Page 72 of 74 FirstFirst ... 226268697071727374 LastLast
Results 1,066 to 1,080 of 1109

Thread: DC Future State

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    not really, that sounds more like the typical recidivist storytelling culture DC's perpetuated more than anything else. it's not like Wally went back to being Kid Flash, it's a matter of DC not sticking to their guns not the idea of characters taking on different mantles being bad. that's like saying death is bad because it's an opportunity for resurrection; no, DC's just cowards.
    Wally didn't go back to being Kid Flash because he's an adult.

Guy Gardner became Warrior, John Stewart became a Darkstar, Kyle became Ion, and Dick Grayson went back to Nightwing, Bart Allen went back to Impulse, etc.

By the nature of comics being an endless loop, Red X being someone who's an established hero would just make them going back to that previous mantle inevitable.

Anyways, is your theoretical Red X confirmed to be in the Teen Titans Academy book?

So to step away from Red X for a minute I’d like to bring up Jace/Batman from Justice League. That is I like seeing him be fun, that at the end he’s sort of friends with his teammates. Plus I like the idea that as he’s kicking butt he’s humming his own theme song, that’s fun.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Superboy-Prime View Post
    Wally didn't go back to being Kid Flash because he's an adult.

Guy Gardner became Warrior, John Stewart became a Darkstar, Kyle became Ion, and Dick Grayson went back to Nightwing, Bart Allen went back to Impulse, etc.

By the nature of comics being an endless loop, Red X being someone who's an established hero would just make them going back to that previous mantle inevitable.

Anyways, is your theoretical Red X confirmed to be in the Teen Titans Academy book?
    I'm not gonna go back and forth with you on this, mainly because I'm just not in the mood to debate DC's weak storytelling culture; agree to disagree.

anyway, yeah my Red X candidate is confirmed to be part of Titans Academy.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    So to step away from Red X for a minute I’d like to bring up Jace/Batman from Justice League. That is I like seeing him be fun, that at the end he’s sort of friends with his teammates. Plus I like the idea that as he’s kicking butt he’s humming his own theme song, that’s fun.
    that was pretty funny, I feel like that humanized him a bit. now that they've shown it's Jace under the mask, I'm not a fan of them shaving him. now he's generic black guy with a lowcut #583. c'mon DC, if you are gonna draw the same hairstyle for every other black male at least let them keep SOME unique features.
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 02-09-2021 at 09:43 AM.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

currently following:
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

that was pretty funny, I feel like that humanized him a bit. now that they've shown it's Jace under the mask, I'm not a fan of them shaving him, now he's generic black guy with a lowcut #583. c'mon DC, if you are gonna draw the same hairstyle for every other black male at least let them keep SOME unique features.
    Yeah now the only question is, what does Jace hum? Does he make up his own song or does he just think of a song he likes? No wrong answers I’m doing this purely for fun speculation of what music this Batman would fight to.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Yeah now the only question is, what does Jace hum? Does he make up his own song or does he just think of a song he likes? No wrong answers I’m doing this purely for fun speculation of what music this Batman would fight to.
    I like to imagine it's some song he picked up in Russia. doesn't remember all the words in Russian but the melody sticks in his head.

currently following:

Batman by Jaden Smith

I'm not gonna go back and forth with you on this, mainly because I'm just not in the mood to debate DC's weak storytelling culture; agree to disagree.

Where was he confirmed to be in it?

Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

When did this happen?
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Where was he confirmed to be in it?
    aht aht, I can't tell y'all, it'll give away my candidate; I refuse to jinx myself again! just know it's one of the people that are part of Titans Academy.

currently following:

aht aht, I can't tell y'all, it'll give away my candidate; I refuse to jinx myself again! just know it's one of the people that are part of Titans Academy.
    As the kids say, "That's cap."

Batman by Jaden Smith
    I had to look that one up, that would be great just because of the idea of Jon listening to Jace repeat “Batman, Batman, Batman” and wondering why he’s saying his name constantly while fighting.
    Words to live by.

As the kids say, "That's cap."
    no sir, they're among the students. look, you ain't gotta believe me but if I'm right I'm gonna have the screenshot to prove it it said it.

currently following:

Astonishing Member

I didn't get it a little, if this is just a possible future, why the hell does the Future State Teen Titans finale say that in Titans Academy we will find out how it all came to this? If they are seriously going to make this massacre canon, then they can go to hell with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    I didn't get it a little, if this is just a possible future, why the hell does the Future State Teen Titans finale say that in Titans Academy we will find out how it all came to this? If they are seriously going to make this massacre canon, then they can go to hell with it.
    Basically, and this is how it works for all Possible Futures, Titans Academy is canon to Future State: Teen Titans, but Future State: Teen Titans isn't the canonical future of Titans Academy.