Page 53 of 74 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763 ... LastLast

Thread: DC Future State

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    Jackson Hyde yes, but I’m not interested in him being shuffled off to the side for Andy.
    they can be both, no need to shuffle one or another aside, none at the moment are big enough to carry the title by themselves.
    Both need to be developed. To most readers Jackson is unknown quantity, after all he has been re-introduced in Aquaman book just a year ago.
    Andy is currently a baby, so she needs more development of her character. But if she gets the power set of both her parents, she could be one of the major players in FS. She also has the advantage of being the heir to both Atlantis and Xebel.
    But unlike Jackson she is much younger than him, he has that advantage to be a mentor, as her father was with him.

They can strike a balance, after all Aquaman book is about Mera and Arthur, it can be so with FS, Andy and Jackson.

Extraordinary Member

i'm just over here, fiending like Tyrone Biggums, waiting for an Outsiders preview. lemme see Black Lightning and Signal goshdarnit!
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by MarFarr View Post
    they can be both, no need to shuffle one or another aside, none at the moment are big enough to carry the title by themselves.
    Both need to be developed. To most readers Jackson is unknown quantity, after all he has been re-introduced in Aquaman book just a year ago.
    Andy is currently a baby, so she needs more development of her character. But if she gets the power set of both her parents, she could be one of the major players in FS. She also has the advantage of being the heir to both Atlantis and Xebel.
    But unlike Jackson she is much younger than him, he has that advantage to be a mentor, as her father was with him.

They can strike a balance, after all Aquaman book is about Mera and Arthur, it can be so with FS, Andy and Jackson.
    We don't know that.

The losers with hate run youtube pages don't know either.

None does bitter comic book guy.

You don't know until you give them a shot be it mini or in name only monthly series.

Someone took a risk on Cassandra Cain-she proved a Batgirl title could sell. She proved an Asian female lead series could sell.
    Nobody know Moon Girl or Squirrel Girl were. They got more solo books than a LOT of well know females like Storm and Emma.
    Ms Marvel was EXPECTED to fail. When her run ends next year she would have had 75 solo issues.

Jackson has his own OGN. Not Cyborg with all the exposure in media he has.

You don't know until you TRY.

The ONLY good thing about the pandemic is it got book sales UP. Now is the time to try whatever you want.

If they get 6 issues-so what.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    We don't know that.

The losers with hate run youtube pages don't know either.

None does bitter comic book guy.

You don't know until you give them a shot be it mini or in name only monthly series.

Someone took a risk on Cassandra Cain-she proved a Batgirl title could sell. She proved an Asian female lead series could sell.
    Nobody know Moon Girl or Squirrel Girl were. They got more solo books than a LOT of well know females like Storm and Emma.
    Ms Marvel was EXPECTED to fail. When her run ends next year she would have had 75 solo issues.

Jackson has his own OGN. Not Cyborg with all the exposure in media he has.

You don't know until you TRY.

The ONLY good thing about the pandemic is it got book sales UP. Now is the time to try whatever you want.

If they get 6 issues-so what.
    I tend to agree with you, I always like a wait and see approach, but Jackson was part of a book that the pandemic and not, was not kind in terms of sales. It might not be back in March for that reason. Seems the filler in August and September with Jackson as solo, registered the lowest ever sales in the history of the book. If the main title doesn't comeback in March, Jackson like the other characters will have to wait some time before we can see them in a comic that regards only the Aquaworld.

I believe that Future state has the potential to be a success, which can benefit both characters of Jackson and Andy. However The Last thing it needs is pitting fans of these characters against the other. They are both on the same boat, if it sinks they both sink. Both can shine and have the potential to do.
    Last edited by Goldrake; 12-16-2020 at 07:33 PM.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    i'm just over here, fiending like Tyrone Biggums, waiting for an Outsiders preview. lemme see Black Lightning and Signal goshdarnit!
    THANK YOU. I've been hoping to hear SOMETHING about that book continuing. I miss Jeff and Tatsu.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    THANK YOU. I've been hoping to hear SOMETHING about that book continuing. I miss Jeff and Tatsu.
    well, we know the future state run is being continued in a 3 issue story in the batman urban legends anthology.

So has anyone else been reading BC's Future State gossip articles b/c some of them are really intriguing...
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    So has anyone else been reading BC's Future State gossip articles b/c some of them are really intriguing...
    Nope, I try to not be spoiled from now on. We're getting close to January, I don't want to learn too much in advance XD !

You mean the JL rumor?

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Nope, I try to not be spoiled from now on. We're getting close to January, I don't want to learn too much in advance XD !
    I shouldn't spoil myself but everytime I see a new article I click on it.

Quote Originally Posted by MosSuperman View Post
    You mean the JL rumor?
    I mean eveything, from Tim Fox batman to Yara Flor, to Justice League.

Although having just recently read the one about Justice League had mw making my original comment in the first place.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

Not happy about anything Flash related...

so this is only going to be two months or this is the new status qup going forward?
    The J-man

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    so this is only going to be two months or this is the new status qup going forward?
    Just two months.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    little bit of column a, little bit of column b. it's a two month event but it's clearly informing the status quo going forward; you can tell by the way they have Future State characters in the Infinite Frontier spread showcasing the DC landscape after then event. we also know a healthy amount of the creative teams, characters, and concepts are going to be all over the contemporary timeline come March and April. so while Future State isn't the exact status quo, the new status quo is contingent on Future State.

although, you will hear a lot of "fans" claiming it's just filler and that it all will aperate into nothingness once March comes. this is what we call "denial"
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 12-21-2020 at 11:26 AM.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."