Page 6 of 74 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast

Thread: DC Future State

Incredible Member

Hmmmm, so it appears to be neither a reboot, or a large scale relaunch. Just read this line in the Newsarama/Gamesradar piece:
    "Then in March, the regular DC title lineup resumes with the numbering of existing series intact, "continuing existing storylines from 2020 and introducing new arcs for the year."

I'd imagine some series may get a new #1. Justice League seems to be an obvious candidate. The last volume basically just existed to be a Death Metal prologue. Whatever Taylor's Suicide Squad follow-up is?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    This Flash is someone new from the Multiverse.

"Witness the start of a new era for the Justice League starring Jonathan Kent as Superman, Yara Flor as Wonder Woman, Jo Mullein as Green Lantern, Andy Curry as Aquawoman, a new Flash from the Multiverse, and [REDACTED] as Batman! Together, they protect the future, yet apart, their identities are secret even from one another—but why? When their greatest adversaries wind up murdered in an abandoned Hall of Justice, all clues point to...the Justice League! The new team's adventures begin here!"
    Ah, I see.

Sucks that no Wallace. Again, I wonder why Andy is here and no Jackson?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    Also, Wally getting brought back just to get possessed is dumb. If I didn't know any better I'd say Didio was still running the show
    Right? First thing I thought, too. Wally West: when you absolutely need someone to kick around!

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    Ah, I see.

from what i gather from some of the solicits/articles, the Justice League book takes place years after some of the solo. so we're in the near future but we're also gonna see a timeskip.
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 10-15-2020 at 12:04 PM.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

This seems designed to both sell toys keep us talking:

Months of speculation on "who's is who" and what happened, sprinkled with some shitting on Wally West because God Knows we we Wally fans will never let a discussion die. Nice move.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

https://twitter.com/thesteveorlando/...01639521628161

Seems Orlando did the story about the South American tribe of Amazons specifically to set this up (presumably back when they thought 5G was gonna be the new status quo).

Ah, I see.

Yeah, andy succeeds him, and why don’t we see him in action?

Ah, I see.

Yeah, andy succeeds him, and we don’t see him in action?

Then there's the odd choice to promote Jackson to Aquaman, but then omit him from being on the Justice League?
    It's not odd at all. There's a time difference. Andy is a teenage Aquagirl in the solo book and an adult Aquawoman in JL.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

Another big pass.

Incredible Member PennyDreadful's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    This seems designed to both sell toys keep us talking:

Months of speculation on "who's is who" and what happened, sprinkled with some shitting on Wally West because God Knows we we Wally fans will never let a discussion die. Nice move.
    At least it's a potential future and won't carry over beyond that (hopefully). Elsewhere, someone speculated this was a castoff from the previous regime.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    This looks so bad. Just more of Didios dark dystopian crap. We dodged a bullet with this one. Probably would have been.the final nail in the coffin for DC.
    Only half of those look dystopian and most of it's in Batfam

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    I don't understand why Red X, a character that only had two apparences, one of which was Dick Grayson behind the mask, can have so many fans.

I think here it's Damian that will assume the moniker, cause he is nowhere to be seen in any of this solicitis.
    It's the mystery. The second one is never revealed so it fueled speculation, and speculation fuels fanfic, which they can write whoever, whatever, however they like, then get disappointed when the canon is not as good as their imagination.

As cool as this appears, I gotta say it feels like a waste to only have it be a mere 2 months long. That's way too short a timespan to really do justice to this type of concept and the ideas that'd naturally spring forth from it. And on top of that, there's still a lack of characters here who should be here. No Duke/The Signal is very annoying. No Blue Beetle, Sideways, Vibe or seemingly anyone of Hispanic ethnicity. No one from the New Age of Heroes who's time to shine would logically be now. Only a Lantern that can't be discerned plus maybe Jo? Where the frick is Simon? And Wallace is AWOL unless he really is the JL Flash like lemonpeace surmises.

And as mentioned, it seems the only Legacies of Color are Legacies of White characters. No Black character Legacies to be found (Exxy, where you at?!).

Then there's the odd choice to promote Jackson to Aquaman, but then omit him from being on the Justice League?

Like, this type of thing is brilliant, but it needs time and the proper space to actually, naturally flesh itself out. And that cannot be justly achieved in the span of 2 mere months. That just screams a bunch of one-shots, which feels like a disservice to any earnest efforts to explore such an intriguing and fun concept..
    Exactly. They don't even wanna develop the old or mid gen diversity.
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 10-15-2020 at 12:25 PM.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

I'm guessing "Andy" refers to Aquaman's new kid but what is it short for?
    "Cable was right!"

Seems like this would have a been a good opportunity to show underused characters with lots of potential finally getting to the next level. Would have loved to have gotten Cass Cain, Blue Beetle - Jaime Reyes, Vibe, Tanya Spears, Aquagirl - Lorena Marquez, Naomi, etc. Instead there are more new characters who will be quickly forgotten/shelved by DC.

Extraordinary Member

I'm halfway glad that Power Girl isn't part of this at all; but also partway irked that even here, PG isn't part of the Superman Family as DC sees it.