Page 50 of 74 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460 ... LastLast

Thread: DC Future State

Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    The blonde girl in the preview for Titans Academy looks to be the Flash character in the new Suicide Squad.

I wonder if if the character always had an amputation or if it was just something that happened because of Future State. She's one of the new characters I've seen get some attention alongside Yara.
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    Red X might be the most significant part about this. I feel like even if the sales are not that great this will just show us what they have planned for the character.
    It definitely feels like the big appeal to this book is learning who Red X is.

I am curious if people wanted Red X to be a new character behind the mask or an old/familiar character behind the mask.

Quote Originally Posted by OopsIdiditagain View Post
    I wonder if if the character always had an amputation or if it was just something that happened because of Future State. She's one of the new characters I've seen get some attention alongside Yara.
    I feel like half of the appeal of this Flash is b/c of her striking design, I mean I saw speculation about her hair and legs, that's how far it went. So if she's not a double amputee in the present wouldn't that dim the initial interest people have in the character.

Although I love the idea of something happening in Future State that made her lose her legs, hell why even wait for Future State, she can be what Barbara Gordon used to be when she was Oracle, before DC took back that disability.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Cass Cain and Tanya Spears are being used in Future Slate.

Naomi is a case where only the creator will write her, (at least for now)

I do miss Lorena and even Vibe.

We’ll probably get a little Blue Beetle news soon.
    Maaaan, Vibe was done dirty with the creation of Sideways like WTF!!!!

So is the girl in the back supposed to be a human Halo, like the one from the YJ show?

Ismt their a char cter who wears clothes like the kind with the mask and hoodie over it?

Grodds kid?

A vampire?

Wally west deaged?

The leader of the mutants from frank miller's dark knight books?

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    It definitely feels like the big appeal to this book is learning who Red X is.

I am curious if people wanted Red X to be a new character behind the mask or an old/familiar character behind the mask.
    I want it to be a familiar civilian, not someone we have seen fighting crime before or a police officer who does not usually have that big of a role.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post
    So is the girl in the back supposed to be a human Halo, like the one from the YJ show?

Ismt their a char cter who wears clothes like the kind with the mask and hoodie over it?

Grodds kid?

A vampire?

Wally west deaged?

The leader of the mutants from frank miller's dark knight books?
    Grodd’s kid is an adult. He has grown grandchildren. The Ape from “Angel and The Ape” is his grandson.

I was hoping Red x was Clownhunter but I'd be ok with someone new. Having Red X be someone established recontextualizes him so someone new keeps the mystique.

I thought the kid with the hoodie was Ragman related and the big dude with the bat logo was Colin one of Damian's friends from Gotham.

I thought the two girls in the front were Jefferson's cousins. The Black lightning miniseries retconned his daughters to be his cousins instead.

No idea who the silver guy, blond kid with Green shirt, or ape dude are.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 12-08-2020 at 01:22 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I was hoping Red x was Clownhunter but I'd be ok with someone new. Having Red X be someone established recontextualizes him so someone new keeps the mystique.

I thought the kid with the hoodie was Ragman related and the big dude with the bat logo was Colin one of Damian's friends from Gotham.

I thought the two girls in the front were Jefferson's cousins. The Black lightning miniseries retconned his daughters to be his cousins instead.

People notice the black girl on the right looks awfully close to the amputee Flash in Future Slate Suicide Squad.
    Plus she has a Flash pin.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    People notice the black girl on the right looks awfully close to the amputee Flash in Future Slate Suicide Squad.
    Plus she has a Flash pin.
    Which is kind of noticeable when three other characters have Batman paraphernalia.

Nah the 2 black female characters on the cover are not related to Jefferson, and I think they would be wearing some type of memorabilia related to Black Lightning if that was case too.

And apparently in DC's Endless Winter, they made Anissa and Jennifer his daughters again.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Which is kind of noticeable when three other characters have Batman paraphernalia.
    I hope all 3 of them aren't batman related characters tho, I mean one of them has a Joker pin on their jacket so I'm assuming not all the paraphernalia points to what their costume or hero identity will be.
    Last edited by kurenai24; 12-08-2020 at 06:48 PM.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

Jefferson's daughters are his daughters again as of Endless Winter #1. people are thinking the girl on the right is the amputee Flash in Future State which makes sense considering the hair matches her's more than either of Jefferson's girls. the one on the left I have no idea who she could be. someone posited she could be Tiffany Fox because of the Batman paraphernalia. I'm not too sure of that but I don't have a better theory
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 12-08-2020 at 09:05 PM.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Besouro View Post
    Maaaan, Vibe was done dirty with the creation of Sideways like WTF!!!!
    No, not really? In spite of any similarities, Vibe and Sideways occupy different enough corners that one's existence does not effect the other's. They can both exist and be used at the same time.

The issue lies in that DC isn't using either ofthem, not in any similarities they might share.

Astonishing Member

Still holding out for Red X = Bao Pham, myself. They even have similar enough builds that it could be see as Bao who had a bit of a growth spurt that made him taller and filled him out more.

A Ragman legacy would be cool. (I like the character, and feel like the only one who enjoyed his Rebirth mini and wish that iteration would get a follow-up.) And if the big guy is Colin/Abuse with dyed hair, that would be something to see him again, and sans the context of Damian Wayne, after all these years.

Ragman had a young sidekick during the Trinity series called Tatters maybe this is his mainstream version. https://comicvine.gamespot.com/tatters/4005-58286/

The vampire looking one could be a child of Man-Bat.

The simian could be a revamped Gorbul Mammit https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Gorbul_Mammit_(New_Earth)

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lonewolf36 View Post
    Ragman had a young sidekick during the Trinity series called Tatters maybe this is his mainstream version. https://comicvine.gamespot.com/tatters/4005-58286/

The vampire looking one could be a child of Man-Bat.

The simian could be a revamped Gorbul Mammit https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Gorbul_Mammit_(New_Earth)
    Great research @Lonewolf36 !!!

Especially if that albino is either Rebecca or Aaron Langstrom, Man-bat’s children.

If most of these are previous one-shot or obscure characters, I’ll totally change my response to the book.