Page 3 of 74 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Thread: DC Future State

Why is Saturn Girl wearing a skull helmet? I see Legion is still Bendis.

If this is meant to be the future, shouldn't the Teen Titans be completely new? Instead, it's Nightwing, Starfire, Raven, Crush, and Red Arrow.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

What is the character in the weird red suit next to Red-X?

Bruh the last time I saw Red X was the Teen Titans cartoon I didn't know he was an actual character!

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    What is the character in the weird red suit next to Red-X?
    A new Wonder Woman.

Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Any word on creative team for the AQUAMAN stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Any word on creative team for the AQUAMAN stuff?
    Future State: Aquaman, by Brandon Thomas and Daniel Sampere.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Somehow this information escaped me. Nice, we don't have many Brazilian characters in DC lore, so i'm cool with whatever we can get.

And she is not named Da Costa, which is a plus.
    Her name is going to be Yara Flor and she is from the Amazonian(lol, get it) rain forrest

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Not being a year long 52 issue event is a good start.
    The main series was 52 issues long. Everything else only took a 1 month hiatus.

Quote Originally Posted by Denirac View Post
    It's less Futures End more Convergence
    Futures End stopped all the main books for a month before Convergence ever did.

I don't understand why Red X, a character that only had two apparences, one of which was Dick Grayson behind the mask, can have so many fans.
    The Boba Fett effect.
    Last Read: Zatanna and the Ripper vol. 1

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Batman, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Beware the Planet of the Apes, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Green Arrow, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Superman '78: The Metal Curtain, Thundercats, Titans

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I hate to say this, but the differently abled Flash in that image looks to be the flash of earth-3 Suicide Squad that was teased. The Flash on the Justice League cover is a woman though from the looks of it.

Attachment 101447

Attachment 101448

Other then that though I am right there with you, I know it’s not permanent so I might as well enjoy and see what these writers are capable of doing in this new future continuity. I’m genuinely interested to see how it goes, will probably try Next Batman over anything else though.
    here's a closer look at the Future League's Flash, they appear to be male

it very well could be a new character given the hair color but I would like to believe it's a future Wallace who's had some kind of scifi/speedforce situation that changed his hair.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Incredible Member

Saves me some money in the current economic circumstances as it means I can skip any DC titles in the first two months of 2021. Oh there’s one there I might get if it is a continuation of Far Sector as that’s outstanding title.
    Last edited by Top Hat; 10-15-2020 at 09:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    here's a closer look at the Future League's Flash, they appear to be male

it very well could be a new character given the hair color but I would like to believe it's a future Wallace who's had some kind of scifi/speedforce situation that changed his hair.
    Oh that is easier to tell with that image, huh.

Also where did you find this?
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

I don't understand why Red X, a character that only had two apparences, one of which was Dick Grayson behind the mask, can have so many fans.

I think here it's Damian that will assume the moniker, cause he is nowhere to be seen in any of this solicitis.
    Second Red X actually had 4. The initial episode where he "helped" Robin and and Titans, a 2 second cameo near the end of the series with the Brotherhood of Evil, a race with Ding-Dong Daddy, and an animated short where the Titans speculated on his identity (with Jason Todd being thrown around the most).

And... Yeah. Looks like 2 months I'll be avoiding comics. Even my favorite character was done dirty by this event.

Incredible Member

Whoever drew that image sure doesn’t know how to draw Jo from Far Sector as her body shape is nothing like that.

I'm honestly more comfortable with this as a two-month event than a full-scale initiative that would've dictated the line for a few years.

Kind of surprised to see Zatanna back in her classic look with a dash of Raven (not that I mind). She doesn't seem mentioned in any of the announced titles.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    I'm really looking forward to this! even if it's just a two month thing, I can't help but feel like this could be a Killing Joke thing where some elements from this will bleed over into main continuity one day. regardless, I'm excited to see these different takes on the heroes. we got Jackson as Aquaman (with Andy as his Aquagirl), an differently abled (I hate the phrase, there gotta be a less clunky saying) Flash, we have an new character as Wonder Woman, MY GUY RED X, and who I believe is Luke Fox as Batman. that looks like a new take on bumblebee along with some new characters and concepts. I'm here for all of it

Neon Catwoman is so glam.