Page 5 of 74 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast

Thread: DC Future State

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    It’s a good thing that DC is finally bringing on new blood. Far better than what we were getting before where it was the same group of dudes who had been heading up the mainline since the 90s. DC needs to start looking for their next Donny Cates or Al Ewing instead of putting Dan Jurgens in charge of events for the 50th time.
    Also I can see that the rumors about them looking to animation/TV people was accurate with John Ridley, Geoffrey Thorne, Brandon Vietti, and Tim Sheridan writing books.

Although that Future State Flash sounds absolutely terrible.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

This is clearly just filler material between this continuity and whatever big reboot they have planned for next year. Take Didio's crappy idea and use it as a segway between continuities.
    Assassinate Putin!

Astonishing Member

I'm annoyed that Donna got shafted again.

No future Outsiders?

I wouldn’t mind seeing the 5g aquaman and wonder woman sticking around in some capacity, but i’ll pass on the rest of this.

I was taught if you don't have anything nice to say then keep your mouth shut.that being said NO COMMENT.

Incredible Member

Not saying you're wrong, but the following sentence from CBR's article seems to imply there isn't a big reboot pending. I believe Jim Lee had also previously stated they weren't rebooting.

"March 2021 will see DC's normal publishing lineup return, continuing existing storylines from 2020 and introducing new arcs for the year."

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    This is clearly just filler material between this continuity and whatever big reboot they have planned for next year. Take Didio's crappy idea and use it as a segway between continuities.
    Not saying you're wrong, but the following sentence from CBR's article seems to imply there isn't a big reboot pending. I believe Jim Lee had also previously stated they weren't rebooting.

"March 2021 will see DC's normal publishing lineup return, continuing existing storylines from 2020 and introducing new arcs for the year."

Quote Originally Posted by sbp1972 View Post

That's just a PR stunt. Both this and Endless Winter are clear attempts at buying time before the next relaunch.
    They may not make the big splash that was the New 52, but they'll certainly launch new runs on their high profile books and needed time to put everything in place due to their plans having changed after Didio's firing.

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    i doubt they're planning on a full reboot of continuity anytime soon, especially since we're going right back to the same post-Flashpoint continuity we've been on after February. this seems more like a showcase for characters concepts and new talent, writers and artists, to see fan reception for this new editorial era; kinda throwing spaghetti at a wall to see what sticks. a lot of old heads were quick to dismiss 5G as a "crappy idea" but the reception was more mixed then a unified groan. there was a lot of interest from fans about some of the propositions 5G entailed, so they're graverobbing some elements since 5G was probably already in motion anyway before the pandemic, the diamond departure, and Didio's firing hit and disrupted the company. we'd have to see how DC plays it on the day to get a full idea of what they want out of this tho.

it may be a future-based event but who knows how, if at all, they might connect it to the main continuity in-story. it could end and we already start seeing the main continuity start to take this shape in its aftermath; effectively making this a mission statement rather than a patchjob for all we know. obviously, it is a patchjob and probably not a straight-up mission statement for DC over the next 10 years , I'm just saying.
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 10-15-2020 at 10:03 PM.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Incredible Member

I thought I was going to be annoyed by DC taking a two month break, but this overall looks like a fun divergence. Actually kind of excited.

Really nice to see Zatanna back in a classic style outfit with fishnets. I hope she adopts it when we get back to the main comics in the present.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    That's just a PR stunt. Both this and Endless Winter are clear attempts at buying time before the next relaunch.
    They may not make the big splash that was the New 52, but they'll certainly launch new runs on their high profile books and needed time to put everything in place due to their plans having changed after Didio's firing.
    Sure, I would expect a relaunch. It's been four years, sales are "meh" for the most part, and DC/Marvel love nothing more than a new coat of paint. But, I was replying to the possibility of a reboot, which is an all-together different animal.

Astonishing Member

As cool as this appears, I gotta say it feels like a waste to only have it be a mere 2 months long. That's way too short a timespan to really do justice to this type of concept and the ideas that'd naturally spring forth from it. And on top of that, there's still a lack of characters here who should be here. No Duke/The Signal is very annoying. No Blue Beetle, Sideways, Vibe or seemingly anyone of Hispanic ethnicity. No one from the New Age of Heroes who's time to shine would logically be now. Only a Lantern that can't be discerned plus maybe Jo? Where the frick is Simon? And Wallace is AWOL unless he really is the JL Flash like lemonpeace surmises.

And as mentioned, it seems the only Legacies of Color are Legacies of White characters. No Black character Legacies to be found (Exxy, where you at?!).

Then there's the odd choice to promote Jackson to Aquaman, but then omit him from being on the Justice League?

Like, this type of thing is brilliant, but it needs time and the proper space to actually, naturally flesh itself out. And that cannot be justly achieved in the span of 2 mere months. That just screams a bunch of one-shots, which feels like a disservice to any earnest efforts to explore such an intriguing and fun concept.

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    here's a closer look at the Future League's Flash, they appear to be male

it very well could be a new character given the hair color but I would like to believe it's a future Wallace who's had some kind of scifi/speedforce situation that changed his hair.
    If that is Wallace who went through some things and came back stronger, that'd certainly be something to look into/keep a close eye on. But again, not sure how that can be done its due diligence in only 2 months.

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    I'm annoyed that Donna got shafted again.

No future Outsiders?
    future Outsiders are in The Next Batman, led by Katana

We don't know is it's going to be the same team with Duke, Cass, and the rest. although, Cass is also appearing in Future State as Batgirls with Steph Brown in one of the Batman titles and Duke is appearing in his own Future Justice League story in his Darkmultiverse one-shot at the end of the month before; so it's possible it's them plus some new faces and maybe Geo-force and/or Black Lightning or someone from their family, if i had to make a guess. Maybe they'll make Donna on the team too.
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 10-15-2020 at 11:37 AM.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Astonishing Member

Also, Wally getting brought back just to get possessed is dumb. If I didn't know any better I'd say Didio was still running the show

This Flash is someone new from the Multiverse.

"Witness the start of a new era for the Justice League starring Jonathan Kent as Superman, Yara Flor as Wonder Woman, Jo Mullein as Green Lantern, Andy Curry as Aquawoman, a new Flash from the Multiverse, and [REDACTED] as Batman! Together, they protect the future, yet apart, their identities are secret even from one another—but why? When their greatest adversaries wind up murdered in an abandoned Hall of Justice, all clues point to...the Justice League! The new team's adventures begin here!"