Page 37 of 74 FirstFirst ... 2733343536373839404147 ... LastLast

Thread: DC Future State

I definitely am interested to see what this means for the Rogues in Future State. If the heroes are swapping aliases, could we get the same for the villains? Maybe we could see Toyman as Weather Wizard or something.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Joelle Jones herself confirms she's not done with Yara after future state: https://twitter.com/Joelle_Jones/sta...77941999648768

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Joelle Jones herself confirms she's not done with Yara after future state: https://twitter.com/Joelle_Jones/sta...77941999648768
    Yeah I would not be surprised if they just redacted it for a future press announcement. Probably when it gets closer to March is what I am thinking.

Also, with this and what Tynion has said about Batman and Magistrate one I have a feeling that we will see a little more of some of the future state stuff popping up here or there, my money is on Kid Quick at least making an appearance in the Flash ongoing.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

DC kinda feels like they're scraping the barrel with shows now. A show for a character who only recently was announced to exist in the comics? An entire fucking series starring Painkiller from Black Lightning?

Yara is the future! Yara is love! Embrace Yara as the savior of DC Comics!
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Wonder how she is connected to WW.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    Yara is the future! Yara is love! Embrace Yara as the savior of DC Comics!
    I’d figure she’d be the new Wonder Girl in the present.

While Cassie’s in the same generation of Tim and Conner. I’d figure they would create a new Wondergirl that would be colleagues of Jon and Damien. And be in multi-media as well.

Yara Flor ongoing by Joëlle Jones? Nice.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    DC kinda feels like they're scraping the barrel with shows now. A show for a character who only recently was announced to exist in the comics? An entire fucking series starring Painkiller from Black Lightning?
    Painkiller is fucking cool

And CW is clearly trying to diversify their pallet

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    If they keep this up, all of CW will soon be DC.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    Wonder how she is connected to WW.
    She's from the Brazilian tribe of Amazons teased at the end of Orlando's WW run.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    If they keep this up, all of CW will soon be DC.
    Even with Supernatural ending, they still have other show reboots: Charmed, Texas Ranger, Riverdale, Nancy Drew, Roswell

Plus stuff like All American, Trickster, and Two Sentence Horror Stories.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Even with Supernatural ending, they still have other show reboots: Charmed, Texas Ranger, Riverdale, Nancy Drew, Roswell

Plus stuff like All American, Trickster, and Two Sentence Horror Stories.
    ...And that Powerpuff Girls show.

Unless you count that as DC since they made the Powerpuff Girls comcis.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

If Joelle's not done with Yara post Future State, neither am I. Hoping I like the character (and I'm getting all three books she shows up in), but I was probably going to buy it for art alone. Some of these Future State books look rad and I kind of wish they were their own separate line so they could continue and grow without being shackled to the status quo.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    ...And that Powerpuff Girls show.

Unless you count that as DC since they made the Powerpuff Girls comcis.
    I only saw the first season of Riverdale (and it was a slog, frankly) but every time Archie and Jug were nerdy it seemed DC related. They were reading DC comics at one point and playing DC Universe Online. Figured it was a fun easter egg given the network's partnership with WB.

So Riverdale's DC adjacent as far as I'm concerned. Yes, it's a reach. I don't care.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    If Joelle's not done with Yara post Future State, neither am I. Hoping I like the character (and I'm getting all three books she shows up in), but I was probably going to buy it for art alone. Some of these Future State books look rad and I kind of wish they were their own separate line so they could continue and grow without being shackled to the status quo.
    I'm curious how Yara is as Wonder Girl vs Wonder Woman. Will she be Diana's sidekick?
    I only saw the first season of Riverdale (and it was a slog, frankly) but every time Archie and Jug were nerdy it seemed DC related. They were reading DC comics at one point and playing DC Universe Online. Figured it was a fun easter egg given the network's partnership with WB.

So Riverdale's DC adjacent as far as I'm concerned. Yes, it's a reach. I don't care.
    I'm with you there .