Page 47 of 74 FirstFirst ... 3743444546474849505157 ... LastLast

Thread: DC Future State

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    The solicits for Aquaman really do make it seem more like DC Universe: Voyager, which is pretty cool. I imagine they'll be overjoyed to see her again.
    It sounded more like "Future State Aquagirl: Guest Starring Jackson Hyde as Aquaman!"

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It sounded more like "Future State Aquagirl: Guest Starring Jackson Hyde as Aquaman!"
    It can turn into that, but it sounds like while the plot may be about her, Jackson may have a larger role in the book than first blush implies.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    It can turn into that, but it sounds like while the plot may be about her, Jackson may have a larger role in the book than first blush implies.
    Yeah, it's all in the execution, I just find it funny how much of the story seems based around someone who isn't the supposed title character .

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I sure hope so! There's no reason why Andy can't be 'Aquaman'. It's more a title than a gendered name.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    I sure hope so! There's no reason why Andy can't be 'Aquaman'. It's more a title than a gendered name.
    She's Aquawoman, though.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

I really hope Aquman isn't focused on Andy too much. Shes already going to be in JL. The solicits sound very Andy heavy though.

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    I really hope Aquman isn't focused on Andy too much. Shes already going to be in JL. The solicits sound very Andy heavy though.
    Agreed. Hopefully Jackson will get his due .

The Next Batman #1 variant cover by Olivier Coipel
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Future State Suicide Squad Preview

Bleeding Cool posted 2 panels from this preview a few weeks ago, I forgot in which article, but someone gets killed, cbr gave away who but if you don't want to know avoid this preview.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post

The Next Batman #1 variant cover by Olivier Coipel
    I'm guessing we're going to see his mask get broken in one of the Future State stories.
    Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    Future State Suicide Squad Preview

Bleeding Cool posted 2 panels from this preview a few weeks ago, I forgot in which article, but someone gets killed, cbr gave away who but if you don't want to know avoid this preview.
    So, Mongal, Brainaic, and Sinestro?

Extraordinary Member

More Future State: Aquaman art:

Spectacular Member

It's interesting. I assumed Future State was going to be like Convergence. Largely skippable and and a place holder while DC set up a new reboot. But it seems it will really matter as a lot of the characters and creative teams are carrying over. Makes me more excited to check out some of the books

Quote Originally Posted by Hcmarvel View Post
    It's interesting. I assumed Future State was going to be like Convergence. Largely skippable and and a place holder while DC set up a new reboot. But it seems it will really matter as a lot of the characters and creative teams are carrying over. Makes me more excited to check out some of the books
    We all thought the same. We were wrong. It is going to matter. Although we did have some inkling that some Future State stuff would matter since the Magistrate will be popping up in Tynion’s Batman run.

I think it'll matter in terms of the creative teams and some Future State elements but probably not handcuff writers to the Future State versions or status quo's.

Like Aquaman will still probably be focused on Arthur Curry as Aquaman instead of Jackson Hyde, even if the Jackson Hyde Aquaman writer will now be on the book (I assume).

Astonishing Member

They will prevent the Future State itself, as I understand it. At least the accession of the Magistrate, the banishment of Superman, the destruction of the Academy, deaths of Wally, Roy, Bart, etc. On the other hand, the plots will unfold around the perspective of these events. But it will not be canon anyway, they themselves say that it's just a possible future.
    But it's really a good way to introduce creative teams.