Page 8 of 74 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858 ... LastLast

Thread: DC Future State

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Does anyone know who the black man with the sword is?

Also while this looks interesting I also feel like we’re about to get a bunch of incomplete stories because this was clearly supposed to be the start of something bigger.’
    That would be Jonathan Stewart.

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    I'm halfway glad that Power Girl isn't part of this at all; but also partway irked that even here, PG isn't part of the Superman Family as DC sees it.
    This really is par for course. Ever since the Crisis PG has always been treated as rather independent of the Superman mythos. Sporadically certain creators have tried to include her, but it never seems to stick.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

So, I'm I the only one confused by how this is the "future" and we have older characters, but some characters havent aged? Like the Aquawoman in JL, isn't she currently a child? Given, I haven't read Aquaman, but from what I read she's a child still currently, unless I'm wrong.

Rather interesting event, but I'm only really interested in the Justice League title due to Jo and Justice League Dark. I'll pick up the Batman one too, cause of Gotham City Sirens.
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

It might be that there's different potential futures depending on the title?

I mean, in Diana's title, it looks like Clark, Bruce, and Hal are dead but Kal-El is very much alive in his book, just off-planet and handing off the mantle.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Power Torch View Post
    So, I'm I the only one confused by how this is the "future" and we have older characters, but some characters havent aged? Like the Aquawoman in JL, isn't she currently a child? Given, I haven't read Aquaman, but from what I read she's a child still currently, unless I'm wrong.

Rather interesting event, but I'm only really interested in the Justice League title due to Jo and Justice League Dark. I'll pick up the Batman one too, cause of Gotham City Sirens.
    the stories cover an extended period of time that starts around 2030 and stretches from there. Aquaman, Wonder Woman, and Superman all take place around the beginning of that time scale and the Justice League title is a few years later. so Andy is an early teen in Aquaman but grows up to inherit the Aqua mantle from Jackson by the time of Justice League.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    the stories cover an extended period of time that starts around 2030 and stretches from there. Aquaman, Wonder Woman, and Superman all take place around the beginning of that time scale and the Justice League title is a few years later. so Andy is an early teen in Aquaman but grows up to inherit the Aqua mantle from Jackson by the time of Justice League.
    Ah! Thank you! I wonder how these will effect the main titles in April then.
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by PennyDreadful View Post
    Elsewhere, someone speculated this was a castoff from the previous regime.
    There is absolutely no doubt about that: it even confirms lots of stuff BC posted about as far back as a year, a year and a half.

Still, if they had the time to repurpose so much, so much, someone, somewhere should just have gone:" you know what, let's leave Wally alone for now."
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    Hmm. I see. This still makes me wonder where our new Aquaman is.
    Neptune. The solicits say that Jackson is taking care of Arthur and Meras daughter as Aquaman and they get separated. Going off the Justice League cover and I'd say Andy goes through a time skip similar to what Jon went through she takes over as Aquawoman and Jackson is trapped in jail on Neptune for what sounds like 5 years.

The art on this looks way better than DC's usual fare.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post

Vixen looking a little light-skinned (that is Vixen, right?).
    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I don’t think it’s short for anything, that’s just her name.
    You'd think the scion of land and sea would have a more relevant and poignant name than "Andy."

Like, name her after Atlanna or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    There is absolutely no doubt about that: it even confirms lots of stuff BC posted about as far back as a year, a year and a half.

Still, if they had the time to repurpose so much, so much, someone, somewhere should just have gone:" you know what, let's leave Wally alone for now."
    Maybe the Flash book needs to take all the Speedsters out so Future Slate Flash is the only Speedster.

Welp. Just when I expected it the least, a huge list of new comics has prepared a raid on my bank account it seems.

A lot of those seems interesting enough to try and grab them, and even those which don't interest me will have readers I hope.

Plus it'll be short and contained so it could be used to test some waters and see how things are received I guess.

Incredible Member PennyDreadful's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post

Just so long as it only lasts for the month or so and they build on Speed Metal when things are back to normal. I will skip it anyway.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Maybe the Flash book needs to take all the Speedsters out so Future Slate Flash is the only Speedster.
    Sure. GL did the same thing. But the “how” of it here is iffy.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

After reading some speculation on Twitter, I'm going keep my eye out on the possibility that Future State will be back as an imprint in the future.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    After reading some speculation on Twitter, I'm going keep my eye out on the possibility that Future State will be back as an imprint in the future.
    That's my guess. If any of these sell strong enough we'll see a couple of books.