm sure it's Damian. And they said that some elements from here will be used in regular continuity, with Tim being Robin here, I think thatt it's indeed his new alias.

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    I like the idea of a Brazilian Wonder Woman. .
    Somehow this information escaped me. Nice, we don't have many Brazilian characters in DC lore, so i'm cool with whatever we can get.

And she is not named Da Costa, which is a plus.