Page 39 of 74 FirstFirst ... 2935363738394041424349 ... LastLast

Thread: DC Future State

Katana & Black Lightning (as black lightning) preview from Future State! I already call Katana Shogun Katana or Bankai Katana, I'm still trynna think of a name for black Lightning Black Lightning. is Blackity-Black Lightning too on the nose?

also, Sumit Kumar looks like he's doing his THING on these pencils. can't wait to see the final art and how he does my boy Signal!
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I mean, it matters to me if a character going by "Wonder Girl" ends up having no connection or relationship with someone named "Wonder Woman." Like, what's the point of calling her Wonder Girl?
    That's why Donna was renamed Troia after the Crisis. It didn't make sense for her to be Wonder Girl when Diana had been rebooted and therefore now debuted after Donna!

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I mean, Wallace was fairly frequently in Joshua Williamson's Flash run. Not necessarily used well or getting along with Barry, but he was there.
    He was in the book, yeah, but most of the time he was paired up with the Flash of China, Avery Ho.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    That's why Donna was renamed Troia after the Crisis. It didn't make sense for her to be Wonder Girl when Diana had been rebooted and therefore now debuted after Donna!
    And then they retroactively made them close again .
    He was in the book, yeah, but most of the time he was paired up with the Flash of China, Avery Ho.
    He got plenty of page-time with Barry, though. Avery was basically the Batgirl of the run.

Astonishing Member

I must be missing something here. Am I the only person who doesn't care what happens in Future State? It all goes away after two months, right? Please forgive me if I wasn't paying close enough attention to the announcement of this mini-event (which I admit I wasn't).

So in that Future State timeline posted the new Batman will be Batman for 15 years? Since he first appears in 2025 and is still Batman all the way in the JL in 2040? That is a super long time. Kind of weird. Also I was expecting Yara to be closer in age to Damain's generation but it feels like she is further removed from that, but I guess she is an Amazon so maybe she doesn't age the same way. Guess we will find out when they introduce her in the post-Future State DCU.

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    So in that Future State timeline posted the new Batman will be Batman for 15 years? Since he first appears in 2025 and is still Batman all the way in the JL in 2040? That is a super long time. Kind of weird. Also I was expecting Yara to be closer in age to Damain's generation but it feels like she is further removed from that, but I guess she is an Amazon so maybe she doesn't age the same way. Guess we will find out when they introduce her in the post-Future State DCU.
    I mean, Batman for 15 years or they go the Aqua route and trade off. Batman appears to be the only one with a costume change and whether it's Luke or Tim they're significantly older than the rest (especially if it's Tim) so it wouldn't be too much of a stretch.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

currently following:
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

Quote Originally Posted by seismic-2 View Post
    I must be missing something here. Am I the only person who doesn't care what happens in Future State? It all goes away after two months, right? Please forgive me if I wasn't paying close enough attention to the announcement of this mini-event (which I admit I wasn't).
    Some of the ideas are going to bleed back into the mainline. The Magistrate for example will be a part of Tynion’s run. We don’t know to what extent Future State will affect Superman or WW yet because we don’t know who is writing their books after Future State.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Some of the ideas are going to bleed back into the mainline. The Magistrate for example will be a part of Tynion’s run. We don’t know to what extent Future State will affect Superman or WW yet because we don’t know who is writing their books after Future State.
    Yara becoming Wonder Girl in the present-day seems all but confirmed, we just don't know what her relationship with Diana and other heroes will be like.

gonna go out on a limb and say, "you're missing something here."

Interestingly enough, there's some interesting stuff in this. I do wonder if the whole mini-event for the months will hurt it and maybe going all out with these new characters as the new status quo for a year or two would be better. I've kinda dipped from DC (and Marvel outside of X-Men) this last year but this event has piqued by interest. It feels fresh but also kinda feels like potential filler. I hope some of these characters are hits and they use characters here who are successful going forward. Basically, fingers crossed it isn't Convergence 2.0

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

That's what people keep echoing and saying buuuuut I think DC is gonna have a "GOTCHA" moment. People think this is only for two months but Yara Flor is already gaining more traction than any other Wonder Woman character ever has. She's getting a show and a mini was rumored. They aren't going to ignore her after this ends and leave her in limbo. I think people better stop thinking that none of this is gonna matter.

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    That's what people keep echoing and saying buuuuut I think DC is gonna have a "GOTCHA" moment. People think this is only for two months but Yara Flor is already gaining more traction than any other Wonder Woman character ever has. She's getting a show and a mini was rumored. They aren't going to ignore her after this ends and leave her in limbo. I think people better stop thinking that none of this is gonna matter.
    To be honest I was expecting DC would incorporate what worked about Future State into the main, present-day, continuity but in a way that doesn't interfere with the main heroes.

So Yara gets to be in the main continuity, but as Wonder Girl instead of Wonder Woman.

I HATE these types of sentiments.

Plenty of elseworld stories that don't impact long term continuity, plenty of minis that don't...

If a story is good, interesting to read it doesn't need to have some long term impact on whats a dubious continuity as is.

READ stories on the merit of there own story telling.

Frankly stories told 20 years ago can be awesome but don't impact anything current...

You'd seriously say, SKIP 2 MONTHS OF STORIES, cause they don't impact future stories.

Thats like saying you won't watch nolans the dark knight because it doesn't impact The Batman.

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    I think DC hit on the "possible future" angle hard, knowing full well they were always planning on taking pieces to add to the current continuity (whatever it shapes up to be) and moving the universe in a direction not dissimilar to what they are attempting to do with Future State, in order to keep the old heads and the psuedo-gatekeepers docile enough to actually give it a shot. I mean, Tynion had been already steering elements to set up a connection to whatever Ridley's been cooking with Next Batman for a while now; and like you said, they're already setting up shop for Yara Flor to have her own Naomi style push.

side note: would've been nice to see Naomi in Future State but I really want to see a Naomi x Yara Flor crossover team-up down the road.

currently following:

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    I think DC hit on the "possible future" angle hard, knowing full well they were always planning on taking pieces to add to the current continuity (whatever it shapes up to be) and moving the universe in a direction not dissimilar to what they are attempting to do with Future State, in order to keep the old heads and the psuedo-gatekeepers docile enough to actually give it a shot. I mean, Tynion had been already steering elements to set up a connection to whatever Ridley's been cooking with Next Batman for a while now; and like you said, they're already setting up shop for Yara Flor to have her own Naomi style push.

side note: would've been nice to see Naomi in Future State but I really want to see a Naomi x Yara Flor crossover team-up down the road.
    I think we're seeing a point where the current books were supposed to lead into Future State as 5G but now the books are likely going to go in their own direction without needing to adhere strictly to that plan.

With Yara becoming Wonder Girl we'll probably see her team-up with her teen hero contemporaries.