Page 27 of 74 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast

Thread: DC Future State

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    That's why Didio spearheading 5G always seemed off to me, but maybe his drive for shocking and dramatic changes won out in the end.
    Remember at one point he was mad that the reprints were selling better than a lot of the current books.

So while Batman and for the most part Flash, Hal, WW and Superman were doing fine-everyone else was a mess (mainly by HIS doing).

If they intended to have the 5G stuff go on for 6 months to a year, minimum, DC would have easily been in turmoil over it because that's a years worth of potential sales lost to a company already on shaky legs. 5G was never going to be the status quo.
    Or you do it on purpose.

If you want ammo to justify burying someone make them the lead and hope it crashes and burns.
    If you want to get hirer sales or a surge-you take away someone for a time and hope huge sales happen in a return.

Luke Fox as Batman-yeah the usual suspects , gators and store owners will throw a FIT. At the end of the say you get what 2 trades worth of Luke Fox.
    Dc will take that gamble. Because Bruce returning as Batman after a year away should get you 100-300K orders. It could get you more readers. Need proof? See what is going on with Hulk at Marvel.

Bruce and Amadeus have decent selling trades. Hulk has not be a must read in how many years? Shelfing him for what 1-2 years worked at Marvel.
    At WORST those G5 books would have done decent as trades despite the pushback.

Yeah I could see Dan doing that.

You know I mentioned this in the 5G Replacements thread but I do think out of all the future versions who will find their way to the present it’s going to be whoever the new Flash is. I say that because he’s just described as a new Flash from the Multiverse, and given the Flash books tendencies to see alternative timelines and realities it would not surprise me one bit if the Future State Flash just decides to run into main continuity. And don’t tell me he can’t because Williamson just ended his run with a huge army of multiversal flashes showing up.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by OopsIdiditagain View Post
    Guardian Future State

Superpowered cop...
    Is that Mal Duncan?

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Is that Mal Duncan?
    Jake Jordan

"As revealed by DC's January 2021 solicitations, the Guardian of Metropolis is Jake Jordan, who was once the hero known as the Manhattan Guardian."
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

BANNED

I surmise that Didio wanted 5G to fail, which is why he pushed to have all replacement heroes. He could use the failure to say, see the fans want all white heroes!

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    That's why Didio spearheading 5G always seemed off to me, but maybe his drive for shocking and dramatic changes won out in the end.
    Was it Gail Simone who said that Didio would many times tank the blame for other peoples decisions?

In recent interviews Didio had voiced his displeasure with how he perceived the post-Rebirth DCU as stagnant and too reliant on nostalgia. I wouldn't be surprised if 5G was conceived as essentially another big New 52 style shakeup without actually discarding all of the company's history again.
    Well, he isn't entirely wrong here...

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    Was it Gail Simone who said that Didio would many times tank the blame for other peoples decisions?
    It was lots of people, including himself.

But there's a tell to it: see how far Didio will go to defend something when confronted. If he doubles down, it was his idea.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Incredible Member PennyDreadful's Avatar

In recent interviews Didio had voiced his displeasure with how he perceived the post-Rebirth DCU as stagnant and too reliant on nostalgia.
    Wow. Could the pot call the kettle any blacker?

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    It was lots of people, including himself.

But there's a tell to it: see how far Didio will go to defend something when confronted. If he doubles down, it was his idea.
    Just put the 5G crew on their own Multiverse earth or something. I'm just glad that Future State isn't canon. It really looks to be the last of DiDio-era DC.

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

Yikes. Looks like DC is betting everything in a new "Woke" generation.

This can't end well. There are far better ways to get the message across than interrupting Superheroes Fans enjoy. This era has zero creativity. All remakes. Nothing original.

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla2099 View Post
    Yikes. Looks like DC is betting everything in a new "Woke" generation.

This can't end well. There are far better ways to get the message across than interrupting Superheroes Fans enjoy. This era has zero creativity. All remakes. Nothing original.
    Uhhhhhh you might want to read the press release bud. This is a two month filler event before things go back to the status quo.

You can tell when someone reads the article and when they just saw a headline and got mad.

Astonishing Member

It amazes me how many people don't know this is a two-month filler, even though DC has already been repeating it in every interview. There are millions of questions and complaints.

Didn't some writers come out and say that some Future State things will carry over into the main ongoing books after March? Like Tynion said the Magistrate stuff will be used in his ongoing Batman book, and I imagine you will see some of the other stories sprinkled over the other book lines as well. I dunno, it all feels like DC doesn't really know what it wants to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    Didn't some writers come out and say that some Future State things will carry over into the main ongoing books after March? Like Tynion said the Magistrate stuff will be used in his ongoing Batman book, and I imagine you will see some of the other stories sprinkled over the other book lines as well. I dunno, it all feels like DC doesn't really know what it wants to do.
    They'll be some setup and overlap, but probably not as deeply as there would've been before.