Page 36 of 74 FirstFirst ... 2632333435363738394046 ... LastLast

Thread: DC Future State

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Some new informations about Future State apparently : https://www.gamesradar.com/dc-nation...state-special/
    "but also seed storylines for upcoming events when the regular DC titles resume in March."

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post

I don’t think they mean Death Metal type events, moreso the storylines that will be explored and be the focus of the mainline books when they come back.

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post

I don't think they are doing another literal event, it's looking more like they mean we'll start seeing storylines spinning out from things we saw in Future State; like how we're seeing Batgirls in both Future State and in the regular bat-books. at least that would be the smarter thing to do, by March everyone should be all evented out. Death Metal to Endless Winter to Future State, and that's coinciding with Milestone's relaunch, which is an event of sorts itself. I would hope by March they'll have a handle on what fans were receptive to and we'll just start seeing new titles spinning out of whatever this omniverse continuity model ends up meaning.
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 11-09-2020 at 11:36 AM.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Given the Foreshadowing thus far has been it's a member of the Fox family, I'm not even sure where the idea it'd be Damian is even coming from.
    Mix of Wishful thinking and some speculation to account for missing characters [Damian, Duke and Babs]

I figured Duke or Damian might be the batman in JL since they are both within the age range.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

I don't know... even if Snyder's out, there's still Tynion and he likes doing city-destroying events too

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    I don't know... even if Snyder's out, there's still Tynion and he likes doing city-destroying events too
    Well he already got the mandatory Joker event out of the way, let’s hope he goes in a different direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Well he already got the mandatory Joker event out of the way, let’s hope he goes in a different direction.
    Yeah, now he seems to be doing more world-building (at least at the moment).

I wonder if we’ll see more Earth crossovers with this.

Here are the solicitations for February : https://www.ign.com/articles/future-...-february-2021

In a shocking move, WB is working on a Wonder Girl TV series starring a teenage Yara Flor.

It's looking increasingly likely that, as some were speculating, we'll see a teen version of Yara pop up in the main DCU after Future State.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    In a shocking move, WB is working on a Wonder Girl TV series starring a teenage Yara Flor.

It's looking increasingly likely that, as some were speculating, we'll see a teen version of Yara pop up in the main DCU after Future State.
    The article you link confirms she's getting a "wonder girl" ongoing by Joelle Jones after the future state issues, so that would be a good bet.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    The article you link confirms she's getting a "wonder girl" ongoing by Joelle Jones after the future state issues, so that would be a good bet.
    That part has been changed, then I think a "Wonder Girl" comic was a mistake.

Now, it just say that Yara will make her comic book appearance this January in Future State: Wonder Woman by Jones.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post

Now, it just say that Yara will make her comic book appearance this January in Future State: Wonder Woman by Jones.
    That's too bad, I was already getting excited by that info. Hopefully there is a book on the horizon either way.

Yeah, it was 100% that she was going to show up in the main comics after Future State likely as Wonder Girl. I just wonder how old she will be. I assumed she would be part of Damian's gen given his gen doesn't have a Wonder Woman character if she was introduced, so a teenager, but if the show happens she will be a lot older in that probably.

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post

So either that was a spoiler and DC didn't want that comic announced or deadline was wrong even though there was no reason for them to assume she had a series when they already mentioned her Future State appearance.