Page 52 of 74 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662 ... LastLast

Thread: DC Future State

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Maybe Gotham's no longer a totalitarian dictatorship that requires him to hide his identity so thoroughly?
    that's what I was also thinking, but when I found a better resolution picture I noticed he's clean shaven; which gave me pause considering Tim has been drawn with the goatee, so I would imagine he'd had a fuller beard or a similar goatee this far into the future. more likely than not it's just typical DC inconsistency but it's also something that could mean something.

Last edited by lemonpeace; 12-14-2020 at 06:34 PM. Reason: beard not build smh
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    that's what I was also thinking, but when I found a better resolution picture I noticed he's clean shaven; which gave me pause considering Tim has been drawn with the goatee, so I would imagine he'd had a fuller build or a similar goatee this far into the future. more likely than not it's just typical DC inconsistency but it's also something that could mean something.

Could be being on the Justice League makes him go for a more clean-cut Superhero look. His costume is more "colorful" than his original Batman look, too.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

I swear to god if someone says it makes him too recognizable while Ollie gets to rock the most idiosyncratic beard in comics, I'mma lose it.

Extraordinary Member

Some Future State Aquaman art:

Could be being on the Justice League makes him go for a more clean-cut Superhero look. His costume is more "colorful" than his original Batman look, too.
    iunno about all that. given the Batman archetype, I don't think his League "image" would be something he'd care about enough to switch up his look to a more "clean-cut" look. I think it's more likely either an artist flub/inconsistency or a different dude under the mask; and either a suit to show progression or a new dude for why the suit is different. maybe DC is having second thoughts on him being completely masked up now that they've dropped the reveal, and are walking it back a little.
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 12-14-2020 at 09:30 PM.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    iunno about all that. given the Batman archetype, I don't think his League "image" would be something he'd care about enough to switch up his look to a more "clean-cut" look. I think it's more likely either an artist flub/inconsistency or a different dude under the mask; and either a suit to show progression or a new dude for why the suit is different. maybe DC is having second thoughts on him being completely masked up now that they've dropped the reveal, and are walking it back a little.
    Bruce changed costumes and looks to indicate different periods in his life, like going from the Year One look to the Dynamic Duo/Golden Age era suit with the blue/grey and yellow oval or to the dark Burton-esque costume after Knightfall, so it's not unheard of for Batman.

I assume the facemask is now just a battle mask like Optimus Prime's.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Vibe did get a short-lived solo in the new 52 so they did try to revamp him.

His problems were tied to his intro in the 80s. Fans have long memories and they hold grudges.

Sideways doesn't hurt Vibe to me.
    They could do worse than just make Vibe like his Arrowverse version.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

Future State: Aquaman #1:

Extraordinary Member

So her telepathy is red and...maybe more forceful and widespread compared to her dad's? She seems to have her mom's temper.

Man I want so bad for Jackson Hyde and Andy to become the main duo in the regular comics. Orin and Mera could stay as rulers of Atlantis.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Man I want so bad for Jackson Hyde and Andy to become the main duo in the regular comics. Arthur and Mera could stay as rulers of Atlantis.
    Fixed for you .

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Man I want so bad for Jackson Hyde and Andy to become the main duo in the regular comics. Orin and Mera could stay as rulers of Atlantis.
    Jackson Hyde yes, but I’m not interested in him being shuffled off to the side for Andy.

So her telepathy is red and...maybe more forceful and widespread compared to her dad's? She seems to have her mom's temper.
    Yeah, She looks like her mom when she is angry

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    Jackson Hyde yes, but I’m not interested in him being shuffled off to the side for Andy.
    He doesn't have to be shuffled aside at all. It can be a duo book