Page 4 of 74 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

Thread: DC Future State

Some interesting designs and ideas, but also some not so great ones. Don't really know what to make of it all. I do wonder if any of this will carry over into their books after Future Slate.

Red X showing up feels completely out of nowhere, haha. It is weird how his character only appeared in a couple of episodes of the TT cartoon with one of those just being Robin under the mask, but fans have been wanting him in the comics for such a long time. I guess fans just REALLY love anti-heroes, haha. Having him appear in this event feels weird. I guess it might be Damian? Since he was giving up the Robin identity in the TT book I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Neon Catwoman is so glam.
    Joker War really predicted the future, minus the long hair...

Oh wow. Red X. That's surprising but awesome.

Also guessing Jackson as the new Aquaman was influenced by the most recent Young Justice season.

Really liking the Fox Batman design.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm honestly more comfortable with this as a two-month event than a full-scale initiative that would've dictated the line for a few years.
    Tend to agree. If the stories that they are using are cobbled together from the 5G plans, ooff, I'm glad we dodged a long term bullet and can understand why Scott went over Dans head.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Oh wow. Red X. That's surprising but awesome.
    I'm kind of surprised it took them this long to port him to the comics.
    Really liking the Fox Batman design.
    Looks like he has two Batman looks between his Batman book and Justice League.

I'm honestly more comfortable with this as a two-month event than a full-scale initiative that would've dictated the line for a few years.

Kind of surprised to see Zatanna back in her classic look with a dash of Raven (not that I mind). She doesn't seem mentioned in any of the announced titles.
    She’ll be in JLD under Ram V I wager.

I'm kind of surprised it took them this long to port him to the comics.

Looks like he has two Batman looks between his Batman book and Justice League.
    I like his Justice League look a little more because it's a little more removed from typical Batman suit but still very clearly and objectively Batman; but both look pretty dope to me. I'm just glad they didn't go powersuit Batman.
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 10-15-2020 at 10:44 AM.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

What is with her leg??? Awkward.

I recognize some really good artists on this event. The writers, tho, are either trash or unknowns to me. Great jumping off point for readers on the fence.
    Being a "Person of Interest" doesn't make you an interesting person.

They finally brought back Wonder Woman's swimsuit, just with a different Wonder Woman .
    Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    I like his Justice League look a little more because it's a little more removed from typical Batman suit but still very clearly and objectively Batman; buy both look pretty dope to me. I'm just glad they didn't go powersuit Batman.
    JL definitely looks more Luke with the all-black metallic look. His other costume seems like just the Rebirth Batsuit with his face covered.

Hey! Let's put all but one of the minorities on the right side! There's an idea.
    Being a "Person of Interest" doesn't make you an interesting person.

Quote Originally Posted by Ropeburn View Post

Hey! Let's put all but one of the minorities on the right side! There's an idea.
    I don't expect it was deliberate.

that's probably because the left side appears to be the old guard, and the right is the new; and since DC's past is overwhelmingly white...
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

What is with her leg??? Awkward.

I recognize some really good artists on this event. The writers, tho, are either trash or unknowns to me. Great jumping off point for readers on the fence.
    It’s a good thing that DC is finally bringing on new blood. Far better than what we were getting before where it was the same group of dudes who had been heading up the mainline since the 90s. DC needs to start looking for their next Donny Cates or Al Ewing instead of putting Dan Jurgens in charge of events for the 50th time.

where is the lanterns? :/
    Last edited by staptik777; 10-15-2020 at 10:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    that's probably because the left side appears to be the old guard, and the right is the new; and since DC's past is overwhelmingly white...
    This.
    What bothers me more is the amount of legacies of the same usual (white) suspects and no sign of ones inspired by original minorities like Vixen, Cyborg, Bronze Tiger or Black Lightning.
    Like all that matters is the legacy of the white heroes, even if their replacements are mostly POC.