Page 56 of 74 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066 ... LastLast

Thread: DC Future State

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    I just read the gossip, a lot of it feels more like establishing tone but it's pretty spoilery. Wally killing Wallace is such a weird choice choice, I don't see why they need to have Wally coerced into killing again after we just did it; and did Wallace really have to be the one tonget killed? like they've been so weird with Wallace, I really would've loved to see him finally depicted as being fully realized. The Flash is the one I'm most put off by because they're story choices are kinda head scratching, but I'm still morbidly curious enough to see what's going on there.
    It's not like DC hasn't already shown a propensity for boneheaded decisions regarding the Flash Franchise. Or screwing with people named "Wally."
    Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    Oh are we just stating things now, ok, well the Flash with the double amputee is named Bolt, and I love it, I can't wait to see her in Titans Academy and I'm glad she was on the Infinite Frontier cover.
    Reminds me of the Disney movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Reminds me of the Disney movie.
    I knew someone was gonna bring up that dog 🐕
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    I wanted to kind of speculate on all the rumors and spoilers but it seems like the Batman ones are really detailed and the ones that are light on spoilers like Future State Flash, Wonder Woman, and Justice League ...I'm not sure what people would consider spoilery so I was kind of talking around it to avoid that ...although I could have just used the spoiler tag to avoid that.

~~~~

What are people thoughts on Yara spoilers:
    leaving the Justice League and not wanting to be apart of it b/c it's associated with the United Planets. I had to check the timeline but Superman vs Impervious Lex happens in the same time frame and Lois and Clark are still involved with the United Planets during that time. So I'm very curious how they'll frame this since they could have the whole Superman family looking questionable.
    end of spoilers

Also BC mentioned that the Justice League spoilers:
    kept expanding and then one of the heroes (or maybe they were a double agent all this time) betrayed the league and revealed the heroes identies to v and that has effected future iterations of the Justice League ...and we know that it effects the Future State Justice League b/c it's already been revealed they don't trust each other nor do they know each other's identies.

Do ya'll think we'll be introduced to this betrayer in present DC or is that gonna remain a mystery?
    end of spoilers
    in regards to Yara spoilers:
    Superman vs Impervious Lex takes place right before (20 years) before Superman/Wonder Woman in 2070, I'm not sure how if much Lois and Clark are still involved in the United Planets. considering how far out in the timeline we are at that point. It's like 30 years between JL and S/WW, they could be a new team at this point. I'm curious what the structure of the United Planets is because we don't know the extent of the influence the Superfamily can even have over it for their image to be in question by the actions of the U.P. Lex has for a while now sorta embodied the worst parts of destructive individualist capitalist america, maybe his influence on the U.P leads to the rift? I like the idea of more DC universe politics. i wasn't interested in any of the Superman books, but I was gonna follow Yara's stories, it's looking like i may check those out now. this all sounds pretty interesting
    end of spoilers

As for Justice League spoilers:
    I don't think it'll remain a mystery, i think they'll reveal it in Future State and they'll be their arc in present-day; us seeing if they'll actually betray the heroes or if they'll be redeemed
    end of spoilers
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    https://www.gamesradar.com/future-st...-the-dc-event/

New details about Future State: Outsiders.
    On Katana
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamesradar
    Nrama: Right, Katana is really at the center of most of the first issue. What can you tell readers about her status quo and where her head is at in this Gotham City near future?

Thomas:
    Well, she is (currently) the lone guardian of "the outside." She's the woman on the wall, a force of nature that's made it clear to everyone, even the Magistrate, that her dominion is to be honored and respected at all times.

Whether that's actually the case is something the story deals with directly, but I'd say the thing she's battling more than anything, in the beginning, is a sense of loneliness and deep isolation. We don't deal much with how her current status came to be, just the emotional effects it's having on her mission right now, and again, this is another element that feels very much on a lot of people's minds. Even someone as naturally solitary as Katana needs some human interaction to function normally, and we'll have to see if denying that leads to any big problems for her.
    So The Magistrate has walled off his area of Gotham and Katana is the leader of "The Outside", the zone outside the walls, on the fringes of Gotham and provides political asylum. That's actually a really cool premise in this whole fascist Gotham police state scenario. I can already tell i'm gonna wanna see more of The Outside led by Katana as a concept after only 2 issues, i wonder how/if he intends to play with that concept in the present with Urban Legends; probably will only be allowed to let her lead the team or something. I'm curious if they are gonna address the Soultakers new look. it very clearly seems to be magically amped, i wonder if that means she's been upping her magic skills. I also wonder, since this first issue is focused on her and Black Lightning, will be pick up the romantic/sexual tension from the Hill run? I'm not sure how i would feel about that.

On Duke Thomas:
    Nrama: DC has revealed in the solicitation copy Duke Thomas and Black Lightning are the other characters from the last Outsiders incarnation to star in this story. What can you tell us about how we find each character? DC has made no secret Black Lightning shows up as literal black lightning?

Thomas:
    Ha, yeah, I was curious if that was gonna get out there before it shipped, but I won't say much more about Black Lightning and his current status, but Duke's current POV is something that felt like a perfect escalation and gives him a real prominence within this future DCU. His identity as the Signal is public, and he's used that to carve out a role as a face of the resistance, making him a wanted man by the Magistrate. When the issue opens, he's smuggling some protestors out of the city, trying to get them to"the outside" and under the protection of Katana.

So this scary new world has demanded more from everyone, and Duke Thomas is now equally at home giving inspirational speeches, and leading protests/rallies, as he is at busting heads. I loved writing him with this new state of mind, and though he and Katana are initially apart, there's a lot of devotion and commitment still there, and you'll see that on display.
    he also spoke about Duke on Twitter:
    Quote Originally Posted by bwrites247
    You will not be disappointed by Duke's role in Future State Outsiders. #2 is essentially a spotlight issue for him, and predicting people will demand more. LOVED writing him, and it shows.
    As a hardcore Duke fan, i'm supremely happy to see this. I am a little bummed at how unchanged his design is (what appears to be a bland lowcut and his usual Signal armor suit), but this direction is super dope. feels like a natural progression of Signal given his background in We are Robin. I also think this elevated status in Gotham could point to him being the 2045 Batman. It sounds like there is more that Thomas would like to do with Duke in his tweet, so i hope that's an indication that we'll see Duke in his Outsiders story in Urban Legends.

On Black Lightning
    Nrama: DC has revealed in the solicitation copy Duke Thomas and Black Lightning are the other characters from the last Outsiders incarnation to star in this story. What can you tell us about how we find each character? DC has made no secret Black Lightning shows up as literal black lightning?

Thomas:
    Ha, yeah, I was curious if that was gonna get out there before it shipped, but I won't say much more about Black Lightning and his current status.

-----

Nrama: Is there any other past or 'past-future' of the Outsiders that show up in your story?

Thomas:
    Hah, do you mean the previous versions of the book? Something that definitely ties into the most recent Bryan Hill run is an escalation of Black Lightning's powers, which is carried forward in an interesting way here.
    Nothing much more on Black Lightning besides a colored preview image in his energy form. I'm getting a little nervous that they're gonna make
    Dr. Manhattan-ify him but I think they are keeping it close to the vest. it's just a back-up, they probably can only afford to show so much.

THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

currently following:
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

Well, people wanting the black lightning to be Jefferson at this most powerful or an "upgrade" seem like they're getting their wish.

in regards to Yara spoilers:
    Superman vs Impervious Lex takes place right before (20 years) before Superman/Wonder Woman in 2070, I'm not sure how if much Lois and Clark are still involved in the United Planets. considering how far out in the timeline we are at that point. It's like 30 years between JL and S/WW, they could be a new team at this point. I'm curious what the structure of the United Planets is because we don't know the extent of the influence the Superfamily can even have over it for their image to be in question by the actions of the U.P. Lex has for a while now sorta embodied the worst parts of destructive individualist capitalist america, maybe his influence on the U.P leads to the rift? I like the idea of more DC universe politics. i wasn't interested in any of the Superman books, but I was gonna follow Yara's stories, it's looking like i may check those out now. this all sounds pretty interesting
    end of spoilers
    Depending on how long ago Yara spoilers:
    quit the Justice League it could imply the Superman family continued to work with the UP since in 2050 Lois will be an earth ambassador/earth representative for UP in Impervious Lex.

Now you're right that in 2070 we won't know how involved Superman's family is with UP but I don't think it's farfetched to think the reason Jon and Yara don't get along (as mentioned in regards to Superman/Wonder Woman) might involve how they look at things politically.

I'm also inferring or rather taking liberty b/c DC Future State doesn't contradict anything so I see Supergirl becoming president of earth in the future (i.e DC Millineium) as a thing that will happen further in the Future State timeline.

Ultimately I think it's interesting that a new character like Yara is possibly being presented as having opposing views to the Superman family or to at least something the Superman family is connected to even if people might view loosely.
    end of spoilers

As for Justice League spoilers:
    I don't think it'll rloosely. mystery, i think they'll reveal it in Future State and they'll be their arc in present-day; us seeing if they'll actually betray the heroes or if they'll be redeemed
    end of spoilers
    I hope it's a good one and doesn't involve Wally somehow.

I also wonder if this means Bendis JL will expand in the future.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

Extraordinary Member

Future State: Swamp Thing #1 Preview
    Writer: Ram V
    Artist: Mike Perkins

Extraordinary Member

Trades and contents:

damn, they didn't collect Outsiders? I'm guessing they'll collect it with Brandon Thomas' Urban Legends story later.

currently following:

Extraordinary Member

Outsiders is a story in the Future State: The Next Batman anthology, not a stand alone mini so it should be in the Future State: The Next Batman trade I would think.

EDIT:

Looks like Future State: Aquaman isn't listed anywhere, presumably that'll be included in the Justice League trade.
    Last edited by Hypo; 12-25-2020 at 10:40 AM.

I just feel like the Suicide Squad trade should have been called the Titans one or something

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Outsiders is a story in the Future State: The Next Batman anthology, not a stand alone mini so it should be in the Future State: The Next Batman trade I would think.

EDIT:

Looks like Future State: Aquaman isn't listed anywhere, presumably that'll be included in the Justice League trade.
    I know, that's why I'm guessing they're gonna gonna collect it with Thomas' Outsiders story in Urban Legends. maybe they're working toward an another Outsiders trade? or they're just not planning on collecting the story, which would suck.

currently following:

Extraordinary Member

I know, that's why I'm guessing they're gonna gonna collect it with Thomas' Outsiders story in Urban Legends. maybe they're working toward an another Outsiders trade? or they're just not planning on collecting the story, which would suck.
    I'm so confused lol, I'm saying it will be collected in the Batman trade.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    I'm so confused lol, I'm saying it will be collected in the Batman trade.
    oh, I was saying I didn't see it listed in the Batman trade here.

currently following:

Quote Originally Posted by vasir12 View Post
    I just feel like the Suicide Squad trade should have been called the Titans one or something
    I feel the same. But I guess with so many Titans dead it at least fits thematically to call it Suicide Squad...