Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default What 5 (or 10) DC Comics from the past would you like to see revived?

If you could revive 5 or possibly even 10 DC comics of the past, which ones would you choose?

I love a variety of characters in the DCU monthly ongoings, so here's what I would love to see come back

JLI- a fun, less serious, sometimes humorous JL team that can handle threats and not always be tied into some ridiculous crossover event. No Batman.

Blue Beetle (jamie reyes)- He could be DC's Peter Parker if its done right

Robin (any)- I think a solo title featuring Damian or Tim. Lately I feel Robin has been put to the side, I'd like to see what he does when Batman is moody or involved in other stuff.

Talon- I don't know about you all, but I loved this short lived series in the New 52

Booster Gold- because I think he's awesome

Green Lantern Corps- I think the rest of the GL's deserve some attention

Last edited by K7P5V; 10-15-2020 at 09:32 AM. Reason: Added Clarification.

Adventure Comics
    Brave and the Bold
    World's Finest
    Secret Society of Super Vilains
    Billy Batson and the Power of Shazam
    Sandy Hausler
    DC Boards Moderator (along with The Darknight Detective (who has a much cooler name that I do))
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Spectacular Member

World's Finest--With the Pre-Crisis Superman/Batman relationship largely intact

All-Star Comics with the Super Squad lineup (+ occasional JSA guest-starts) that ran in the 1970s

Arak, Son of Thunder. Dunno why, but always liked this DC Sword and Sorcery series.

The Brave and the Bold and/or DC Comics Presents--both had great examples of showcasing lesser known characters with the team-ups

House of Mystery--though a mystery/horror based comic probably doesn't stand a chance today if it doesn't involve Zombies

Brave and the Bold would be a nice outlet for the B-tier heroes now that DC has pared back its publication roster.

I’d also vote for World’s Finest and a Tim Drake solo. And Super Sons.

I’d also love to see a return of Sandman Mystery Theatre. Or give me that sort of noir as an anthology set in the Golden Age.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    monthlies like World's Finest and the like would be cool, and could feature different characters. I would hope the market would support a title like that.

- JSA
    - The Question (Vic) (he just had a mini that ended, but he needs an ongoing)
    - Power Company
    - The New Gods
    - L.E.G.I.O.N.

DC titles I would like to see revived...

Warlord
    Sgt. Rock
    Unknown Soldier
    Jonah Hex
    Bat Lash
    Kamandi
    Blackhawk
    Adventures in the DC Universe
    Showcase
    Sandman Mystery theatre

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

JSA=Power Woman.Batwoman=Helena.GreenLantern=Jenny lynn.Jesse Quick.Hourman.Dr fate.Atom Smasher.Obsidian,Northwind.Brain Wave.Starman=Jack
    Power Co.=Power Girl=Tanya.Black Alice.Ice Maiden=new younger version.Firestorm=Jason.Bunker.CM3.Bushido
    Extreme Justice=Maxima.Blk Canary.Artemis.Lady Quark.Green Arrow,Hawkman.Guy Gardner.Omac=buddy.Sebastian Faust
    World's Finest=will now be the new GLobal Guardians.Fire.Ice.Manitou Dawn.Nubia.Mera.Dr Light.Redstar.Geo Force.Green Lantern=Simon.Rocket Red ect.
    Infinity=Stargirl.Judomaster.Traci 13.Mary Marvel.Jakeem Thunder.Powerboy.Tomcat.Offspring
    Black Lightning
    DC Comics Presents
    Adventure Comic
    The Outsiders=Thunder.Lightning.Terra.Ms Martain.Element Woman.Kung Fu Fighter.Red Hood.Lightray
    Titans L.A=Bumblebee.Omen.Supergirl.Batgirl.Herald.Gnarrk .Zatara.Wonder Boy=Bobby

Boisterously Confused

Night Force. I love the idea of these (mostly) ordinary people on the fringes, bandaging their wounds after holding off threats out to Eat The Cosmos, watching the JL get a press conference, and thinking "That's cute."

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Demon Knights, I Vampire

BANNED

Green Lantern/Green Arrow
    Robin
    The Warlord
    Sandman Mystery Theatre
    New Gods

are the first that come to mind.

Extraordinary Member

Power Girl
    JSA
    REBELS/LEGION
    JLI
    Warlord

If DC puts all of those back, and they're halfway decent; they've got me as a fan, and I'd probably buy other DC products. If they don't, they've lost me as a fan.

Super Sons (or just take that extra step and make it Super Kids)
    Titans (with the OG and New Teen Titans saving the world while also guiding younger heroes along the way as people who have "been there done that")
    JSA has a lot of interesting characters, and the Stargirl television series makes me want to see more of them.
    The Sandman series of exploring those kinds of concepts could be interesting.
    Lobo. Sometimes reading a series that you know is not meant to be taken seriously, just over the top with humor (some of it dark) isn't a bad thing.