Page 55 of 74 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965 ... LastLast

Thread: DC Future State

The key word in Future State, is "possible". FS is about possible futures, some to be avoided, so while what happens in Future State will informe some stories on DCU, the very premise of it says that no all of it is bound to happen.

Basically, they will keep whatever works and trow away what doesn't like aways. Bruce Wayne is not going away, at least not for long, maybe he will share the mantle with Tim Fox, but no way will DC retire it's main source of income.

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    The key word in Future State, is "possible". FS is about possible futures, some to be avoided, so while what happens in Future State will informe some stories on DCU, the very premise of it says that no all of it is bound to happen.

Basically, they will keep whatever works and trow away what doesn't like aways. Bruce Wayne is not going away, at least not for long, maybe he will share the mantle with Tim Fox, but no way will DC retire it's main source of income.
    I agree. And this way, they won't have to deal with months of trying to build up a new character amidst all the people bitching and moaning about how they hate it. Now we get to see the end result of these new characters in their final heroic form first, then let people decide who they like, rather than not giving them a chance before they get there.

I'd probably have Tim Fox take on The Dark Detective look that Bruce is rocking in Future State.

Astonishing Member

Agreed

Anything set in the future is always just possible future

They'll change it any time, including if it happens and they want to try on it

The DC universe is fantastic fantasy after all

Seems that something that appeared in Bleeding Cool has not gone down with fans, without even knowing if its true or not, many have jumped to conclusions.

https://www.gamesradar.com/future-st...-the-dc-event/

New details about Future State: Outsiders.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by MarFarr View Post
    Seems that something that appeared in Bleeding Cool has not gone down with fans, without even knowing if its true or not, many have jumped to conclusions.
    One of the people in the comment section is also a RETAILOR who claims to have gotten copies of the books and has offered opinions on certain books.

Gamerader seems to have copies as well.

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    I mean eveything, from Tim Fox batman to Yara Flor, to Justice League.

Although having just recently read the one about Justice League had mw making my original comment in the first place.
    I've gone back and checked out the JL preview pages and it doesn't fit with what bleeding cool says. Its just a preview so who knows. Haven't read the others.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    One of the people in the comment section is also a RETAILOR who claims to have gotten copies of the books and has offered opinions on certain books.

Gamerader seems to have copies as well.
    actually it was about no more fraternization in JL

I just read the rumors/spoilers from Bleeding Cool about Future State Suicide Squad and found out the hero name to the double amputee Flash, I'm so glad she will most likely not be called Kid Flash in Titans Academy ...now I just need confirmation that I'm right about my assumption.

The Future State Flash spoilers really did nothing for me, that still remains the book I care least about.

Quote Originally Posted by MosSuperman View Post
    I've gone back and checked out the JL preview pages and it doesn't fit with what bleeding cool says. Its just a preview so who knows. Haven't read the others.
    The JL stuff that BC talked about sounds like background info for why the JL in Future State don't trust each other since that was what was mentioned in the solicitations or interviews, so nothing really spoilery was stated but I hope we do find out the mystery though I don't see that being planted in the present DC universe/timeline.

The Future State Flash spoilers really did nothing for me, that still remains the book I care least about..
    I think you're with the majority on that one.

I just read the gossip, a lot of it feels more like establishing tone but it's pretty spoilery. Wally killing Wallace is such a weird story choice, I don't see why they need to have Wally coerced into killing again after we just did it; and did Wallace really have to be the one to get killed? like they've been so weird with Wallace, I really would've loved to see him finally depicted as being fully realized. The Flash is the one I'm most put off by because their story choices are kinda head-scratching, but I'm still morbidly curious enough to see what's going on there.
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 12-23-2020 at 11:11 AM.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Oh are we just stating things now, ok, well the Flash with the double amputee is named Bolt, and I love it, I can't wait to see her in Titans Academy and I'm glad she was on the Infinite Frontier cover.

Also Kid Quick Flash and double amputee Flash aka Bolt are not the same characters, I keep seeing them mixed up, one has blonde hair, one has white hair, one has a visible bust, one does not, one has legs, the other does not.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think you're with the majority on that one.
    Maybe it's more interesting than it sounds ...or at least I hope it is b/c right now it feels like a rehash.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

Oh are we just stating things now, ok, well the Flash with the double amputee is named Bolt, and I love it, I can't wait to see her in Titans Academy and I'm glad she was on the Infinite Frontier cover.

Also Kid Quick Flash and double amputee Flash aka Bolt are not the same characters, I keep seeing them mixed up, one has blonde hair, one has white hair, one has a visible bust, one does not, one has legs, the other does not.

Maybe it's more interesting than it sounds ...or at least I hope it is b/c right now it feels like a rehash.
    oh, we wasn't supposed to be saying nothing? I thought it was just rumors and light spoilers, no different from the Impulse death reveal or Wallace and the Titan's Graveyard reveal.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    oh, we wasn't supposed to be saying nothing? I thought it was just rumors and light spoilers, no different from the Impulse death reveal or Wallace and the Titan's Graveyard reveal.
    I wanted to kind of speculate on all the rumors and spoilers but it seems like the Batman ones are really detailed and the ones that are light on spoilers like Future State Flash, Wonder Woman, and Justice League ...I'm not sure what people would consider spoilery so I was kind of talking around it to avoid that ...although I could have just used the spoiler tag to avoid that.

~~~~

What are people thoughts on Yara spoilers:
    leaving the Justice League and not wanting to be apart of it b/c it's associated with the United Planets. I had to check the timeline but Superman vs Impervious Lex happens in the same time frame and Lois and Clark are still involved with the United Planets during that time. So I'm very curious how they'll frame this since they could have the whole Superman family looking questionable.
    end of spoilers

Also BC mentioned that the Justice League spoilers:
    kept expanding and then one of the heroes (or maybe they were a double agent all this time) betrayed the league and revealed the heroes identies to v and that has effected future iterations of the Justice League ...and we know that it effects the Future State Justice League b/c it's already been revealed they don't trust each other nor do they know each other's identies.

Do ya'll think we'll be introduced to this betrayer in present DC or is that gonna remain a mystery?
    end of spoilers
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer